• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

And no I’m not an Arteta hater so don’t quote me with a troll post please. :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If we took our chances vs Leicester we'd be one point off top having played at Anfield, Etihad and OT. But it is what it is, I'm not one for crying about previous results so we just have to move on. Still a work in progress tho, if we can remain solid defensively all season and up the creativity a bit I think we can do something but it'll be tough, he's got his hands tied because of the lack of creative players and the options he has up front. Long term tho I've got absolutely 100% faith we can do something special...... provided he's backed properly of course.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The team he selected was spot on apart from playing Lacazette (who admittedly wasn’t horrendous today).

If we could start trying Auba up top and playing wingers around him maybe our creativity will improve. Our false 9 dropping to pick up the ball can be done by Willian off the wing or something, it’s not too much of a big deal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we took our chances vs Leicester we'd be one point off top having played at Anfield, Etihad and OT. But it is what it is, I'm not one for crying about previous results so we just have to move on. Still a work in progress tho, if we can remain solid defensively all season and up the creativity a bit I think we can do something but it'll be tough, he's got his hands tied because of the lack of creative players and the options he has up front. Long term tho I've got absolutely 100% faith we can do something special...... provided he's backed properly of course.
Seems to have earned Kroenke’s trust.

Was an athletic piece that heavily hinted that we wouldn’t have signed Partey if the Kroenkes didn’t rate him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Getting Szoboszlai or Aouar in the winter would really give us so much that anything becomes possible in this weird season.

Would be so so good, if we'd do business in the winter. Can't see it though.

Tir Na Nog

Getting Szoboszlai or Aouar in the winter would really give us so much that anything becomes possible in this weird season.

Would be so so good, if we'd do business in the winter. Can't see it though.

Yeah I'm hopefully, however I've got a golden rule when it comes to Arsenal in January, don't expect anything. :lol: It's honestly very very rare. Arshavin and Auba obviously the exceptions, even Monreal turned out to be class. Other than that we don't tend to do a lot.

Tir Na Nog

As my man Mike so eloquently points out, Arteta has become the first Arsenal manager to win his first two matches vs United since Herbert Chapman. :eek:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I am so impressed with this man. The amount of pressure he started to come under from certain people in the fan base and he turns out that performance.

And you know what we didn't even sit back in the 343... elite pressing in the first half. To really lock this formation in and make it elite all we really need is two attackers who can compliment auba and offer Arteta what he wants.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
947-F54-EE-0-C1-F-4-D8-F-AF69-DBBC5-A91-F543.jpg

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
And you know what we didn't even sit back in the 343... elite pressing in the first half. To really lock this formation in and make it elite all we really need is two attackers who can compliment auba and offer Arteta what he wants.
Well, this is a change in his approach, think it was obvious we needed something like that after some poor games.

Reactions: Kav

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Hope the people who complain because we're not playing peak Wengerball less than a year into Arteta's reign back off a bit now.

At the moment it's still about getting results rather than the manner we do it in. The defence and general attitude / demeanour in the squad is light years ahead of what it was a year ago, no-one can deny that. That's what needed sorting first.

We're getting the base sorted then we can start looking at ways to be more expansive going forward.

I honestly believe in 2-2.5 years time we're going to be really competitive for major trophies.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hope the people who complain because we're not playing peak Wengerball less than a year into Arteta's reign back off a bit now.

At the moment it's still about getting results rather than the manner we do it in. The defence and general attitude in the squad is light years ahead of what it was a year ago, no-one can deny that. That's what needed sorting first.

We're getting the base sorted then we can start looking at ways to be more expansive going forward.

I honestly believe in 2-2.5 years time we're going to be really competitive for major trophies.

We could win 20 games in a row, but as soon as we lose 1, certain people will be on his back again...Agenda-Mania, afterall!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We have only conceded 7 goals so far. Lowest in the league. I am so happy with this. Yes we are a bit poor going forward but we have stopped the leaking of goals and shots.

Build from the back! Build from the back!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Leicester result feels very frustrating now but great character shown by Mikel and the team to respond with that today in what was in many ways a must win game.
Certainly don't feel like we're going to go away to the big teams and get hammered anymore.
Huge huge win after the Leicester defeat. If we keep things simple against Villa, we can go to Leeds without having the weight of the world on us. That is one game I'm really concerned about but also looking forward to. Will be a big big test of our new found defensive resilience.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
And no I’m not an Arteta hater so don’t quote me with a troll post please. :lol:
Not hate, just constant criticism and shade for the last few weeks because we weren't playing like you wanted to see... You're not capable of 'hate'. Hate is what the great unwashed indulge in :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom