<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winning MANAGER

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Tom349

Tom349 Well-Known Member

This isn't true, we got the ball into good positions constantly through recycling possession and moving. The problem was the lack of courage showed by the likes of Tierney and Auba who didn't look to take the opposition on or get in behind them when others had done the work to get the ball in space. It wasn't simply Sp**s allowing space, which was clearly evident by Lacazette playing his best game so far in terms of dropping deep and being involved in the build up.

SA Gunner likes this.
  2. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

I like how he set up the team but he doesn't make the most of Pepe and honestly trying get Xhaka to function properly instead of selling him at the time was a huge huge mistake. Trying to cover his flaws with multiple defenders is just wasting our attacking as well as defensive potential.

I like him so far and want him to succeed but he has to be much more braver and understand the players much faster. Otherwise we'll fall behind.

I'm still hoping he doesn't extend Mustafi and actively wants to sell Xhaka as well as Kola etc with proper replacements. Or else, we'll be ****ed again next season.

3. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

On the flip side, we would have won if our £250k a week "keep at all costs" striker didn't bottle it again.

Ashybashy86, Hunta and OnlyOne like this.
  4. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

What part about Sp**s being happy to let us have in those positions are people not understanding? Sp**s were comfortable to let us have it outwide and a few yards from their box because they knew we weren't going to cause them problems. And we didn't. Only chances we had were when Auba hit the post and the nice pass by Xhaka to Bellerin that he controlled poorly. Maybe the Pepe one where he crossed it with his left foot instead of fizzing it. But regardless that and the Bellerin one are half chances at best, we didn't even get shots away from them. So it was only really the Auba one off the bar. Which shows why Sp**s were so comfortable in letting us have the ball, because we never threatened.

5. Manberg

Manberg Predator

It may not be good enough but it’s the best he has.

6. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Judge him after end of next season. That's the amount of time Emery was given.

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I have no hope of Arteta fixing this squad Wenger Emery and now mikel we still making same errors collapsing always when things don't go our way overhaul needed defensively Partey and creative midfielder signing is a must too

8. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Its quite simple really. He needs better players.

9. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that if arteta said he didn’t want those 2 that they’d be given new contracts. Either way they’ll be in our starting 11 next season and routinely cost us (with some solid performances mixed in).

10. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Seriously, if Auba scores and Kola doesn't play that exquisite pass to Son then everyone would be saying Arteta has us dominating games right now

11. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

10 of those points we defenders mistakes that are not related to Arteta as a coach.

12. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

I've said this in the past about Laca, but it even more true of Auba. Go watch the supposedly lethal strikers that the likes of Liverpool and City have. They also miss 1-3 clear cut chances a game, difference is that City and Liverpool keep creating chances and create enough chances so that they do eventually score. Auba had 2 chances all game, that really slim pickings. At Liverpool and City he'd get significantly more than that.

Seriously, go look at the xG of the likes of Salah, Aguero, Mane, Sterling etc.. He outperforms all of them by a wide margin.

Bare in mind that I'm not of the opinion that we should keep him at all costs, I'm actually in favour of letting him go for the right price.

lomekian, Aevi, AberGooner and 3 others like this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

Wouldn’t say that chance qualifies as a bottle. Just got his feet wrong.

Bottle would be if he had more time and messed it up.

lomekian likes this.
  14. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

I’m hoping Saka needed rest. Because surely you play Tierney LCB and Saka LWB with everyone fit?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  15. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

How long does Arteta need until we see the full potential that people see in him? 1 year? 2 years?

Not asking about winning leagues and trophies. Just in terms of style of play, attacking football, top 4 results.

16. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

He hasn’t. He is only good when an attacker is trying to run/muscle past him.

He’s an incredibly dumb footballer with poor technique and a non-existent right foot. He’s been making boneheaded passes and decisions for as long as I can remember, we’ve just been getting away with it.

17. Anders Harbo

Anders Harbo Well-Known Member

Mmmjjjarrrh. He’s the coach I guess. He put the players in there. How can a manager ever be more related to a goal?

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Hopefully by the end of next season. Some clear idea should be installed within the club. After that, we have to see if Arteta can build something special about it.

My main worry is that we know we are horseshit defensively, and the only thing the transfer team can come up with is to add more trash on it in Mari, Soares, and Luiz.

kraphtous likes this.
  19. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Kola had been getting away with his poor play in possession with some relatively passable defensive displays. Plus, Saka defo needed rest, he's played a lot of games in a short space of time.

I'm hoping they drop Kola going forward though. Such a poor player. With nothing left to play for, I'd like to see some more experimental lineups.

Trilly likes this.
  20. kofigunner

kofigunner Well-Known Member Trusted

Reality is we have lots of players on relatively high wages, not easy to unload, and thus not easy to get that many new players unless something miraculous happens. A lot of the rebuild has to be a youth movement and building up trusted second options for key positions.

Squillaci, lomekian and Wrighty4eva like this.