• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Manberg

Predator
Really dont' think there is any issue between Areta and Özil at all. This is a club vs Özil thing and Arteta has to be united with the rest of the club management.

That is probably so. But going by Arteta’s PC comments, he’s taking full responsibility for the decision to keep Özil out of the team. Arteta’s essentially asking fans to blame him for it, and hasn’t deflected anything on the board.

blaze_of_glory

That is probably so. But going by Arteta’s PC comments, he’s taking full responsibility for the decision to keep Özil out of the team. Arteta’s essentially asking fans to blame him for it, and hasn’t deflected anything on the board.
He's smart, he knows he has a lot more grace with the fans than the board does.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta:

"I am not angry [about speculation the board influence who to select] because probably they need to clarify this situation and I understand I am here to respond to your question, but I don't want to hide behind anyone at the club, the ownership."

He's put his neck out for the board.. I hope the board supports him fully now.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Really dont' think there is any issue between Areta and Özil at all. This is a club vs Özil thing and Arteta has to be united with the rest of the club management.
That's why the club hasn't commented about Özil at all.
Whatever Arteta/Edu/Vinai says the Özil b*m boys will keep believing their own agenda, you just can't win here.

Wryer

Hate the unnecessary negativity that is surrounding the club despite the good start Arteta has had. People and the press are on his back for issues that are absolutely not his mandate. And that irritates the hell out of me.

Özil's banishment
Retrenchment
Gunnersaurus
Kia's shady transfers
Raul's exit and general management level uncertainty
The owners' mysterious cash injection to fund Partey
The Saliba mess

All these are just taking away the good stuffs that Arteta and the players are doing. All these during the hardest 9 months a common man would faced in the last 10-12 years.

What happened to the pristine, class-above, victory in harmony Arsenal that I have supported for the last 2.5 decades?

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member

Arteta made it clear it is his choice and he has been a straight shooter that does not compromise on his non-negotiables. Guys like Guendouzi has been told to get the **** out if they don't get on the program. Yet according to some fans this is not an Arteta vs Özil issue..........

blrgooner

Established Member
Arteta placing himself in the firing line regarding the Özil situation is something which fills me with confidence. He must be confident in his own ability to do well and make the fans happy in the future if he’s so willing to face the wrath of sections of the fanbase in the short term, as a result of it all. I’ve no concerns.
Yes. It was so fascinating. He pretty much said that football and results are his responsibility and his alone. This was a bigger and a more general statement than required in the context of Özil but it clearly shows that he is ready to take responsibility.
He seems to be to be exactly opposite of Mourinho in this respect. Mourinho has always been "I take credit when I win, pass on the blame when I lose to someone else".

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is becoming too much of a chore. I'll probably slowly stop following this if/when Arteta leaves.

Unless we go back to our old attacking style.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well, this is a rather facile argument, because what manager spent 15 years at a net spend fifth club wages third-fourth club? Wenger's situation was entirely unique in the premier and in all of football, any other club of that expectations sacks him long before he finishes those 15 years.

When you look around football, and see what Simeone, Klopp, etc. did in developing projects under similar adverse financial circumstances (or much worse, in the case of Simeone), you see what a real top manager can do with a real proper project at a club like this.

Unfortunately Wenger just wasn't that in the last 5-10 years of his reign. Doesn't take away from the love we should all have for him, the visionary he was in his earlier era here, and the lovely man he is.
The only thing unique about Wenger's situation is that he still got top 4 even though he was spending bottom half of the table between 2005 and 2013, then the highest he achieved was 5th in the squad spend.

Atletico were spending 3rd in their league and their finishes since Simeone at 5,3,1,3,3,3,2,2,3 are about what you's expect.

And Klopp in Germany was at the 2nd richest club and finished 6,5,1,1,2,7 with 3 serious outliers there.

• Wenger 3,1,2,2,2,1,2,1,2 when he had money
  • Wenger during stadium build, bottom half of the table spend, 4,4,3,4,3,4,3,4, . . remarkable
  • Wenger moving up to spending 5th in the league 4,3,2
Phenominal stuff. Then we all know what happened when the fans tried to take him out 5,6

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The only thing unique about Wenger's situation is that he still got top 4 even though he was spending bottom half of the table between 2005 and 2013, then the highest he achieved was 5th in the squad spend.

Atletico were spending 3rd in their league and their finishes since Simeone at 5,3,1,3,3,3,2,2,3 are about what you's expect.

And Klopp in Germany was at the 2nd richest club and finished 6,5,1,1,2,7 with 3 serious outliers there.

• Wenger 3,1,2,2,2,1,2,1,2 when he had money
  • Wenger during stadium build, bottom half of the table spend, 4,4,3,4,3,4,3,4, . . remarkable
  • Wenger moving up to spending 5th in the league 4,3,2
Phenominal stuff. Then we all know what happened when the fans tried to take him out 5,6
What about Poch at Sp**s? Or Leciester when they won the league + in recent seasons, or even Wolves. I'm curious if they outdid their net spend rank.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Wenger had non negotiables maybe he would’ve won more?

But Wenger was a money grabbing, soft, relaxed, lazy, idealistic manager, that’s why he’s not a legend.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Why are people talking about conspiracies about the Özil news? And saying Arteta is covering for the board?

This is simply Arsenal being pragmatic, after failing selling enough non homegrown players last summer.
A choice had to be made, and Arteta decided to cut the 2 players whose contract gonna end next summer, and who weren't playing a main part in his plans by the end of last season already.

I don't know why people are making it so personal and making it a drama Club or Arteta vs Özil thing.
This is just business and the wisest choice has been made.
Partey and Willian took Guendouzi & Özil's spots in our non HG players, and Gabriel took Sokratis' spot.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We’ve got a strong manager here at last. Every shyster in the squad must be bricking it. If you want to play for Arsenal, you’ll be made to show it every day. So proud of Mikel in such a short space of time.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom