<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winning MANAGER

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

He literally said he wanted to keep them. He's happy with them, so yes.

Can't complain when they let him down next season.

2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

But why is he saying that? The financial situation looks dire, club keep leaking there is no money.

No manager takes Luiz or Mari from Brazil if they don’t have to.

lomekian likes this.
  3. EinmalImmerEwig

EinmalImmerEwig Only Wants British Players At Arsenal

But we all knew that was what Mourinho was going to do. That's what he always does.
    My wife decided not to watch the game, and do the cooking instead.
    I called her in after the first goal. You have to see this goal, I said. Just enjoy the moment.
    She came in, sat down, and we enjoyed the moment.
    It lasted about 1 minute.
    Then Son got his goal.
    She stood up, walked out, and said "we're eating at half time, this has 2-1 Tottenham last minute written all over it"
    We had a great meal, then 10 minutes before the end she went out to put the plates in the dishwasher, and make a pot of herbal tea.
    She knew, I knew, we all knew.

Well, nearly everyone knew...

krackpot likes this.
  4. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

The transfer window will say a lot. If Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding or Kolasinac are here he’s a yes man.

Need to see some leadership.

5. Gunners1616

Gunners1616 Well-Known Member

It's really hard to trust a coach who counts on David Luiz (miraculous extension) and Mustafi (extension to come ?) to get us back in the top 4 when those guys are part of the reason we are so far from top 4.

Mustafi has been better than before (not hard to do) but our standards are way too low. He was implicated in goals of Maupay, Vardy and today he looked horrible in the 2nd half. Just way too average and targeted for most of our oponents.

David luiz no comment. I just don't get this hype around his passing ability. He plays because apparently he passes like Pirlo (but he can't defend to save his life) and Kola' plays because he is left-footed. If you don't have the players for your system don't force it. I would prefer to see Holding and AMN getting game time rather than these lots.

To end the season i hope he uses more Holding, AMN and Torreira as DM to help the defense. At least they can do the basics and are less error-prone.

And in the summer we absolutely have to ship out David Luiz and Kolasinac at all cost. Liabilities on huge salaries. Kolasinac had interests from Italy in the past (Napoli, Roma, Inter) but he is on 100K per week with 2 years left. F*ck me, wonder who gave him such a deal. That's just crazy for a guy who can't do the basics like passing the ball.

And Luiz does't matter where and how, just need to go. We should have NEVER extended him. Should have just given Holding a chance.

Mustafi not sure if anybody would be interested and he also on 90K per week but maybe a german club might be interested by miracle...

That's a lot to ask in one window but no choice if we are ambitious.

6. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Transfer window will say a lot but don't think it's as black and white as all that

Trilly and El Duderino like this.
  7. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Apparently he wants to give Mustafi a new contract. I think Arteta has that arrogant belief that he can “fix” some players and while we can all agree that he has clearly improved the “look” of some players. Ultimately no system in the world can remove your flaws. They can limit them or hide them but a flawed defence is a flawed defence and when the pressure is up it’s no surprise those players collapse. Think about every big game we’ve had away from home in the last couple of years and you can remember several instances where a player bottled it. There’s a reason why PL clubs don’t buy conference league players, because their base level isn’t good enough.

Gunners1616 likes this.
  8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

If the club say “because of Covid and no Europe, money is tight”. What can he do?

Hes not in a position yet to give ultimatums.

bingobob and EinmalImmerEwig like this.
  9. EinmalImmerEwig

It's going to take 2 or 3 transfer windows to sort out the mess we're in at the moment to be fair. Plus who will take our rejects? And for what price? And how much will Kroenke invest?
    And which World Class players who could make the difference would want to come to us, with the current situation?
    There's no quick fix.

lomekian likes this.
  10. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

He’s already been speaking out about them needing to do more to convince Aubameyang, similarly with Ceballos and Real Madrid. You act like he keeps his mouth shut and toes the party line.

bingobob and El Duderino like this.
  11. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

I won't pretend to know why, or what he's thinking. Can only go by what he says and does.

12. Joestlaachmkr

Joestlaachmkr Active Member

Honestly, i still can`t believe we went for Emery as replacement for Wenger back in 2018. Emery was a failure, and i am certainly not convinced by Arteta either.

Frustrating that we didn`t get a top class manager Brendan Rodgers, Tuchel, Allegri, Jardim or Simeone to succeed AW in 2018.

13. Hunta

He is though, if he threatens to walk they’ll **** themselves. Edu and Raul will have to go to their bosses and explain why another coach has gone.

Those lot listed above and more need to be shipped, if they’re not we’re in huge trouble.

14. gamechannel

gamechannel Well-Known Member

If money is tight, why the fuvk would the club renew Luiz, Mari and Soares? And theres chatter that Mustafi will get a new deal as well. Wouldn't it be better to just let them walk and cut our losses instead of committing more money to these players? The no money reason is no ****ing excuse if what we are seeing on the contract front is the complete opposite.

15. Hunta

Sokratis and Mustafi can be given away, Holding we’ll get a fee for, Kolasinac can be loaned.

We got rid of £55k Carl Jenkinson ffs.

16. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Yeah exactly, just makes no sense wasting money like that.

17. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

True. Having players like that will only end up costing you an arm, a leg and vital organs when you see your team sliding down the table into double digits. Such myopic short-term planning.

18. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Probably cheaper than getting rid and buying someone else right? Luiz is taking a decrease in wages, Mari is like 8M and Cedric free.

19. Manberg

Manberg Predator

People are overreacting. Against Wolves we defended better and didn’t make mistakes, today we did. Wolves are a better side than Sp**s.

20. EinmalImmerEwig

But then where's the money to buy replacements?
    Kroenke won't invest.
    We need to make big bucks to afford decent defenders.
    There's Özil as well. Auba's new contract. Probably no European money.
    I won't go on.
    I want to punch myself in the nuts to stop myself thinking about the task that lies ahead for our football club.
    Oh, I forgot... it's not even ours anymore.