• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Mohamed Elneny (Out)

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool seem to get rid of players that aren’t working out a season or two earlier then we would.

Also feel Arsenal’s fans large social media presence doesn’t help. Like I’ve never seen a defender become a meme in same way Mustafi has.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Liverpool seem to get rid of players that aren’t working out a season or two earlier then we would.

Also feel Arsenal’s fans large social media presence doesn’t help. Like I’ve never seen a defender become a meme in same way Mustafi has.

I think this is a myth.

Markovic - Cost £22.5 m, 3 loans then left for free.
Moreno - Cost £16.2 m, left for free
Coates - Cost £7.2 m, 2 loans then left for £2.5 m
Balotelli - Cost £18 m, 1 loan and then left for free

Just 4 quick examples. You can easily find an Elneny and a Solanke at most clubs. Liverpool fans could look at us and say wow they got £35 m for Iwobi, why does nobody want Moreno and Markovic?

Last edited:
D

Dial Square 1886

I think this is a myth.

Just 4 quick examples. You can easily find an Elneny and a Solanke at most clubs. Liverpool fans could look at us and say wow they got £35 m for Iwobi, why does nobody want Moreno and Markovic?

Of course it's a myth.

Andy Carroll anyone?!

Fact is, as Arsenal supporters, we scrutinise our club far more closely than other clubs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Gazidis giving him that new deal before leaving was one last **** you.
This is the one contract I will never understand.

I can sometimes place myself on the other side and see where they are coming from....but giving this guy a new contract might have actually been a ‘**** you’ from Gazidis. Only explanation that makes sense to me.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think this is a myth.

It's not a myth. When you look at what Liverpool have bought and sold over the years it's clear it's not a myth.

Even accounting for the mammoth Coutinho fee.

edit. Using the figures I run previously in the Artera thread if you take out the Coutinho transfer at 130m Liverpool still sold players to a tune of 394m. We sold players for 243m. I'm sure someone will say Suarez but even then that's still another example of Liverpool selling top players for big money whilst ours just run contracts down and leave for pennies on the pound. They are a slick machine that extract value where they can.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It's not a myth. When you look at what Liverpool have bought and sold over the years it's clear it's not a myth.

Even accounting for the mammoth Coutinho fee.

edit. Using the figures I run previously in the Artera thread if you take out the Coutinho transfer at 130m Liverpool still sold players to a tune of 394m. We sold players for 243m. I'm sure someone will say Suarez but even then that's still another example of Liverpool selling top players for big money whilst ours just run contracts down and leave for pennies on the pound. They are a slick machine that extract value where they can.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not him turned down. we did reject Leicester offer. sadly.
Any proof?

the believe that it was Elneny who didn’t want to go to Leicester is the only thing stopping me from exploding. Don’t tell me that we turned down Leicester? Surely not. :mad:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not him turned down. we did reject Leicester offer. sadly.
not the first time weve turned down offers. We turned down 10m for Jenkinson after his initial loan at West Ham? We also turned down offers for Chambers as well rumoured to be 20 to 25m at the time. I'm sure there are loads more examples out there. Torreira at the start of this season just popped into my head as well.

We pretty much blow balls at selling players.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It would've been horrible for our reputation, but imagine for a second we sold Alexis and Özil to United...

We'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom