• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Continued from the above:

Good that he's firing the shots, but the skeptic in me also thinks this is hugely convenient on the back of the Tottenham game and seeing we have Liverpool and City before sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta begging for some financial backing.

Stan Kroenke...

giphy.gif

...the fact Arteta is talking about it so much, means he knows he ain't getting it :lol:

Manberg

Predator
He spoke about it before. He doesn’t just want money he wants clear communication between himself and the board.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we can't keep him happy, a guy who's first managerial job is here at The Emirates, then what message is that going to send the rest of the world.

"Arsenal are now a mid table club"

Manberg

Predator
To do what Liverpool did we’d have to sell our two best players for £65m and £120m then use that money on a world class centre back and a holding mid.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Arteta begging for investment clearly tells he’s been told no money for transfers. Pretty sure he is regretting the decision to come here.

We are royally screwed.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

When a manager is speaking openly like this then it suggests something is wrong behind the scenes.
Lol he’s realised he’s not a miracle worker and coaching won’t fix what he’s got.

He actually thought he was gonna come here and buy players lol he’s screwed and it’s dawning on him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not buying it.

Look I’m not denying that we could easily upgrade on those three calamities. But in the last 10 years we’ve also had Vermaelen, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Senderos, Squillaci etc and we still regularly lost these games in the same manner. With the above mentioned making similar errors. For me the main issue is not personnel but the culture that has uprooted at the club.

Yes we need more talented defenders but until you get the leadership, mentality, organisation, preparation and a proper footballing philosophy right, we’re still going to come up short regardless of which defenders we recruit.

It's a bit chicken and egg. Buy a couple of top defenders and they're top because they have these attributes

Shalmaneser V

It's a bit chicken and egg. Buy a couple of top defenders and they're top because they have these attributes

Here’s what I’m talking about:

““It would be too simplistic to say that the more things change at Arsenal the more they stay the same. There are signs of improvement in Arteta's team. Nevertheless, deep-rooted and fundamental flaws continue to hold them back.””

“”It's not just an issue with the back four or back five at Arsenal, either. It wasn't under Unai Emery and it wasn't under Arsène Wenger. No, Arsenal are a club at which the ugly stuff has come too hard to everybody for a long time. It has become a cultural thing and as such is hard to unpick.

Manchester City and Liverpool, for example, defend front to back. At Arsenal, too few people really want to do it - the front three certainly don't - and the ones who do are not particularly good at it.””

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Arsenal-Mikel-Arteta-flaws-holding-back.html

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Here’s what I’m talking about:

““It would be too simplistic to say that the more things change at Arsenal the more they stay the same. There are signs of improvement in Arteta's team. Nevertheless, deep-rooted and fundamental flaws continue to hold them back.””

“”It's not just an issue with the back four or back five at Arsenal, either. It wasn't under Unai Emery and it wasn't under Arsène Wenger. No, Arsenal are a club at which the ugly stuff has come too hard to everybody for a long time. It has become a cultural thing and as such is hard to unpick.

Manchester City and Liverpool, for example, defend front to back. At Arsenal, too few people really want to do it - the front three certainly don't - and the ones who do are not particularly good at it.””

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Arsenal-Mikel-Arteta-flaws-holding-back.html

Yeah no doubt its a persisting issue. Arteta has shown he really wants to change it so the willing is there from the top, it's then up to them to bin the people not committed (Arteta has talked about this slot) and buying players who will be.

Ashybashy86

To do what Liverpool did we’d have to sell our two best players for £65m and £120m then use that money on a world class centre back and a holding mid.
Problem with that is no club is giving us those amounts for who I assume, are Laca and Auba respectively. Not in these times.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Problem with that is no club is giving us those amounts for who I assume, are Laca and Auba respectively. Not in these times.
Surely Mesut Özil is Top Player at The Arsenal. He's insisted he is ready for Liverpool. I say let him prove his worth by destroying the League Champions tonight and then accept offers round the £200M mark and rebuild the whole team.

*turnsoffPS4*

Do what?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Klopp the most recent manager to rate Arteta and say we'll be challenging soon.

Are they just being nice or what?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Not necessarily. You've got to think it took Klopp 6 windows (3 summer and 3 winter) to get the players he wanted and the players that would work in his own system.

Klopp signed Robertson, Ox, Salah, Van Dijk, Alisson, Shaqiri, Fabinho and Keita in pretty much one year. From the 22nd of June when he signed Salah, to July 18th when Alisson was signed in 2018.

In his first summer Mane and Wijnaldum were the major signings. So in two years he highlighted exactly what he needed and 7 out of his 10 money signings are in his main starting 11 that have won the league and CL.

In just one year Klopp spent £326M and in that same year sold around £200M worth of players. Coutinho being the biggest sale of course. Coutinho money pretty much went on VVD.

Arteta has a better base to work from in terms of youngsters and depth than Klopp originally did.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom