• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Okay. Was just a weird post, because you said we are not normal persons if we rate Arteta now that some people praise him so much. :lol:
I said the normal reaction of any person reading stuff like that about someone else is to be wary of the article and person.

Wasn't about Arteta, neither my nor the original post.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I said the normal reaction of any person reading stuff like that about someone else is to be wary of the article and person.

Wasn't about Arteta, neither my nor the original post.
Hmm, okay.

I rate Arteta even if he is "blatantly canonised" by journalists, so I'm not a normal person according to you.

Why does it read like this, if you didn't mean it like that at all?

Is this gas lighting or don't I understand basic English at all anymore?
No normal person rates someone who's being so blatantly canonised.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Hmm, okay.

I rate Arteta even if he is "blatantly canonised" by journalists, so I'm not a normal person according to you.

Why does it read like this, if you didn't mean it like that at all?

Is this gas lighting or don't I understand basic English at all anymore?
There's not a single instance of Arteta in that sentence. You don't understand basic English.

Nobody thinks you're a normal person either.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
One of the more interesting things with Arteta's side to me is the value he puts on things like size, physicality and set piece abilities.

Of course he's learned from Pep but you can see the Moyes influence at times also.

As much as there's a high value placed on technical ability there is also a fair bit of old fashioned English style football philosophies with Arteta, just modernised. I quite enjoy that.

Having a big, physically imposing side is always good, it was one of the hallmarks of the best Arsène sides too.

drippin

There's not a single instance of Arteta in that sentence. You don't understand basic English.

Nobody thinks you're a normal person either.
"someone who's being so blatantly canonised."

Who exactly did you mean is "canonised" then if not Arteta? Is the journalist being canonised? Of course not, they "canonise" Arteta according to you.

Man some people here are weird with their posting. Then others come and clap their hands to this kind of posting.

But yeah, gas lighting it is.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta luck that the Athletic exists in current times!

What if Wenger would have had similar articles written about him. I wonder what your reaction would be like?

Could it be that you would absolutely love those articles, and print them for your house as wallpaper?
“People who worked with him felt . . “, “People who worked with him point out . . “ Lol. If this was real they would quote specific people properly. And, “he’s learnt key element of Guardiola but he’s to too hard working to mimic him”. It doesn’t make any sense.

Arteta doesn’t need sycophantic puff pieces like this written about him. He needs to do his talking through his trophies. He could win two big ones this year. Let’s see if his ‘shatterproof mentality’ can get him over the line this time around.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
One of the more interesting things with Arteta's side to me is the value he puts on things like size, physicality and set piece abilities.

Of course he's learned from Pep but you can see the Moyes influence at times also.

As much as there's a high value placed on technical ability there is also a fair bit of old fashioned English style football philosophies with Arteta, just modernised. I quite enjoy that.

Having a big, physically imposing side is always good, it was one of the hallmarks of the best Arsène sides too.

I saw an article saying Arteta is making Arsenal physically bigger. Havertz is 6'3, Rice 6'1, Kiwor 6-3 which is huge for a player playing as a fullback. Add that to our other tall players like Saliba 6'5 and Gabriel 6'3 and there's no surprise that were so strong at set piece

He's also buying players that are beasts off the ball and getting box to box in Rice and Havertz. That makes us much harder to score against because they get back quicker and makes us better in transition. People point to Rice's excellent defensive game but Havertz is bullying the opposition in duels

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I saw an article saying Arteta is making Arsenal physically bigger. Havertz is 6'3, Rice 6'1, Kiwor 6-3 which is huge for a player playing as a fullback. Add that to our other tall players like Saliba 6'5 and Gabriel 6'3 and there's no surprise that were so strong at set piece

He's also buying players that are beasts off the ball and getting box to box in Rice and Havertz. That makes us much harder to score against because they get back quicker and makes us better in transition. People point to Rice's excellent defensive game but Havertz is bullying the opposition in duels
No way Saliba has two inches on Gabriel. Also Kiwior looks like Rice height, definitely not as tall as the centre backs.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
That article is cringe as fk.

But once you de-cringify it not much of it is all that surprising is it?

Arteta having an incredible appetite for learning is sth that has been documented all the way to his playing days at Arsenal. Not a surprise that he knocked on every door at CFG to see what they were saying.

We also know that Guardiola is a closed door stubborn type person and it’s not that surprising to me that Arteta was the one that had to act as a go between for the CFG analysis dept. And that’s all he did re transfers once you strip away the obsequious flattery - he didn’t devise it himself he just couriered it basically.

The Jover / set piece thing was news to me at least tbf, but again when you think about Pep’s Barca and Bayern teams they never had a set piece coach so yeah it adds up that someone who wasn’t Pep brought that in. It also makes more sense now how we managed to get Jover here in the first place if he already had a relationship with Arteta.

What the article glosses over of course is the fact that ultimately it was still 99% Pep. And that’s fine - he is a goat level manager in many people’s eyes.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I think some of you think Arteta is the magical fairy.

Not a mention of Edu or the ownership who all have just as much to do with the club resurgence, or luck having Saka at the club or didn’t sell Saliba.

Nope, all Arteta’s omniscient genius and only you and Drippin could see every step of it unfolding 🙄

Edu and Josh also a huge part of it yep, I always mention that however this convo is on Arteta.

Luck having Saka? Saka wasn’t even on the pitch when we beat the best team on the planet. So who’s that down to now?

drippin

Why are you like this? You could have just said "I wrote it in a way I didn't mean to." and it would have been all over with very fast with no problems at all.

Who did you mean then if not Arteta being "canonised"? Simple question.

Can you do it, or do you continue being like this?

It's pretty funny to see who give reactions to your sillyness, spurring you on, which is part makes this forum harder to read for everyone.

drippin

What the article glosses over of course is the fact that ultimately it was still 99% Pep. And that’s fine - he is a goat level manager in many people’s eyes.
You seem awfully certain of this. What is your proof for it? It's a fact that it was 99% Pep?

That is not a fact. The fact is that we can't know how much was what, other than most of City's success was Pep.

Then we have Pep himself saying that Arteta had learned football since he was born, and saying he might have even learned more from him than the other way around.

But no, for you guys it's a certain fact that it was 99% Pep. :lol: And of course the expected other claim is that Arteta copied 99% of Pep to Arsenal, which Pep also disputes.
Guardiola: "I'd like to say a lot (of City influence at the Emirates) but I'd lie to you. Mikel and I worked together for 3 years.

'He was taught since he was born. Maybe I learned more off him than he did off me when we worked together."

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Some will never be able to accept that a cone boy from City’s coaching staff can be this good.

It’s ok, so many have already converted which is great to see.

drippin

Some will never be able to accept that a cone boy from City’s coaching staff can be this good.

It’s ok, so many have already converted which is great to see.
I doubt Pep who already was one of the best ever, would want some yes-man to work closely with him, who couldn't give any original insight to help him out.

It's a pretty ridiculous thought to me. You need a team of like-minded individuals to succeed at top level, to throw ideas to each other.

This is why we can't really know whose idea was what, but of course the manager gets most of the credit like he should. But "a fact of 99% Pep" is an absolutely preposterous claim.

Arteta now has Stuivenberg with him, and I'm pretty sure it's not "99% Arteta" in this dynamic.

Btw. @db10_therza I assume now I'm "showing my opinion down your throat and treating it with disdain"? Can you see again that it was your claim of "a fact" that made me comment "harshly" because I disagree with you?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Why are you like this? You could have just said "I wrote it in a way I didn't mean to." and it would have been all over with very fast with no problems at all.

Who did you mean then if not Arteta being "canonised"? Simple question.

Can you do it, or do you continue being like this?

It's pretty funny to see who give reactions to your sillyness, spurring you on, which is part makes this forum harder to read for everyone.
"Why are you like this" from you hurts :lol:

"Someone" as shown in that dictionary definition I quoted for you refers to a person when it's not important who they are. It doesn't matter if the sentence refers to Arteta, to another coach or politician or whoever - a normal person capable of critical thinking encounters a hagiography like the one from the Athletic and they become immediately suspicious of both article and the person that's being described as some miracle worker. Do you understand what I wrote in my last couple of posts now?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Edu and Josh also a huge part of it yep, I always mention that however this convo is on Arteta.

Luck having Saka? Saka wasn’t even on the pitch when we beat the best team on the planet. So who’s that down to now?

Brother @drippin admitted it himself, having world class academy players has a lot to do with luck - like Kane. The nurturing part of it is not, but hopefully you catch my drift.

Arteta’s done a good job and has transformed the club, not taken that away from him at all he’s proven me wrong emphatically.

I criticised the article and the notion that every bit of fortune was meticulously planned. Or that sheer money didn’t do a lot of the heavy lifting.

Paying 50m for White and him becoming our main rb to accommodate Saliba, you cannot tell me that was planned.

drippin

"Why are you like this" from you hurts :lol:

"Someone" as shown in that dictionary definition I quoted for you refers to a person when it's not important who they are. It doesn't matter if the sentence refers to Arteta, to another coach or politician or whoever - a normal person capable of critical thinking encounters a hagiography like the one from the Athletic and they become immediately suspicious of both article and the person that's being described as some miracle worker. Do you understand what I wrote in my last couple of posts now?
Well I'm a pretty normal person, and I rate Arteta even if he is "canonised".

The "canonising" doesn't affect if I rate him or not, it's irrelevant to me or Arteta what some people write in media. Why would it affect rating anyone?

We're back to beginning. Your sentence just makes no sense, but at least that's clear now.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

[/QUOTE]

Think you mean Scottish style football philosophies. Afterall, Moyes is Scottish and prior to that he played for Rangers under Scottish manager Alex McLeish.

Arteta has had a great footballing education but he still needs to piece it together when it matters.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom