• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Mohamed Elneny (Out)

FinnGooner

Established Member
Find it weird there are no takers in Europe. He's Europa quality and even if not that then he's still decent

CL level wages, Europa League or lower quality wise. The same goes for most of the players we're trying to sell. If there is no interest from the Premier League clubs, the number of potential teams to sell to drop significantly. Toyota Camry is a decent car but you wouldn't buy one for the price of a Tesla.

FinnGooner

Established Member
People talking like Elneny is on 100k a week. He's on 50k a week, a lot of teams should be able to take him.

That's a big salary for most sides outside England. And even for English sides it's not cheap. That amounts to £2.6m a year. According to Statista.com the average annual salaries in the top 5 leagues are:

PL £3.1m
La Liga £2.1m
Serie A £1.8m
Bundesliga £1.6m
Ligue 1 £1m

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Exactly. Considering he wont bring in important money I don't think its a huge necessity.

Sokratis, Torreira, Kolasinac are the three we need to get rid of immediately.

Tbh Elneny will probably cost more than Sokratis, maybe even Kola. They all need to be sold this window.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's mean we desperately need 2 midfielders if Elneny Torreira leave that'll leave us with 3 midfielders plus 1 that up for sale

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Still find it so weird he has no takers in one of the bigger leagues. Guess it must be his wages

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Still find it so weird he has no takers in one of the bigger leagues. Guess it must be his wages
His wages is less than 50k. But he was very good in turkey and its Muslim country too clubs that's want currently are from Istanbul (great city) so I'm not surprised

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Think Elneny is the least naturally gifted out of him, Guendouzi or Torreira.

I'd still prefer to keep Mohamed over the other two though. There's something to be said for a guy who just puts his head down and gets on with job and does the basics without complaining, or thinking he's a superstar. He knows his limitations as a player and doesn't try to do anything silly with the ball.
You're not going to see him throwing a hissy fit like Guendouzi or crying to go back to Italy like Torreira either. Good, solid squad player.

I think Arteta has taken a liking to him and his attitude too.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yes should be aiming for 10m after he became regular starter here but I'd sell for 7m need big improvements in midfield

Top Bottom