• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most overrated Arsenal players

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I feel like that thigh injury in 2014 was worse for Ramsey than the leg break. He was the best player in the league then got injured for 4 months and never was the same again.

Think it was actually all the goals he scored that season that ended up ruining him to a degree.

Before that season, in 2012/2013, in the second half of that season he was just as good really as he was in 13/14, without the goals...from 2014 on he seemed to think he was Zidane, instead of a box to box midfielder...think Arsène called him an offensive minded Roy Keane, which was an apt description for the way he played for about 18 months...after his goals, he got quite lazy defensively and he was quite a poor central midfielder really...his best performances after that season were either on the right hand side of midfield, or in midfield when we played a back three and there was less pressure on him to be defensive.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Other than you now, never seen anyone describe J Lingz as a big gamer.
He tends to score or assist in big games.

I don't know what the record is, but I'm sure it's very excellent. He has quite the nack of scoring against us.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He’s been playing 10 years at these grounds with the biggest club in England. Everyone has scored against us, even you I’m sure.

He made his debut when he was 18? Wow, that was news to me. Though he made his debut 2014-15ish.

First player to score at the emirates? Olof Mellberg. Bumped into him last summer

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Think it was actually all the goals he scored that season that ended up ruining him to a degree.

Before that season, in 2012/2013, in the second half of that season he was just as good really as he was in 13/14, without the goals...from 2014 on he seemed to think he was Zidane, instead of a box to box midfielder...think Arsène called him an offensive minded Roy Keane, which was an apt description for the way he played for about 18 months...after his goals, he got quite lazy defensively and he was quite a poor central midfielder really...his best performances after that season were either on the right hand side of midfield, or in midfield when we played a back three and there was less pressure on him to be defensive.

Exactly he was really good up until that thigh injury, he was just getting better and better become a complete midfielder. Everything was working for him, consistently good. Then he got injured for 4 months was never the same player again.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I thought it was about 60/40 in favour of him at least tbh.

No way is it that high. I'd say 70/30 against him being a starter. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see how anyone could look at what Alexander-Arnold does for Liverpool and not be underwhelmed by Bellerin who doesn't even have a fraction of his abilities in terms of contributing offensively and is worse defensively. Add to that the decline in his recovery pace and he's pretty much useless.

I think 70/30 might be generous, I don't think anyone rates him anymore. Again I could be wrong, people on here do rate some mediocre players.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
No one rates him though.

Some people on this forum said he was better than Sagna and up untill recently were calling him one of best Full backs in the league. I've taken a lot of abuse from his fan club the past few years for making constructive criticism of him.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Bellerin is a decent fullback, upgradable yes. Rubbish no.

wouldn’t say he’s overrated or underrated.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't get it. It seems like bashing Bellerin makes you cool :lol:

Bellerin is not world class. But I do believe he can do a job at RB.

Since Arteta came, Özil has not even been better than Bellerin but the Özil boys cub have been wanking about Özil's performance while some of them have been sh!tting on Bellerin.

Bellerin is not overrated, neither is he underrated like @roz said.

RB is not an area of need for us. CM and RW is what we should be looking to upgrade and also CF (if Auba doesn't stay)

Latest posts

Top Bottom