• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Can anyone out there actually argue that Guendouzi is a better player than Elneny? In what way is he better? He doesn't run more, doesn't defend better, doesn't position himself better, doesn't show more football IQ, doesn't pass better, doesn't hold the ball better......... same thing can be asked about Torreira too.
man.. where were you when this entire forum was hailing the pashun of douzi and torreira.

the one thing an arsenal follower should be able to do - judge a midfielder

Finesse

Mo is a very unique issue at Arsenal. He was and had always been a player who was not used to his strength. Every time he stepped on the pitch we expected a gem who would come in and tear the place up. He was labelled a sideways passer etc. The reality is we just never had the system or partnership that could bring the best of his game and balance in midfield. He has not put a foot wrong this season. We found that balance. Credit goes to the Manager for seeing this 7 days into the season. At United very few would have paired him with Partey considering Xhaka and Ceballos were available.

What Mo brings apart from his attitude is the strict positioning and application of the manager’s instructions. Keep your position , stay available for a pass , keep moving and make the simple pass. Gundogan does this for City all day. At United he was always available for Holding , Hector , Gabriel to make the pass. You could sense they were sure he would keep in safely and pass out. Never trying to be too clever and take risks deep into our half. This is Xhaka’s ultimate crime. Getting caught and dispossessed because he is trying to be too clever. Ceballos is always sorting his feet out and too many touches of the ball slows it down. With Elneny it is what you saw against United. We should just expect that and leave the through balls or telegraph passes to Partey or the forwards. With Partey as a pair the ball gets to the attack quicker and on time. Reason we were able to create more chances away from home. In transition they were excellent and off the ball they could cover ground and apply pressure consistently better than Ceballos and Xhaka.

I just wish he sticks to his game and not get carried away with the praises. Don’t try to be too clever and making the game simple and keep recycling the ball.

kash2

Spot on.

People have short memories, did they forget that Emery started this bum during the last few games of the season and he looked trash against the likes of Palace which ultimately cost us our CL spot.

He’s very similar to Denilson, he can do all the meaningless sideways passing but he sh*ts himself when he tries to pass it forward.

Shocking footballer.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No big rested for the pl game and watches while his backup guys battle on in Europa. How times have changed

kash2

Hold on, I was praising him lmao @kash2
i know..
i just went to the first page of this thread and posted the interesting posts from there.

Yours was very interesting though I bet you didnt expect this level of rennaissance from him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't see why we shouldn't keep him until the January window, to give Arteta and his new coaching staff a chance to work on him, as anyway it's very unlikely any good offers will come in for him
Fair play. Called it to a tee.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
We don't play with a lone pivot but if we revert to 4-3-3, I think our best current option is Elneny. Frees Partey to be more box to box which feels like his natural game. Then we can play a more creative CM ahead of them; Ceballos, Saka, Willock, ESR...

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
He had a very good performance against United, but i will wait if he can show it every week.

We had great games from Ceballos, Xhaka and so one, but the difficult thing is to do this every week and not only if we are playing against a big team.

But with performances like this he is very close to the first 11 and it's his chance to take it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Too early to start doing this tbh.

I think it’s Arteta’s tactics and the signing of Thomas Partey which has helped him excel. That criticism was warranted for the performances he was putting in the past few seasons. Denilson-esque was a bit too kind.

I’m 1000001% sure that everybody on this forum would have been happy if Elneny was sold for 5-10m last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom