<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winning MANAGER

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

He already showed that in some games we don't have team that go against top 6 side and dominate he improved us defensively even tho don't think he can do much because we have error prone defense. Just like you can't judge him until he got the players he want

2. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

That's all for naught when you give new contracts to the likes of Luiz and you're thinking about extending Mustafi too.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    krengon likes this.
  3. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

4. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

Not his fault the players are useless.

Notorious Big and SA Gunner like this.
  5. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

When do you think will he have a team that can beat a top 6 side, or have the players that he wants? End of next season? End of 2021-22?

6. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

:lol: He had his chance and did nothing of note. Would like to see what Paddy can do.

7. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

After his contract expires.

8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

That's up for our club we have to be smart in transfers buy smart and not buy luxury players to only make fans happy.

9. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Hope he gets some backing in the summer. We need another CB to partner Saliba, a CM and a ACM. I’ve been encouraged by how we’ve improved with the ball but we’re still lacking creativity and some forward progression in midfield.

El Duderino, RacingPhoton and Hunta like this.
  10. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

But it is his fault for dodgy first 11s and last minute subs.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  11. nickguest

nickguest New Member

Hopefully he'll have learned that three clowns at the back isn't any safer than two.

Having Tierney defend Alderweireld is a strange decision as well.

12. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

:lol: Saw this heel turn coming a mile away

13. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

I’m asking for a more specific answer. Club can’t make only perfect signings, sometimes things go wrong but top managers don’t completely fold after that. All the managers in the world deal with bad signings but the top class ones still show that they can make something of it. I’m asking for a specific timeline for Arteta because you can’t hover around the 8th-10th position for two years and expect to get support.

Can we expect to see Artetaball next season or is that too soon?

14. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Tbf I’ve been consistent (sometimes the only one) who wants to see more.

I’ll admit that Emery burnt me, I need to see it really working before I back a manager again.

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  15. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I have my conditions too tbf, I just don't expect to see any substantial change until next season. At the very least, there's at least been some semblance of a plan, and there's been more Hale End presence in the team. If they can build on that, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

lomekian and dashsnow17 like this.
  16. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

I think everyone wants to see more.

I think we need to realize that just like with young player Arteta is taking his first steps as a manager, so there is also a learning curve for him. And he got the gig at the probably worst possible time he could ever get it, so it has been an uphill battle for him ever since he joined us.

The questions we need to answer right now is that doe we see anything in him to keep being our manager. In my honest opinion, it's yes. There is a lot to work within Arteta and I think he will only get better with more transfer windows and pre-seasons!

Trilly and lomekian like this.
  17. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan

It's always reactionary after a loss, especially a NLD loss.

I said it before but I feel when we won under Emery people could see a lot of the time we were lucking out but to me under Arteta he's built a solid base it just needs work and a few more players and the wins feel proper if that makes sense?

This loss though is up there with the Olympiacos one, really disappointed but think under the circumstances Arteta has done well to even get us to enjoy some football again.

My worry is this summer though, really not sure if we'll get the rebuild we want. The Luiz/Cedric/Mari signings are telling me more and more that they were signed because of a lack of money. Hope I am wrong.

18. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Nobody wants Arteta out you bunch of plebs.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  19. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

I want Arteta out

Trilly and American_Gooner like this.
  20. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Yeah extending that clown Luiz is strike one as far as I'm concerned. Surrely we are not stupid enough to do the same with Mustafi

hydrofluoric acid likes this.