<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winning MANAGER

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. lomekian

lomekian Well-Known Member

Because the only other CB we;ve got is Holding who can't run into wide areas and has no left foot. And Sokratis who can run but can't even pass on his right foot. If Mari was fit, Kola would be on the bench where he belongs.

Taneruit and El Duderino like this.
  2. gamechannel

gamechannel Well-Known Member

But thats just it though. If the plan is to accept mediocrity by extending these players, the club can do so at a lower cost by just playing the likes of holding, chambers, incoming saliba, academy medley etc. They can't be much worse than these clowns! Save money, and just ride with the existing bunch of mediocre players and let the other mediocre ones walk.

3. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Literally had the game in our hands and lost yet again due to bad defending nad Auba fluffing chances, we actually had shots on target as well.

It's like people have blocked how bad it was under Emery for a long time. Said before, the fact that we were able to entertain a small chance of breaking into the top 5 is down to him.

He's not perfect, subs are something he needs to be more proactive about, but he's done enough to get a full season and backing.

4. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Mari can't run out wide anyway. Slow as ****. Doesn't look good enough.

5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

I get where you're coming from tbf, you can't go into the season with those 4 as starting CB's. I don't know what the plan is with the defence and it's a huge worry.

6. EinmalImmerEwig

EinmalImmerEwig Only Wants British Players At Arsenal

Wolves didn't attack either. They never do.
    0-0 at halftime, late goals to win it.
    Nuno is a tactical genius.
    It's like GG and 1-0 to The Arsenal.

We were taken to the cleaners by the worst Tottenham team for a long time.
    And they didn't even have to try.
    We bent over and let them shaft us.

7. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Who could he play instead of Luiz and Mustafi? Honest question.

Holding? Coming back from a serious injury and has been hot and cold. Sokratis? Also coming back from injury, albeit more recently.

He could've sub Kola, but that's about it. His hands are tied here.

8. EinmalImmerEwig

EinmalImmerEwig Only Wants British Players At Arsenal

Cheaper and easier.
    No hassles, easy life, and our owner has a weekend break in jolly old London town every year to see one of his franchises.

OnlyOne likes this.
  9. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

It's so easy to say that on the internet, but we don't have better options. Holding has been shaky anytime he played since his injury, Sokratis is just more of the same (and even worse on the ball), AMN is a player I like but hardly saves the day.

People love to hype up the players who don't play, but honestly we have failed with every player, every combination, every manager - it's obvious we cannot and won't improve until we get in better players.

10. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

This is the Arteta thread. What you are talking about is the management/owners. I doubt that if you made Arteta choose between van Dijk and Luiz he would choose the latter, but I don't think he has that kind of choice you know.

11. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

I'm gonna be honest and probably go against the grain, knowing this place and knowing Arsenal fans in general.

I saw a lot today to be happy about. We were the only team attempting to play football. We were failed, not by tactics, but by personnel. Had Kolasinac not given the ball away like an idiot, had we been able to defend a simple corner and had leaders organising set pieces, it could have been different.

LFC looked the same on set pieces and defensively till they got a leader in their defence.

I still like what Arteta wants us to play like, he just needs good recruitment.

12. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Agreed, he looks ill suited to be playing in a three back system unless it`s in the middle. Looks slow as ****

13. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Tierney is much better defensively than Kola. Okay, Kola's delivery isn't great (what is he actually good at? :lol:), but it's surely better to have him as far away from our goal as much as possible.

14. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

If we bin them all in the summer we’re not going to get four replacements.

A lot of these players will still be here next year, particularly Mustafi and probably Sokratis. The other two maybe not but I wouldn’t be surprised.

We need to make some additions first to build up the squad. Our options off the bench are mostly teenagers. Can’t compete when that’s the case.

El Duderino likes this.
  15. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

We have eight CB’s, 32 players in our squad.
    Get off the wine Nick.

oh to be a goon likes this.
  16. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

I don't get why we need to keep calamities like Mustafi and Luiz (Before renewal) around. ****ing play our U23 CB's, believe me, they won't do worse. City are starting ****ing Garcia in games, LFC have promoted Gomez, these defenders are not doing worse than Mustafi and Luiz are, and are definitely on lower wages.

krengon, Ashybashy86 and Big Poppa like this.
  17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Wolves were poor. Nuno said it was their worst game of the year.

Traore would’ve scored if he wasn’t just a bodybuilder too.

sdotzdot likes this.
  18. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

I'm 99.9% sure Sokratis won't be here next season. He already said he won't sit on the bench. Mustafi I can see staying, which will be a mistake. Kolasinac...I refuse to even imagine him here next season. Nope.

Emeryates likes this.
  19. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Good post. We are finally looking better in possession and while I know people won`t care much about it after a defeat to your bitter rivals, 65 per cent possession and 89 pass completion is encouraging even though Sp**s at times were happy to let us have the ball. Being able to keep the ball and progress the play forward is the basic for any team looking to be successful and for a long time we have looked awful in that aspect.

Emeryates and Taneruit like this.
  20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Agreed, such a shame this mistake came in such a big game but we know this defence has them in them.

lomekian likes this.