• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Modern Football: The good and the not so good

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
The only thing I’d say on this is would football be better from a parity perspective if it was like in the 1980s where a lot of players stayed in their own countries.

Now in the CL there’s about five or six clubs who will always be favourites every year. The days of Steaua Bucharest or Red Star Belgrade winning it are long gone.

I think sustainability wise considering how many clubs around Europe are under pressure of folding a restriction on transfers and reversion back to the old model might be interesting.

The likes of Molde would have a very good team if they were able to hold onto their youngsters for longer. Now we have a few teams stockpiling talent in an 18 member squad.

The PL would drop significantly in quality but every European game would have a star in it.
The possibility of a new Model coming in could also alter things radically.
If/When the European Super League does start there will also be the question of who is organising it, and what happens to the teams and their domestic League.

One way of making domestic leagues more attractive would be to have the big teams, Madrid, Barca, Bayern, etc., field one squad for the European Super League, and have another, completely different squad for their domestic league, made up of only home-grown players.

Another alternative would be that the teams who join the European Super League would be excluded from their domestic league, which would make the domestic league a lot fairer and more competitive. The different FA's could then also introduce an 8+3 system for the teams, meaning you have to have 8 local lads on the pitch at one time.
I think a very good idea.

You could still have your Harlem Globetrotter/World XI type teams, if you so wish, playing in the European League, and have 'real' teams from the areas that they represent playing in the domestic league.

Win-win, I think

Top Bottom