<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winning MANAGER

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Anything between 8th to 12th bro, what's yours? 2 either side of the mean looks a good compromise. And he was only 6th after 22 years, under extreme duress. Context is everything, 8th only 2 seasons after he left. :eek:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

:lol: Fine, but you'll have to change your name to Emerybored.

EmeryCouldnt likes this.
  3. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VJ872QH

Hey guys, its dissertation time and I need your help for a project I'm doing. All I ask of you guys is if you could take some time out of your precious day to answer 9 questions on my survey. It literally took me 2 minutes to do and I'm the type to hate on surveys but I tried to make it as quick as possible. Please help me out if you can, my regards
    RunTheTrap.

SA Gunner likes this.
  4. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

I'm just hinting that you cannot say you have been right about it yet.

Take an average of the two seasons after Wenger and it is 5th+8th=13th/2= 6.5th.

Now if we are at 8th or worse next season I can say you were right because that's two years in a row there.

Macho and Makingtrax like this.
  5. jus2nang

jus2nang Member

To be fair a lot of people talk about a top 6 and a bottom 6. Anywhere else (i.e. the remaining 8) could be considered midtable.

6. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

I’d say 8th is midtable tbh. We wouldn’t have even qualified for Europa on league finish alone.

7. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

You lot remember back in 2015 when you had a good run with Walcott up top, Sanchez on the left, Özil as the 10 and Ramsey on the right? It was during the time where Coquelin was massively in form and partnered well with Cazorla, basically enabling the front 4 to just do their thing.

The way you're playing under Arteta reminds me a bit of this, but you're missing that deep partnership in midfield I think. Willian could easily slot into that 10 role as the strong dribbler creating chances by ostensibly not losing the ball under pressure.

skummm, Gooner416, krackpot and 9 others like this.
  8. Shalmaneser V

Shalmaneser V Well-Known Member

Remember that game well. Watched the match in the local then pulled some Spanish bird named Estafania who could barely speak a word of English. Great times!

Beksl likes this.
  9. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Ramsey could have been great on the right, shame he and Arsène didn't want him there permanently, could have been a modern day Ljungberg.

10. Manberg

Manberg Predator

He was great in the middle.

#254 likes this.
  11. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Not since 2014, he became too attacking...was only consistently good in the middle when we used a back 3 formation post 2014.

I really liked him on the right back in 2015, his running power really helped Santi.

krackpot likes this.
  12. Manberg

Manberg Predator

He was great in his final season here. If it wasn’t for him we’d have finished 8th not 5th and wouldn’t have made the final. Season fell to pieces after Ramsey got injured.

#254 likes this.
  13. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Need someone like Santi Cazorla for this.

14. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

I reckon Ceballos (if he stays) is capable of filling that role. Always been a big fan of him. I think you need a proper ball winner next to him, someone who can cover ground quickly. AMN might fit that role but it sounds like he's being sold.

Beksl likes this.
  15. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

16. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

This sounds like something a plastic fan would say to be fair.

17. kash2

kash2 Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD .... how will i survive this insult ... woe is me.

18. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Not even an insult, just a true description of who he is. An Özil fanboy that gives no ****s to the club.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  19. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Need him to stay for a few years, steady the ship.

Barca and $ity will both be sniffing around in a few weeks probably.

20. kash2

kash2 Well-Known Member

dont be salty Unai, now your boy Raul is gone.