• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
All I am asking for is a little patience.

Sir Bobby Robson took over a completely struggling Newcastle team that looked headed for relegation, just like Sir Mikel Arteta and this Arsenal team.

In his first year, it was all about survival, which he achieved, just like Mikel...Arteta actually finished higher in the league, but that's neither here nor there.

In his second season, Robson took a Newcastle team that just a few years ago where challenging for the league, back to greatness right...wrong...he achieved another midtable finish.

But Geordie fans didn't complain, they didn't moan...they were actually proper fans and supported the club and manager, and trusted the process...next 2 seasons Newcastle qualified for the Champions League back to back.

If we can just be a proper fanbase for once, that could be us, it may take a little longer but we can do it...and Robson just like Arteta had never managed a Premiership team before he got the Newcastle job, so lack of experience is something the greats can overcome...and if anything, Mikel is a little better than Robson at that point, as he has already won us the FA cup.

Gotta have faith, though...gotta have faith.

Don't get this fanbase stuff. If people were allowed in the stadium he would've been sacked and matchgoing fans are usually the more accutrate termometer of a Manager's tenure being on the line or not.

Think a lot of fans are fixated in this notion that Arteta HAS to succeed here.

He might or might not, but if we're in the same position this time next season he needs to go. Can't have three seasons in a row where the football is dire and we spent most of the time on the bottom half of the table.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't get this fanbase stuff. If people were allowed in the stadium he would've been sacked and matchgoing fans are usually the more accutrate termometer of a Manager's tenure being on the line or not.

Think a lot of fans are fixated in this notion that Arteta HAS to succeed here.

He might or might not, but if we're in the same position this time next season he needs to go. Can't have three seasons in a row where the football is dire and we spent most of the time on the bottom half of the table.

This is obviously a joke...it's Sir Bobby Robson v Mikel Arteta ffs :lol:

Was hoping just to get some likes for it as I thought it was funny, sadly none have arrived...looks like I have zero ability at humor, as well as zero football knowledge :(

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This summer is gonna be crucial for Mikel, if the ins and outs aren't right (and the fans are allowed back in next season) I think he could end up being sacked.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This summer is gonna be crucial for Mikel, if the ins and outs aren't right (and the fans are allowed back in next season) I think he could end up being sacked.

What if we can’t spend?

We can’t just keep hand waving terrible performances with “he needs his players.”

We’re in a pandemic and it might be a real struggle for us to recruit.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Please, he sounded so obnoxious that he was involved in the hiring process for Director of Football.

Surely not. He doesnt have that muxh power does he? Kept on saying We a lot.

Hope Garlick fires him.

Reactions: Kav

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hes developing Tierney and Saka very nicely. Sadly many of our squad just aren't coachable, you cant coach someone like Bellerin to go forward when he doesnt have the traits to do so. Bloke can't pass well or dribble and has 0 left foot.
Lol.

Under Emery and Wenger Bellerin was one of the best RB in the league if not the best. This endless wheeling out of excuses is getting pathetic.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Only top 4 or Europa league will change my mind on Arteta tbh. I’ll hold my hands up and say fair enough - plus that’s what our last 2 managers were judged on.

This squad isn’t quite good enough for top 4 or Europa so I initially didn’t put that expectation on Arteta or the club.

However, what I’ve seen so far I’m not a believer at all - it would take something drastic for me to get off Arteta’s case.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Arteta is checkbook manager without a checkbook. The best managers are capable of getting the best out of what they have. Arteta is clearly failing at this.

Arteta hasn't proven that he's any type of manager. He hasn't even proven that he could be successful with a checkbook. These are the growing pains of a manager with 0 experience that I expected. With that, I also expect him to get better as he learns.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
What really gets me with Arteta is that we easily have a top 6 attack well capable of playing good football and create chances. I really doubt Auba, Laca, Pepe, Willian would turn to **** over night. He's shown he has learned about his use of Laca but how can we be that bad?

Finesse

It’s to early to completely state what kind of manager he is. His experiences in the management setup so far with City and the few months at Arsenal can give an idea of what he may become short and long term.

With how and what he was used to at City , he is of the deep and genuine conviction we lack certain top players to become competitive and he will need time , recycling and serious investment to challenge. He is accustomed to working with the very best players at City and practically 2 top players in every position.

Unlike a Brendan Rogers who can pick up this team and strongly believe with what we have got I am going to get the best out of them and have a proper pop at it. Yes he would bring in some players based on our budget and ability to scout the right players. But he will not be relying on time , complete recycling and big money to buy big and match the bigger clubs.

He is an intelligent man who will need a bigger budget to thrive in a big club. He needs to be properly backed because he is still lacking in the man management and shrewdness needed to deal with young players and complex characters and yet get the best out of them. Therefore it’s him the Boss and you the player. My way or no way. Means the rate of attrition will be higher in other for him to get the bunch he wants.

novar

At what point is not too early anymore? we've already seen a year and if there's any sort of identity in our game, is the worst football this club has experienced in more than 2 decades

At this point is obvious that if Arteta becomes successful then it's bad for the sport. That's how bad Artetaball is to watch, why on earth would you want more time for that?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I just hope he proves me and make me eat my words. But even I know that's impossible.

If only he's judged by the same standard as Emery and Wenger. Those two managers were practically hounded out by the media and fans despite not being as bad as this.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Next season is already a write off with the African Nations. Last season was a car crash and this season fell off a cliff.

Thats 3 seasons in a row where I think we aren’t doing anything at all.

Legend14

Established Member
Lol.

Under Emery and Wenger Bellerin was one of the best RB in the league if not the best. This endless wheeling out of excuses is getting pathetic.
Bellerin was never one of the best RB’s in the league. He was overhyped. He has never defended well and is not fast on the ball nor technical. He was known for his recovery speed. That’s it.

Top Bottom