• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah just read the presser, he's seriously begging to be backed, cause of concern in my opinion.

Yup, he sugar coats it at the end to make it go down softer, but he's exposing this as much as he can or is allowed to.

Emery and the whole Zaha/Pepe thing is also a red flag. I understand why the club chose Pepe, but this is the whole Gazidis/Head coach thing all over again.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Well it's good that he's not just keeping his head down. In an ideal world we have Arteta publicly challenge the club to back him and they do and things start to improve. In another world he publicly challenges them to back him, they don't, cos we're stingy bastards, he leaves and we continue on this long path to obscurity.

It's not like the club can't find other coaches who'll agree to low budgets, plenty of sh*t coaches out there who'd jump at the chance to coach Arsenal even if we're ****. Then before you know it we're midtable with **** players and a **** coach and it's all ****ed.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We're not doing a Liverpool. Forget about the Coutinho money even, their general sales the last few years have been astonishing, bordering on criminal. Like seriously 19m for Ryan Kent and Danny Ward, two players I have never heard of. 16m for Jordan Ibe, literally never seen him kick a ball. Over 50m for Benteke and Sakho. That's some money laundering type sh*t.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We have limited spending so whining about throwing £70m on one forward when our defence was poverty seems legitimate to me.

We know why other clubs with less money are doing better than us, they have more rounded squads. None of those teams you mention have built up a log jam of useless CBs.
as I've always said. spending money is useless if spent on the wrong players. And top managers make the difference when all the top teams spend the same.

Money only gets you so far as seen by Aston Villa, West Ham and Everton.

Shalmaneser V

I know this is a pointless question now. But i still can`t understand why in the hell the board went for Emery as a replacement for Wenger back in 2018. It still frustrates me.

We could have gotten managers like Tuchel, Enrique, Rodgers, Allegri or even Simeone.

Considering Simeone’s loyalty to Atletico I doubt he’d have joined us.

Tuchel could have been a good fit but PSG and their oil money got in there first.

Allegri and Enrique wanted too much money.

As for Rodgers, is he world class?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Arteta is more naive than I thought if he thought they brought him here to spend hundreds of mils to compete.

I'd have taken Rodgers myself - not my first choice but get us into top 4? no problem.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
His comments on City and FFP are disgusting.

Wait what? Did you expect him to stab Pep in the back? The other option would have made him a hypocritical snake. (He benefited from City’s policies as much as anyone) Not really any better.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wasn't there a stat saying that we are 3rd or 4th since Arteta took over, yet we could still finish 14th this season if all goes wrong...think that shows ya how bad Emery's last 6 months were and what Mikel is having to work from :lol:

Arteta is doing a lot of the little things well with the team he has atm, unfortunately the big things keep going wrong for him as many of our players just aren't good enough.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Agreed, he was obviously going to diplomatic and it`s fair enough to say that they deserve it for what they did on the pitch, but the part about deserving it for what they did off the pitch was very poor from Arteta.
Especially when Pep has come out and said Arsenal, Liverpool and United should be sorry.

Arteta will be off to City first chance he gets, greasy bum.

Joestlaachmkr

Considering Simeone’s loyalty to Atletico I doubt he’d have joined us.

Tuchel could have been a good fit but PSG and their oil money got in there first.

Allegri and Enrique wanted too much money.

As for Rodgers, is he world class?
Yeah, i know Simeone would have been a unlikely candidate. But i def think we could have gotten someone like Tuchel or Rodgers in 2018.

Brendan Rodgers is in an underrated manager in my opinion, though he is not on the same level as Pep or Klopp.

Anyway, Emery was a disaster rom day 1. And i`m not convinced about Arteta either, but he deserves more time to prove his worth.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I know this is a pointless question now. But i still can`t understand why in the hell the board went for Emery as a replacement for Wenger back in 2018. It still frustrates me.

We could have gotten managers like Tuchel, Enrique, Rodgers, Allegri or even Simeone.
We got Emery when we should have gotten Ronchi. We blamed Wenger when we should have lamented Dein's absence.

You need smart transfer market play. It's the squad that matters. We are lucky the academy lads keep our squad competitive.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I thought Emery was good before he came here I wasn’t mad at the appointment.
He was on the ascension before PSG mocked him really.

He was the safer option, a lot of reports seem to suggest Arteta was always the front runner. I was pretty p*ssed.

I think Wenger to Arteta may have been too much for the fanbase at the time. Emery f*cking up is a big part of Arteta’s appeal.

Joestlaachmkr

I thought Emery was good before he came here I wasn’t mad at the appointment.
He was on the ascension before PSG mocked him really.

He was the safer option, a lot of reports seem to suggest Arteta was always the front runner. I was pretty p*ssed.

I think Wenger to Arteta may have been too much for the fanbase at the time. Emery f*cking up is a big part of Arteta’s appeal.
I was totally surprised - and dissapointed once it became clear that it was Emery who would replace Wenger, and i didn`t have too high expectations to be honest.

There were lots of great managers available at the time.

Honestly, i would rather have taken an outsider like Eddie Howe instead of Emery.

Anyway, this is now history. Done is done.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom