• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

TornadoTed

Established Member
Anybody that thinks we're in this position because we haven't spent enough is not honest with themselves.

I don't have a problem with Kroenke TBH. FSG haven't invested more in Liverpool than what KSE has done in Arsenal in the past 3 years, but we've absolutely squandered hundreds of millions of pounds on dross.

That's not on the owners. It's on the board/football people at the club. Like I've often said, even if Kroenke threw a couple hundred millions more our way, we'd probably end up going for Willian, Coutinho and other expensive bums.

Wolves are where they are because they've spent well. They haven't spent more than us.

We have one of the highest net spend in the past 5 years in the PL but we're massively underperforming because we spent our money on guys like Xhaka, mustafi, Özil(contract renewal), Mkhi, Sokratis and others.

We need to be very smart. From now on, deals like Tierney, Martinelli, Leno, Saliba are what we should be doing

I think one of the biggest problems is that we were spending money without a proper structure in place behind the scenes. I am far more hopeful for the future now we have Edu in place. There has been talk that him and Mikel working closely together identifying how the squad can be improved, football men, making football decisions. Raul and Vinai can just concentrate on the money side of things, negotiating deals and making sure our commercial revenue is maximised, money men, making money decisions. That is another area of Arsenal that has been as chronically mismanaged as the squad building but that's a whole other conversation. I think it is also important that Josh is taking an interest in us, Stan has pretty much none which is just weird really, how can you have no interest in your multi billion pound investment????

We need to be very patient as fans as I don't think we will see proper improvement until 2021-2022 season. We still have the massive, massive boat anchor of Özil, the stats DNA era and the Mislintat old Dortmund bums era holding us back. I would love to see a lot of those 'mistakes' out the door this Summer but realistically I know we will have to wait until next year when a lot of contracts expire. Could have been what Mikel was hinting at when he was talking about harmony?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Luiz was determined by an urgent need for an experienced centre back after Lolo decided he didn;t want to play for Emery ever again. Not a great signing, not an awful one. Pretty much as expected. Not as good as the man he replaced was, but better than some of our other options...
He was exactly the player we didn't need. Sokratis and and Mustafi are both rash and needed someone steady, experienced and safe. Instead we got a technically gifted player who is prone to howlers, and always has been . . . getting worse the slower he becomes with age.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol if these quotes are true that’s hilarious. Someone defo pulled up on him and had a word.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Lol if these quotes are true that’s hilarious. Someone defo pulled up on him and had a word.

Could it not be seen as him trying to put pressure on them, if he's saying he has their support but then they don't back him surely it looks bad on the owners? I cannot envisage him ever publicly calling out Kroenke directly, unless he ends up having no backing at all. I don't think this is exactly a u-turn from Arteta tho. He was simply making a point that he needs more quality for the team to improve, if it was other people who decided it was an attack on the owners, Arteta never mentioned the owners/board at all just emphasised the need for more quality. In this subsequent interview he's now saying he has the full backing of the owners, who knows whether this is true or not but I think suggesting Stan rang him up or someone else and told him his comments are not on and he's now going back on what he was saying is a massive reach.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Man went from “it’s definitely a big concern” to “A message to the Kronkes what makes you think that?” :lol:

Looks like back tracking to me, those turtlenecks cutting off the blood circulation to his brain. Seems like they pulled up on him for sure (if those quotes are true).

I think Arteta needs to wake up and smell the beans and get Xhaka and pals to do their Rondo drills.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Man went from “it’s definitely a big concern” to “A message to the Kronkes what makes you think that?” :lol:

Looks like back tracking to me, those turtlenecks cutting off the blood circulation to his brain. Seems like they pulled up on him for sure (if those quotes are true).

I think Arteta needs to wake up and smell the beans and get Xhaka and pals to do their Rondo drills.

Not everything they converse about revolves around money you know.

