• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

blaze_of_glory

He's got us playing well and a lot more attractively, so he's passed the first hurdle in my mind.

Now he's being coy about transfers and laying into referees, so he's well on his way to being Arsène Mk. II. Hoping for some stylish glasses and a long coat to appear by autumn.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It was a bit heartbreaking to be fair. We conceded late after playing well and have no chance at salvaging the season now after we were given some hope that CL was still possible. People might see more positives from this one the emotions wear out.
It was highly irritating but some perspective is needed - I'd imagine a couple weeks ago, none of us thought we'd come away from this game with a point, particularly having to close the game out with 10 men. It's unfortunate but there were enough positive signs for me to not be blaming Arteta or the players too hard. We just could have done better finishing our chances - and yeah Arteta could have made his subs a little earlier.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He look bit pissed in interview and said Vardy should've sent off with that challenge against mustafi.

blaze_of_glory

It was highly irritating but some perspective is needed - I'd imagine a couple weeks ago, none of us thought we'd come away from this game with a point, particularly having to close the game out with 10 men. It's unfortunate but there were enough positive signs for me to not be blaming Arteta or the players too hard. We just could have done better finishing our chances - and yeah Arteta could have made his subs a little earlier.
Yeah just last week a lot of people were saying we'd lose this after getting beat by Wolves as well.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Little bit of a reach from Arteta :lol: - that said, I'm glad he's at least pointing out the hypocrisy of how we're treated by referees. I don't like to blame them for our failures but that doesn't negate the real possibility that there's a bias against us.
Sounds bit like Arsène when pissed and i absolutely don't mind it

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's got us playing well and a lot more attractively, so he's passed the first hurdle in my mind.

Now he's being coy about transfers and laying into referees, so he's well on his way to being Arsène Mk. II. Hoping for some stylish glasses and a long coat to appear by autumn.

He needs to start more sentences with "Look..."

Some people here have a serious agenda against Arteta for some reason.

One of the best teams in the league, the very team who humiliated us this season under Emery, struggled to get a draw against our 10 men while being completely outplayed in the first half.

We may have dropped off in the second half but this is still miles better than what we were being served up in the first half of the season. Can't expect us to win every game in during our transition can we? Arteta's tactics and subs were fine if not solid.

Plus I was told we'll be battered by Wolves and Leicester...

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We really should have sacked Emery way sooner, probably after the Europa Final...would have been very interesting what Arteta could have done this season from the start.
I think it was difficult decision and very unfair even if he messed up the final few games of that season we should have sacked him against Leicester away when we had chance 2 weeks of international break but the board didn't act

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
In a weird way that stat about dropping 12 points from winning positions is encouraging, because just getting half of those would have the team right in the race for 3rd. To even be that close to 3rd inheriting the mess he did is impressive imo.

Time for Kroenke and the board to dig into their pockets, there is enough evidence to suggest that Arteta could make this team seriously competitive if he gets some better players in.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I thought he could of brought on Lucas before the other subs. I felt we were lacking composure and calmness in our play. We were hurrying our passing with no real thinking. Other then that feel the starting line up was strong and the right one given what is available. He is unlucky that players keep letting him down with silly mistakes, lack of concentration etc.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In a weird way that stat about dropping 12 points from winning positions is encouraging, because just getting half of those would have the team right in the race for 3rd. To even be that close to 3rd inheriting the mess he did is impressive imo.

Time for Kroenke and the board to dig into their pockets, there is enough evidence to suggest that Arteta could make this team seriously competitive if he gets some better players in.

To me this highlights how badly we need another forward, or at least another reliable goalscorer in the team. We simply cannot kill teams. Yes our defence is poor, but the amount of pressure they get put under is a big problem as well.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Time for Kroenke and the board to dig into their pockets

Think we all know how that meeting will go...

ml0wnMHBLlTkTDydnFpVahRGjT4=.gif

ChefMan21

Almost everytime we lose or draw this season, I can't help but think that if that little prat Kos hadn't quit by media and being such a **** in the way he handled things, we'd be in far better shape.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We are getting more solid each game. Positive patterns start appearing in our play, both offensive and defensive. Arteta has restored confidence in this team. We can still be shaky in phases but not over the full course of the game like before.

What Arteta has done, working with existing material is nothing short of exceptional.

We've have had a lot bad luck recently, but I'm confident next season we will see an upward trajectory. He's the right man to take us forward.

Looking forward to the derby and the Liverpool game.
Hear! Hear!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
This kinda reminds me of the Chelsea game at home. Leicester switch to a back 4 and outnumber us in midfield now. Xhaka-Cellabos lack of athleticism really gets shown up and they struggle to hold onto the ball. I wonder if Arteta could have taken Kola off, put Pepe on and match them man to man. Their fullbacks were pants and we really should have gone for them.

Manberg

Predator
It was a bit heartbreaking to be fair. We conceded late after playing well and have no chance at salvaging the season now after we were given some hope that CL was still possible. People might see more positives from this once the emotions wear out.

CL was not possible before the game. You’d have to have delusions of grandeur to think we had hope. Top 4 was lost during Emery’s reign. 5th won’t get CL.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom