• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most overrated Arsenal players

roz

Fake News Merchant
I don't get it. It seems like bashing Bellerin makes you cool :lol:

Bellerin is not world class. But I do believe he can do a job at RB.

Since Arteta came, Özil has not even been better than Bellerin but the Özil boys cub have been wanking about Özil's performance while some of them have been sh!tting on Bellerin.

Bellerin is not overrated, neither is he underrated like @roz said.

RB is not an area of need for us. CM and RW is what we should be looking to upgrade and also CF (if Auba doesn't stay)
People don’t like him because he’s into fashun and eats rabbit food which is fair enough really.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Bellerin is a decent fullback, upgradable yes. Rubbish no.

wouldn’t say he’s overrated or underrated.
Spot on really, not sure why the hate.

This board has a habit of making certain positions sound worse than they are

GDeep™

League is very weak
Spot on really, not sure why the hate.

This board has a habit of making certain positions sound worse than they are
What hate? The guy can’t defend, offers nothing getting forward, never had a top season in his career.

Compare to kids like Bissaka and Trent who have racked up multiple top seasons already despite being 21/22.

I was a huge fan a few years ago too, and actually like him as a character even now.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What hate? The guy can’t defend, offers nothing getting forward, never had a top season in his career.

Compare to kids like Bissaka and Trent who have racked up multiple top seasons already despite being 21/22.

I was a huge fan a few years ago too, and actually like him as a character even now.
Hasn't had a top season? :lol:
You really do go overboard when you hate a player, don't you?

Didn't Bellerin make the PFA team of the year in 2014/2015?

AWB made the PFA last year, according to you had a top season. But Bellerin makes the PFA team of the year 2014/2015 According to you, he didn't have a top season.

:facepalm:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hasn't had a top season? :lol:
You really do go overboard when you hate a player, don't you?

Didn't Bellerin make the PFA team of the year in 2014/2015?

AWB made the PFA last year, according to you had a top season. But Bellerin makes the PFA team of the year 2014/2015 According to you, he didn't have a top season.

:facepalm:

Why use words like hate? Bellerin is one of my favourite players in this squad, people who use this forum will know. Just recently I have gone off him.

Bissaka has been solid for 2 years, great defensively, Bellerin simply hasn’t put that sort of form together.

Forgot about 2014/15. To be fair, injuries have affected him.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Bissaka has been solid for 2 years, great defensively, Bellerin simply hasn’t put that sort of form together. .

I won't say AWB has had a top season this year. He's been average at best.

He's some excellent games missed with average ones and Some woeful games.

Don't think that qualifies as a "top season"

I'll give you last year he was excellent

GDeep™

League is very weak
I won't say AWB has had a top season this year. He's been average at best.

He's some excellent games missed with average ones and Some woeful games.

Don't think that qualifies as a "top season"

I'll give you last year he was excellent
He’s been widely regarded as one of the best defenders in the league this year, in 1 on 1 situations the guy has been unbeatable.

Where he has been average is in advanced positions, where he’s absolutely useless.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He’s been widely regarded as one of the best defenders in the league this year, in 1 on 1 situations the guy has been unbeatable.

Where he has been average is in advanced positions, where he’s absolutely useless.
Bellerin is better going forward while AWB is better defending

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I don't get it. It seems like bashing Bellerin makes you cool :lol:

Bellerin is not world class. But I do believe he can do a job at RB.

Since Arteta came, Özil has not even been better than Bellerin but the Özil boys cub have been wanking about Özil's performance while some of them have been sh!tting on Bellerin.

Bellerin is not overrated, neither is he underrated like @roz said.

RB is not an area of need for us. CM and RW is what we should be looking to upgrade and also CF (if Auba doesn't stay)

Bellerin had a great break out season in 14/15 season and he looked like he was going to become a very good player. In the 15/16 his lack of footballing IQ and defensive awareness and positioning started to show. Bellerin got a token PFA selection as no other RB stood out that year and everyone remembers Bellerin playing well the season before.

Since then Bellerin has gotten worse and worse each season producing more peformances than anyone for us under the Wenger era with the excpetion of maybe Ramsey and Diaby.

Before the 17/18 season Bellerin let himself put on aload of weight and took him 3 months into the season to shift the extra timber (Bellerin's was extremely unprofessional to let this happen). Bellerin since then has lost his one redeeming quality in pace.

So now Bellerin is an "offensive full back" who no longer has pace, can't cross, cant pass the ball on the deck and is more of a liability defensively than Santos was. However Bellerin is active on social media and wears weird clothes so people will make excuses and allowances for him.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Bellerin had a great break out season in 14/15 season and he looked like he was going to become a very good player. In the 15/16 his lack of footballing IQ and defensive awareness and positioning started to show. Bellerin got a token PFA selection as no other RB stood out that year and everyone remembers Bellerin playing well the season before.

Since then Bellerin has gotten worse and worse each season producing more peformances than anyone for us under the Wenger era with the excpetion of maybe Ramsey and Diaby.

Before the 17/18 season Bellerin let himself put on aload of weight and took him 3 months into the season to shift the extra timber (Bellerin's was extremely unprofessional to let this happen). Bellerin since then has lost his one redeeming quality in pace.

So now Bellerin is an "offensive full back" who no longer has pace, can't cross, cant pass the ball on the deck and is more of a liability defensively than Santos was. However Bellerin is active on social media and wears weird clothes so people will make excuses and allowances for him.

Weird clothes?? You need a visit from the fashion police my friend....Kieran Tierney also looking sharp next to him here I might add.
NINTCHDBPICT000460059174.jpg

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Alright so I've been away from the forum for awhile & now that I've come back to see people calling Ramsey overrated
Really? Ramsey of all people? The guy who was single handedly winning us a PL title before he got injured, the guy who broke our trophy drought, who alone was making our shambolic midfield look somewhat passable is overrated:facepalm:
His thigh injury stopped him from being the best midfielder in the league. He is a modern day Arsenal icon & should be treated as such.
Now for the overrated.... Özil is the obvious choice. He has been for his whole career. Don't get me wrong, he was electric when he was younger & still is at times but people thought of him as one of the best five players in the world at a time. He always had the ability to that extent but never had the mentality to get there.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Now for the overrated.... Özil is the obvious choice. He has been for his whole career. Don't get me wrong, he was electric when he was younger & still is at times but people thought of him as one of the best five players in the world at a time. He always had the ability to that extent but never had the mentality to get there.
tenor.gif

Reactions: roz

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bellerin seems to have lost a few yards of pace since his injuries. As a character he seems a good fellow though.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Alright so I've been away from the forum for awhile & now that I've come back to see people calling Ramsey overrated
Really? Ramsey of all people? The guy who was single handedly winning us a PL title before he got injured, the guy who broke our trophy drought, who alone was making our shambolic midfield look somewhat passable is overrated:facepalm:
His thigh injury stopped him from being the best midfielder in the league. He is a modern day Arsenal icon & should be treated as such.

If Ramsey had any positional discipline we wouldn't have been down 2-0 to Hull anyway.

Ramsey is no icon, just a player people overrate out of compassion of his leg break and how he came back from that (which is commendable) but he never single handedly won us anything. Cazorlal was the one making our midfield look passable, Ramsey would go on run abouts whenever he could leaving massive space.

Last edited:
By the way, in 2000-s there was such player as Oleh Luzhny. personally I didn’t consider him a reliable player – he committed too many mistakes on the field. But I know many of Arsenal fans liked him, didn’t they?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I always thought Ramsey wrongly got the credit of soley winning us the FA cup final against Hull when in fact the players who contributed more was Cazorla (superb free kick that gave us the chance) and Wilshere and Rosicky (when these two came on we really took control of game and started to dominate them).

Latest posts+

Top Bottom