• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think he has coached this caution into our players which kind of worries me a bit.

Even natural flair players like Ceballos are playing very safety first these days and I’ve noticed we tend to ignore some fantastic runs in behind. Just gotta watch this space I guess.

*bleep*

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It has nothing to do with the formation. It's all about intent to attack and bravery. When your manager is screaming at you to keep the ball, it makes you reserved. Even Saka played first time passes backwards repeatedly tonight.
It's nice to have the ball because we love have at least 60% of game every time but it's just a waste having that while only creating 10 shots a game i hope Arteta give players more freedom i think the formation play big part 3-4-3 heavily depend on wingbacks until Bellerin came on we become better.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Great strikers score a lot of tap ins and if we play Auba on the left it logically means we should be building a lot more from the right than we currently do.

I’ve long said that while Bellerin isn’t Cafu, he’s a very decent RB. His timing of runs and overlaps are generally very good and you could say his movement forced Elneny to make that pass which resulted in the easy tap in for Auba. Need more balanced build up play and more off ball movement and we’ll start to look a lot better.

Kysus

A bit worrying that our offensive problems do not get better. Despite an immense Partey and Gabriel this was the first game I had the urge to fast forward at times.

We never go trough the centre and leave Laca totally isolated there. Like last season we do not move into the pockets of space behind the opposing midfield. NEVER. IT HURTS TO WATCH.
That automatic pass to the left, where half of the opponents' team is already camped because they know we are only trying to create there, is getting frustrating.

Why is there no variation?So we start with a loop-sided formation(Saka and Nketiah in attack + Kola behind) to have a possible overload there. I understand. But once the opponent adjusts you have to readjust, keep them guessing.
We are so predictable.

If we are not moving another player closer to Laca we will never create a lot.

We have 3 wide players on the left(including fullback), 2 on the right.
2 deeper CM and one striker alone in the centre. Hmmm??

Not understand of being insist of playing 343 specially against weak teams we already a team who struggled to create anything playing 343 against teams who defend deep it'll only make things difficult.

That was not a back 3 today

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think he has coached this caution into our players which kind of worries me a bit.

Even natural flair players like Ceballos are playing very safety first these days and I’ve noticed we tend to ignore some fantastic runs in behind. Just gotta watch this space I guess.

*bleep*
Yeah I been saying this for a while when people were saying he had to be defensive vs Liverpool and Man City and they thought suddenly against weaker teams we will change. He has changed our whole style to cautious style which means this is how we train and prepare for matches. This means the flair is being coached out of the team and even against weak teams like today we won’t look different. He is more defensive than emery which is crazy

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A bit worrying that our offensive problems do not get better. Despite an immense Partey and Gabriel this was the first game I had the urge to fast forward at times.

We never go trough the centre and leave Laca totally isolated there. Like last season we do not move into the pockets of space behind the opposing midfield. NEVER. IT HURTS TO WATCH.
That automatic pass to the left, where half of the opponents' team is already camped because they know we are only trying to create there, is getting frustrating.

Why is they no variation?So we start with a loop-sided formation(Saka and Nketiah in attack + Kola behind) to have a possible overload there. I understand. But once the opponent adjusts you have to readjust, keep them guessing.
We are so predictable.

If we are not moving another player closer to Laca we will never create a lot.

We have 3 wide players on the left(including fullback), 2 on the right.
2 deeper CM and one striker alone in the centre. Hmmm??

That was not a back 3 today
Its change when we attack to 433 saka becomes LCM and Kola go LB Arteta try to make us fluid but that'll need 11 quality players to do that and could take time

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah I been saying this for a while when people were saying he had to be defensive vs Liverpool and Man City and they thought suddenly against weaker teams we will change. He has changed our whole style to cautious style which means this is how we train and prepare for matches. This means the flair is being coached out of the team and even against weak teams like today we won’t look different. He is more defensive than emery which is crazy
Definitely no where near being Arteta out though.

He's shown that his ceiling as a manager is very high, and has pulled off some impressive victories. So will give him time.

I've seen teams like Liverpool and City who you knew had no issues going forward and just needed to sort out their defence which I've been conditioned to think is the way to go. Maybe you can sort the defence first and then become better going forwards? Somebody mentioned that Monaco did that before they won the title a few years back.

ArtetaOut

Another ****ty performance with non-stop backwards and sideways passing from Mikel "the new Arrigo Sacchi" Arteta. He has no balls to play positive football against any team.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Great strikers score a lot of tap ins and if we play Auba on the left it logically means we should be building a lot more from the right than we currently do.

I’ve long said that while Bellerin isn’t Cafu, he’s a very decent RB. His timing of runs and overlaps are generally very good and you could say his movement forced Elneny to make that pass which resulted in the easy tap in for Auba. Need more balanced build up play and more off ball movement and we’ll start to look a lot better.

Spot on! I remember when Bellerin was at his best, when he was making crazy runs and had Theo in front of him running in behind while Özil would feed passes and Alexis would come into the box from the LW. Miss those days! We destroyed United at home that season in the first 10 minutes of the game lol they had no idea what hit them.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
its a genius strategy. If you dont attack you dont get counterattacked. Who knew the solution was so simple

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Our attack suffers because Laca and Pepe are not good enough. Simple as.
Not good enough to hurt rapid bloody Vienna? These players are better going forward than they have shown? No one is demanding prime Barca football. But some sort of cohesive attacking play against poor teams would be the least we demand. And that’s on Arteta

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Almost starting to think we could do with Özil (yes, yes I know the ship has sailed). Even at his strolling pace he finds pockets of space to keep the team ticking. Who else can do that in our team? I'm thinking ESR and Saka, that's about it.

I'm fully backing Arteta and giving him time, but I'm looking for signs he's going for a more positive playstyle. There is a reason I became an Arsenal fan and not a Sheffield fan.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Almost starting to think we could do with Özil (yes, yes I know the ship has sailed). Even at his strolling pace he finds pockets of space to keep the team ticking. Who else can do that in our team? I'm thinking ESR and Saka, that's about it.

I'm fully backing Arteta and giving him time, but I'm looking for signs he's going for a more positive playstyle. There is a reason I became an Arsenal fan and not a Sheffield fan.
It's only ESR and Özil, and neither will play this season. Saka does some good stuff, but his first touch is not what it should be for that role.
I think our best chance for this season is that we give Ceballos a chance in a more advanced role, let's say for 5 games, and see how that goes. Xhaka and Partey will do fine behind him, but we desperately need someone who can take the ball in an advanced position

Gunners1616

How many years have we prayed for some defensive stability?
Every Monday been laughed at by every team for our defensive shambles.
It's a process. Let's get the basics right first.
Be patient.
Yeah but it's not because we master the defending by playing 5 at the back that we'll be doing it better when we revert back to 4 at the back.

Remember the game against Watford ? When we played 4 at the back it was wide open everywhere in the defense and midfield. Its better to change the system now and learn again how to perform without playing 5 at the back.

Last edited:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I like how he solidified us defensively, especially as the team is delivering results on the pitch.

People who expect wengerball or tiki taka football are living in the past. The game has became all about min maxing your physical attributes while executing rigid patterns of play. It's not easy on the eye but that's the way the game is evolving to.

Top Bottom