He's worried by funds (due to Covid 19 and the effect its had) but also has a clear route of communication to the owners, which is how it should be. Talk about reading too much into something lol.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I think one of the biggest problems is that we were spending money without a proper structure in place behind the scenes. I am far more hopeful for the future now we have Edu in place. There has been talk that him and Mikel working closely together identifying how the squad can be improved, football men, making football decisions. Raul and Vinai can just concentrate on the money side of things, negotiating deals and making sure our commercial revenue is maximised, money men, making money decisions. That is another area of Arsenal that has been as chronically mismanaged as the squad building but that's a whole other conversation. I think it is also important that Josh is taking an interest in us, Stan has pretty much none which is just weird really, how can you have no interest in your multi billion pound investment????

We need to be very patient as fans as I don't think we will see proper improvement until 2021-2022 season. We still have the massive, massive boat anchor of Özil, the stats DNA era and the Mislintat old Dortmund bums era holding us back. I would love to see a lot of those 'mistakes' out the door this Summer but realistically I know we will have to wait until next year when a lot of contracts expire. Could have been what Mikel was hinting at when he was talking about harmony?
With the likes of Luiz, Sokratis, Torreira, Guendouzi, Lichsteiner, Mari, Cedric our fans are going to have to be very patient. There's more 'mistakes' coming than going. It's all gone very 'meh', more like Southampton level than a top 4 contender.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
With the likes of Luiz, Sokratis, Torreira, Guendouzi, Lichsteiner, Mari, Cedric our fans are going to have to be very patient. There's more 'mistakes' coming than going. It's all gone very 'meh', more like Southampton level than a top 4 contender.

What's this slander against Torreira about. He was excellent before Emery started putting him in the 10, gives 110% when he's on the pitch rarely puts a foot wrong.

We've hardly seen Mari and Cedric play, when Cedric has played he's looked good he's only meant to be backup after all.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Not everything they converse about revolves around money you know.

He's worried by funds (due to Covid 19 and the effect its had) but also has a clear route of communication to the owners, which is how it should be. Talk about reading too much into something lol.
Yeah.
Sham 69 were meant to be playing Islington Assembly Hall tonight, and Stan phoned Mikel and was probably just making 100% sure that the gig had been cancelled, before the family all came over for the show.
**** all else on tonight in London anyway.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Must be just me who found that hilarious then.
Hilarious is not the word I would use.
Worrisome, awkward, distressing, disconcerting, troubling maybe.

No, you were right, it's ****ing hilarious.
tnDh7yc.png

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What's this slander against Torreira about. He was excellent before Emery started putting him in the 10, gives 110% when he's on the pitch rarely puts a foot wrong.

We've hardly seen Mari and Cedric play, when Cedric has played he's looked good he's only meant to be backup after all.

I think the argument here is that all those players are nothing more than backup options. Whilst, the first eleven is crying out for more quality. We have too many bang average players.

We need to add top quality to the team, but how do you do that when you have no money? We can't keep signing backup players.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think the argument here is that all those players are nothing more than backup options. Whilst, the first eleven is crying out for more quality. We have too many bang average players.

We need to add top quality to the team, but how do you do that when you have no money? We can't keep signing backup players.

We will have adequate money if we make EL. Recruitment has to be perfect.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

Torreira had a good start to his career here and a few games where maybe he could be described as excellent, Tottenham at home included. I don`t get the myth however that Torreira was excellent until Emery had this absurd idea of playing him as a number ten. He showed major flaws long before that even when played in his prefered position. I still remember him having 12 touches away to Valencia or Napoli.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He’s not good. Started well and was key to our good run but has fallen off.
Injuries and rumours of being unsettled constantly surfacing - I don’t see what everyone sees tbh.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Back up players . . . yes, we're getting plenty of those.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Back up players . . . yes, we're getting plenty of those.

You also need those, thats the point. Torreira wasn't purchased as a back up player nor do I think he has the quality to just be back up which he's proven many times.

Over the windows with the players you've just mentioned we have signed starters and backup players.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Why would I do that? I’m not interested in Emery his targets in hindsight wouldn’t have helped us,

Macquire expensive
Zaha for his numbers expensive
Fabinho been injured

They wouldn’t have helped us anyways and you’ve completely missed my point.
Apparently Emery also wanted N'Zonzi in his first summmer and had to be convinced to get Torreira instead. Wonder what impact that would've had, if any.

Top Bottom