• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Morientes finally going to Liverpool

Sammer

Established Member
I have said long ago, that Liverpool will be a threat again. Benitez is an excellent manager and with Liverpools funds (they will most likely get a good keeper in the summer), they have a good team.

Good buy, because I feel Morientes could do well in the EPL and him and Baros could be a good striker-duo.

the dawn raids

Established Member
they can be quality, but they have to have a healthy season. the last 3 years they have just been beaten up all the time. they are putting together a decent squad, but its one thing to have them on your roster, its another to have them playing together consistently.

Canuck

Established Member
I was hoping to see some good performances from Cisse this season (against everyone but us of course.) I wonder if Cisse will end up being 3rd in the pecking order next season. Since Rafa didn't sign him and all...

Agree with Sammer. Rafa is a good manager, and they'll def. bring in a keeper before too long. They'll be challenging ManUre for 3rd next season I reckon.
:mrgreen:

Mark

Established Member
I think they still need quality CBs and a GK before they can get back to their best. They also need to keep Stevie G, and to do that they will have to win some sort of trophy.

Anocht

Liverpool might play a 4-3-1-2.

Defense: Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore.
Midfield: Alonso, Gerrard, Riise.
Strikers: Cissé, Morientes and Baros, but Cissé playing behind them.

awooga83

Established Member
Hope he gets a run out against united this week Liverpool will have a decent team once they get rid of the injuries which they have been very unlucky with this year, i agree that their defence needs strengthening though.

Ste M

Anocht said:
Liverpool might play a 4-3-1-2.

Defense: Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore.
Midfield: Alonso, Gerrard, Riise.
Strikers: Cissé, Morientes and Baros, but Cissé playing behind them.

Won't happen.

4-4-2 or 4-2 (Alonso Hamann)-3 (Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell)-1 (FM/MB/DC).

Most likely 4-4-2 with LG/SG/XA/HK in midfield, then with 2 from FM/MB/DC, in fact FM then one of DC/MB as FM is the most natural partner for either player.

Canuck

Established Member
Cisse/Baros - Morientes
Gerrard - Alonso

True world class core four. Well Cisse has something to prove still.
If you could get Kewell back on track he would complitment it nicely.
Garcia seems ok, have to see how he does rest of season/next season.

They were saying on tv earlier that Morientes has this freaky record of scoring in every debut match he's played in. Hope he puts a couple past ManUre.

Weakerthan

Am I the only one who thinks he looks like a 28-year-old version of Cesc?

Looking back on his goals at Monaco, I had forgotten just how strong he was with his head. Gerrard and Alonso are going to love playing their curling balls into the box now, knowing they have someone naturally built to meet them. I just wonder if the physical and pacy nature of the Premiership might hinder his motivaiton and thus performance.

Unbeaten

I would say Liverpool doesn't have a good enough goalie, defence and winger to be right in the top. But i guess Benitez is working on that.

Let's hope Morientes beat the **** out of Manure. :D

Double_H

Established Member
Rafa is one of the greatest mangers in the world ...to tell the truth his the best manger in rotation of players

when he came to pool the dont have that many players to start with
they will win the Carling CUP this season

and he will never play 4-3-3
he will play 4-5-1

with baros behind morie

Canuck

Established Member
I just wonder if the physical and pacy nature of the Premiership might hinder his motivaiton and thus performance.

Well I don't think the pace of the match will bother him, but we'll have to see how he deals with the physical side of things...

awesomarsenal

Canuck said:
I just wonder if the physical and pacy nature of the Premiership might hinder his motivaiton and thus performance.

Well I don't think the pace of the match will bother him, but we'll have to see how he deals with the physical side of things...
mor is a phiscial kind of striker, the english" kind who can head a ball well and is is though to tackle. i thik he is suited great to the premiership :roll:

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom