• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Mohamed Elneny (Out)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
not the first time weve turned down offers. We turned down 10m for Jenkinson after his initial loan at West Ham? We also turned down offers for Chambers as well rumoured to be 20 to 25m at the time. I'm sure there are loads more examples out there. Torreira at the start of this season just popped into my head as well.

We pretty much blow balls at selling players.

Didnt west brom offer us like 9/10m for Gibbs one year and we rejected it only to sell him to them 6 months later for half that.

Anyone who gives Elneny a player who probably never earned more than 25k before he joined us 70k shouldnt be allowed anywhere near football clubs. He should never be on more than 50k a week. Wasnt like there was competition for him or anything.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

not the first time weve turned down offers. We turned down 10m for Jenkinson after his initial loan at West Ham? We also turned down offers for Chambers as well rumoured to be 20 to 25m at the time. I'm sure there are loads more examples out there. Torreira at the start of this season just popped into my head as well.

We pretty much blow balls at selling players.

Unless it’s Everton offering us 60M for Walcott and Iwobi we’re useless.

Ramsey leaving on a free was criminal stuff, should’ve been sold summer 2018.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Everton fans want rid of both, incredible how so many Arsenal fans were gutted Iwobi left. Absolutely nothing footballer, lives on that passes into the box stat that people love to throw around.

Be playing in Turkey in a year or two.

say yes

forum master baiter
Everton fans want rid of both, incredible how so many Arsenal fans were gutted Iwobi left. Absolutely nothing footballer, lives on that passes into the box stat that people love to throw around.

Yeah people didn’t like to hear it at the time but the fee we received for Iwobi was mad.

Due to Kia apparently. One of the nice things about being friends with dodgy agents is that they should help us money-launder our dross.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If the reason Elneny is going on loan is because Besiktas cant pay his full salary and we have to supplement it surely it's better just paying him off and moving him on for free.

Beşiktaş is buried in debt, so that is the reason indeed. They're under heavy FFP scrutiny.

Better off offering Elneny to EPL clubs on a permanent deal.

The Iwobi sale was the kind of dumb management gift any club dreams of.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah people didn’t like to hear it at the time but the fee we received for Iwobi was mad.

Due to Kia apparently. One of the nice things about being friends with dodgy agents is that they should help us money-launder our dross.

Don’t know if I believe that. They stumped up 20M for Walcott before Kia was a thing.

They’re just a bigger banter club. Overpaid for every other signing they made last summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seem only a loan will best option for us. If his wages aren't that big Italian clubs would be interested to buy him. If trabzonspor ready to pay all his wages plus a few millions loan fee it's good deal with us

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Iwobi would have been at home at any top 4 side, he just wasn't productive. We got 40M for him because he wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb at any top side imo and he also has good physical attributes. That's what that passes into the box stat represents. He can play football.

Thing is, stick him at a midtable team and he's not going to do anything either so I'm not surprised they're not happy with him.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Seem only a loan will best option for us. If his wages aren't that big Italian clubs would be interested to buy him. If trabzonspor ready to pay all his wages plus a few millions loan fee it's good deal with us

They probably aren't. Just got a one-year ban from UEFA competitions for FFP reasons. They placed 2nd in the league but won't be in the European competitions next season.

Impact

Established Member

I coach a distinctly average Men's team. A few of them have a regular kickabout now in the off season where Iwobi sometimes join. Apparently you'd never know he was a Premier League player apart from his fitness. :lol:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Lol I don't hate Elneny like some seem to, he's just well below our level. Remember when he got a new deal and the number 4 shirt, what was that all about? :lol:

D

Dial Square 1886

Lol I don't hate Elneny like some seem to, he's just well below our level. Remember when he got a new deal and the number 4 shirt, what was that all about? :lol:

He was fine for us, don't know what people expect.

Picked up for cheap and did a job as a squad player.

Also scored a worldy against Barca!!

Clear those wages if we can though.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom