• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Might be old news but FourFourTwo are saying Bergkamp wants to come back and coach. Make it happen Mikel I'd feel much happier just seeing him in training photos again

scytheavatar

Established Member
Arteta has just been with Pep and City for four years, winning 2 titles and numerous cups. As you say, he knows what mentality and quality you need to compete at the top, we couldn’t have brought in a better person when it comes to that.

Yeah the mentality and quality you need to compete at the top with City is simple: $$$$$$$$. Which is something we do not have. Our goal now isn't to "compete at the top", our goal is to get close to the top first which requires a very different mentality and quality.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Might be old news but FourFourTwo are saying Bergkamp wants to come back and coach. Make it happen Mikel I'd feel much happier just seeing him in training photos again

Bergkamp was board room cancer and almost destroyed Ajax, you will not want him to come within 1 foot of this club again.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Bergkamp was board room cancer and almost destroyed Ajax, you will not want him to come within 1 foot of this club again.
Oh yeah? Where could I see more on this

First I heard, Bergkamp coach sounded good.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
But technique is taboo at Arsenal these days. Not sure he'd be allowed.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Here for example

Here in English
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-sack-Dennis-Bergkamp-difference-opinion.html

Although I would love DB to come to The Arsenal I'm not sure if his flying phobia wouldn't disrupt the team.
He certainly couldn't fly out to the European away games, or even to such far-flung footballing outposts such as Norwich!
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...d-for-taking-14-minute-flight-to-Norwich.html

EinmalImmerEwig

There's also a reddit link where an Ajax fan says this

Ajax fan here.

The general feeling about him leaving amongst Ajax fans is relief and approval. He has been a source of unrest and friction within the staff for years now. Bergkamp and Spijkerman were the reason Bosz didn't want to stay after our last season, even if BVB wouldn't have offered him that job.

Every Ajax fan still loves him for the legend of a player he was. But in a managerial role he was just way too much trouble. Socially not the most gifted guy.
Not sure but are we allowed to link to reddit, Mods?
If not, sorry, remove it.

****ing link doesn't work anyway

Last edited:

EinmalImmerEwig

Hi mate unfortunately we’re very strict on links to reddit so please could you remove this as soon as possible.

Thank you - The Mod Team
The Mod Team :lol:

Now what's the policy on live cams

There's a bint on a site with the most gorgeous tits you've ever seen, and she's got them out, right now

Allowed or not?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Bergkamp is probably a bit like Henry as a coach, probably just expects players to be as good/committed as he was.

Dennis might even be worse than Thierry, as at least Henry has an outgoing personality while Bergkamp seems a bit of a loner in comparison...get the feeling Dennis wouldn't even pretend to like you, he would just immediately tell you to **** off :lol:
He was quite the joker back in the day apparently. Very funny.
Cause of his stature though hard to tell if people were genuine or sucking up when describing him. Apparently he was very honest with dark sense of humour though.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Heard a lot of negative whispers about DB10, but none from any sources more credible than 'some bloke on a forum or social media', and when Ajax sacked him it was alongside the manager and others.

I have no idea how a good a coach he is, but I'd want more than some bloke in t'internet to decide he's no good.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bergkamp the player was good enough to tolerate his phobia

Not sure Bergkamp the coach is

EinmalImmerEwig

Heard a lot of negative whispers about DB10, but none from any sources more credible than 'some bloke on a forum or social media', and when Ajax sacked him it was alongside the manager and others.

I have no idea how a good a coach he is, but I'd want more than some bloke in t'internet to decide he's no good.
Unfortunately it was more than "some bloke".
When Ajax sacked him they spoke of 'a difference of opinion about the technical policy to be implemented', which they didn't do with Keizer and Spijkerman, who were sacked at the same time.
Now of course DB's opinion might have been "the right one", but to sack a Club Legend and give that reasoning?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All the best Arsenal managers finished in the top 4 in their first season. Wenger, Chapman, Graham.

This isn't Arteta's first season though, he's just trying to clean up after Emery's miserable 2nd season. Next year we'll see what he's about. Got a good feeling, if he can work hard offloading the dross and deliver his own style.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom