• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol Essien and Carrick were comfortably above Arteta sorry.

This season Van Djik has the most passes and is up there for touches in the league, meaningless stats tbh.

Not to knock Arteta, he was one of our better players but still.

Manberg

Predator

This season Van Djik has the most passes and is up there for touches in the league, meaningless stats tbh.

Not a chance. Arteta better than both.

GoonerJay24

What could Carrick do that Arteta couldn't? I'd say the former was slightly better at forward passes but nothing else

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

No chance Arteta was better than Carrick that’s just cap tbh.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He got booed. I was there one of the times tbh. It got to the point where Wenger couldn’t even select him anymore. Not the case with Xhaka.

You can check the archives here for his player threads as well. Brutal stuff.
Fiar enough I could barely afford a few drinks at the pub at the time, maybe it was drowned out by my own booing in front of the tv :cool:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Arteta was a really solid player. A lot more attacking at Everton, more of an attacking midfielder, sometimes even played of the right hand side for them. Totally different role for us, whether that's because his legs had gone a bit I don't know but did a good job sitting in front of the back 4 for us.

I don't anyone could ever say he was in the league of essien or Carrick but still a really good player and I liked having him in our side.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

...Carrick was like the Super Saiyan version of Arteta...no shame in that, Mikel was also a very good player.

Carrick was a very mediocre midfielder, even in his prime Fletcher had to do the defensive work and Scholes the attacking side of the game. He had an amazing defence and attack to lean on and never done much to help either. He kept the ball moving sideways normally the 5 yard pass, he was like a poor mans busquets who couldnt cope with pressure on the ball. People think Xhaka cant cope with pressure, put this bum in our midfield and you'd see what not doing anything is. I watched plenty of utd with him and they were a very very defence and forward team from the time Hargreaves got injured, after that they had pretty much nothing coming from midfield. One of the worst teams to watch I've ever seen and Carrick was at the heart of it. One of the most overated midfielders I've ever seen.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Carrick was a very mediocre midfielder, even in his prime Fletcher had to do the defensive work and Scholes the attacking side of the game. He had an amazing defence and attack to lean on and never done much to help either. He kept the ball moving sideways normally the 5 yard pass, he was like a poor mans busquets who couldnt cope with pressure on the ball. People think Xhaka cant cope with pressure, put this bum in our midfield and you'd see what not doing anything is. I watched plenty of utd with him and they were a very very defence and forward team from the time Hargreaves got injured, after that they had pretty much nothing coming from midfield. One of the worst teams to watch I've ever seen and Carrick was at the heart of it. One of the most overated midfielders I've ever seen.
you are so disrespectful to all DLPs.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
you are so disrespectful to all DLPs.

I think the position is one of the best positions on the pitch, Carrick wasnt that, he was a middling box to box midfielder that couldn't do that so kind of played a holding thing he couldn't do so Darren Fletcher had to do that for him as well. Arteta was great in the role, kept the ball moving and organised a lot of the team.... but you're naturally just a wackjob looking for an argument.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I think the position is one of the best positions on the pitch, Carrick wasnt that, he was a middling box to box midfielder that couldn't do that so kind of played a holding thing he couldn't do so Darren Fletcher had to do that for him as well. Arteta was great in the role, kept the ball moving and organised a lot of the team.... but you're naturally just a wackjob looking for an argument.

Fletcher was more of a defensive focused player who do the defensive work for his midfield partner. As his partner does not required to be top class in defending. Just like a gattusso helping the less defensive capable pirlo. You don’t criticise pirlo for not a top player at defending. Pirlo is there for the passing game.

Flecher can do defensive work better but he can’t dream of doing what Carrick can do, reading the game, playing long accurate passes and dictate the team’s attacking tempo.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Fxxk off.
Fletcher was more of a defensive focused player who do the defensive work for his midfield partner.

He can do defensive work better but he can’t dream of doing what Carrick can do, reading the game, playing long accurate passes and dictate the team’s attacking tempo.

Ahahahahahahaha you think Carrick was a good passer of the ball? When did you start watching football? Or are you just a utd fan? Carrick couldn't do defensive stuff or attacking stuff, hence bringing back Scholes and trying to play Rooney in the midfield theyw ere so desperate for anybody to pass the ball forward, Carrick was just cack and thats all he ever was. A bit part player that was only there because Ferguson was a cheap c*nt and wouldn't go and buy anything better. Reading the game and long acurate passes my ass. Song was a better passer than him :rofl::rofl:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ahahahahahahaha you think Carrick was a good passer of the ball? When did you start watching football? Or are you just a utd fan? Carrick couldn't do defensive stuff or attacking stuff, hence bringing back Scholes and trying to play Rooney in the midfield theyw ere so desperate for anybody to pass the ball forward, Carrick was just cack and thats all he ever was. A bit part player that was only there because Ferguson was a cheap c*nt and wouldn't go and buy anything better. Reading the game and long acurate passes my ass. Song was a better passer than him :rofl::rofl:
When did you start watching football then?
Song was a better passer? If you really think that, you have wasted all these year of watching football. Maybe just as you’ve said, you use your ass to watch football, not your brain.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Why we talking about Arteta the player vs Carrick the player? That’s history. We should be talking about Arteta the manager vs Carrick the manager. And Arteta is miles ahead of carrick when it comes to management. Arteta has dumped Pep, taking on the manager job of Arsenal FC and already won his first major trophy. Meanwhile Carrick can’t even get past Ole Gunnar “take the wheel” Solskjaer. Levels.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom