<

Mikel Arteta: Taking The Mik

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

?

Do you believe Arteta will turn it around?

1. Yes, I still have 100% faith in him

11.5%
  2. Yes, but my confidence in him has decreased this season

24.4%
  3. No, he should go imminently

39.1%
  4. No, but he should stay on until his position becomes untenable

16.0%
  5. Give him the rest of the season no matter what

9.0%
  1. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

you can bring the bumsquad to water but you cant make them drink it

Makingtrax likes this.
  2. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Planes, Trains & Social Media Rants

Yet despite all that, our position in the amount of investment put in by the club into the squad of players has been the same for the last 5 years. And it's not going to change anytime soon with Kronke on board, particularly now we're out of CL football and ballsing up rubbish long term contracts for old players.
    https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/arsenals-true-spending-position-there-is-no-top-6.34577/.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  3. Makingtrax

They did but look how they were treated.

Poch had the 6th most expensive squad and he amazingly over performed to finish 5th, 3rd,2nd, 3rd, 4th. In 208/19 when he looked like he would finish a little lower he was sacked. The board understood nothing about how football works. No manager can sustain top 4 without top 4 investment.

Wengers case was similar, the most he had was the 5th most expensive squad and he finished 4th, 3rd, 2nd, before the fans in frustration campaigned to remove him. Then he only dropped to 5th before they became apoplectic.

There is no understanding of football even amongst all those so called experts, pundits and most fans.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    kash2 and GoonerJay24 like this.
  4. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

[​IMG]

Our attack is too blunt. Our strikers are isolated too often. It is too easy to force us wide. Seeing this kind of pass map is as painful as seeing real thing on the pitch. Arteta needs to find internal solutions asap.

kash2 likes this.
  5. AmsterdamGunner

AmsterdamGunner Active Member

U23 playing 3-4-3/5-2-3 as well, for the second time in a row. This is our formation to stay i’afraid, i don’t think Arteta is planning to change to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or any other formation that will bring in three players in central midfield.

6. Makingtrax

Lacazette incredibly isolated, Pepe the only one prepared to take players on, no penetration in crucial areas. And this was against a pretty mediocre side.

7. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Interesting, similarities between the way we try to create chances and Leipzig. As pointed it, this is pretty complex stuff which requires time to perfect fully to the point where it's automatic. Also quality and good movement be important and you question if a few of the players have enough about them to be fully useful.

Trilly and Makingtrax like this.
  8. Tir Na Nog

The first clip shows just how frustrating Lacazette is. Look at the runners ahead and the options yet he can't find any of them.

9. Makingtrax

Yeah he delays too long for the Saka pass. Difficult for him though, that pass map shows he's left out of the game for long periods.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  10. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Yeah it’s a knock on effect I think. The more isolated our attackers the less sharp they’re going to be on the ball.

Everything is a mess atm but I feel like it’s something that could just click.

DanDare and Makingtrax like this.
  11. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Haven't we spent more than United in the past two summers :lol::lol::lol:

And they spent 80m on a fridge. More top posting from you Gagan.

12. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Surely not. They spent 130m on Maguire and AWB. Fernandes, Van Der Beek and others have came in since.

Makingtrax and kash2 like this.
  13. HairSprayGooners

In fairness upon closer inspection the spend from United is around £250M and we've spent £ £230M in the past two summers.

Still, cant use the excuse that we haven't spend money which many people turn to in times like this to back agendas.

14. Makingtrax

:lol::lol::lol:
    We're a country mile behind their spending.

[​IMG]

kash2 likes this.
  15. HairSprayGooners

They've spent that in the past two summers? Do you ever read things properly? Specifically said past two summers. Couldn't care less if they signed Di Maria for £60M which would be included in that spend you've posted. Not even at the club ffs.

16. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Agree. It's definitely a myth that we haven't spent. Aubameyang and Lacazette is over 105m worth of striker and we tried to fix our spine with 65m of Mustafi and Xhaka!

Jury is out on Pepe, but I think we've spent well the last 2 summers.

TakeChillPill likes this.
  17. HairSprayGooners

Compare that to the £70M we've spent on actually fixing the spine with Partey and Gabriel. Overall poor decisions we made in previous leaderships but Arteta and Edu have made incredible decisions so far. Its a journey and I'm not being negative until I have a reason to be.

Dj_sds - and Macho like this.
  18. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

past two years the good buys are pepe, Leno, gabriel and partey .. none of them world class / proven players.

Makingtrax likes this.
  19. Tir Na Nog

Right well since the Özil thread is closed, here's another perspective from an anonymous manager.

20. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Bet it's Brendan

Tir Na Nog likes this.