• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most underrated Arsenal players

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Can't have hate without some love.

Monreal was the best LB since Ashley Cole and has a shout for our best defender of the 2010s.

Adebayor and Nasri could have become world class if they didn't leave to Man City.

Ljunberg was just as important as Pires imo but never got the same plaudits.

Currently I think Kolasinac is better than people give him credit for, he's constantly injured but when he plays he actually contributes and isn't an easy player to play against.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Agree about Monreal.Had great 3 seasons with us and was very underrated.

Why Adebayor and Nasri btw ? Both were imporant players in some period and had few good seasons with us.Rated them both and shame that they didn't stay longer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wiltord was a very good player, but was (understandably) overshadowed by playing with peak Henry.

Kolo Toure was as important as Sol Campbell to our Invincible season, great defender at his peak.

Edu (longer haired version) was such a player, briefly displaced Gilberto in the team in 2004, shame injuries ruined him...

...love this, probably our most underrated goal!

Szczesny is our best keeper of The Emirates Era, we should have done more to keep him and given him better goalkeeper coaches to work with.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’ll say Giroud. He cost £10M, had a strike rate to rival Drogba when he played for us and as a squad option could cause havoc in the box late on.

In terms of PL goals during the 2010s he’s eighth overall. The only players who cost less than him on that list are Kane and Vardy.

Everyone else cost double or triple what he did.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Currently I think we have a lot of underrated players

Kolasinac- amongst the best left backs in the league with Robertson, Chillwelll, Tierney and Saka. Defensively Kola is so underrated.

Torreira- intelligent, amazing at avoiding the press, hardworking, good on one on challenges, good postional awareness and discipline. Torreira passing is undderrated too be it short, long, on the deck, at tempo or just keeping hold of possesion.

Chambers - was our best player this season untill the inury. Got clean sheets in the first two games at RB this season and in his fourth match he got a hattrick of asissts. Also later on filled in effetively at CB playing very well in our 0-0 against Everton away. Chambers also got an asist to put us 1 -0 in the lead against Chelsea but unfortunately he got injured, we lost the match and he has been big miss ever since.

As for ever people always say Parlour and Gilberto but I think every Arsenal fan rates them. So I would say:

Rosicky - Mozart didn't produce big numbers offensively but he was technically sublime and he fitted into our one or two touch passing style perfectly. A very consistent player and always seemed to make the right decision when it came to a pass. I don't think i can recall coming away from a match and thinking Rosicky had a bad game, ever!

Also at the time I had a Sp**s fan for a flatmate, minutes before kickoff he was saying that he thought Rosicky was sh*t and why does he start for us....minutes later Rosicky scores a cracker to shut up my flatmate much to my joy. Also we played them in the a cup game that season too and Rosicky score a superb individual goal taking from our own half all the way (I also watched this with my flatmate). Rosicky has always scored quality goals such as his double against pool and his wonderful team goal against Sunderland.

Koscielny - such blistering pace which enabled him be so good at anticipating and intercepting opposition passes and to be such a strong last ditch tackler. Kos was argubably the best CB in league for a couple of seasons in his prime. Criminally undderated during his time here and had some of best individual peformances given by Arsenal CB including his peformances against Chelsea in 2016 2-0 win, against Bayern in our 2-0 win and against Barcelona in our 2-1 win.

Denilson - technically astute player but didn't fit into many people's sterotyype of an Physical imposing DCM so people made him a scapegoat.

Benayoun - when we got him on loan people branded him as average and a pool reject. However Benayoun proved to be very useful squad player for us. Quick, very good dribbler, good link up play, decent finisher, very hard working and contributed a lot defensively.

Arteta- an extremely intelligent footballer with great positional awareness and distribution.

Sagna - Didnt get the recognition as being world class but he was.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Monreal - Criminally underrated in England - hardly got a mention
Benayoun - successful loan spell here; scored a few important goals too I think

Not many underrated Arsenal players to be honest, we tend to overrate our players as our squad is filled with so many clowns that the decent players get overrated.

We havent had enough good players over the last decade or so to take any for granted :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Currently I think we have a lot of underrated players

Kolasinac- amongst the best left backs in the league with Robertson, Chillwelll, Tierney and Saka. Defensively Kola is so underrated.

Torreira- intelligent, amazing at avoiding the press, hardworking, good on one on challenges, good postional awareness and discipline. Torreira passing is undderrated too be it short, long, on the deck, at tempo or just keeping hold of possesion.

Chambers - was our best player this season untill the inury. Got clean sheets in the first two games at RB this season and in his fourth match he got a hattrick of asissts. Also later on filled in effetively at CB playing very well in our 0-0 against Everton away. Chambers also got an asist to put us 1 -0 in the lead against Chelsea but unfortunately he got injured, we lost the match and he has been big miss ever since.

As for ever people always say Parlour and Gilberto but I think every Arsenal fan rates them. So I would say:

Rosicky - Mozart didn't produce big numbers offensively but he was technically sublime and he fitted into our one or two touch passing style perfectly. A very consistent player and always seemed to make the right decision when it came to a pass. I don't think i can recall coming away from a match and thinking Rosicky had a bad game, ever!

Also at the time I had a Sp**s fan for a flatmate, minutes before kickoff he was saying that he thought Rosicky was sh*t and why does he start for us....minutes later Rosicky scores a cracker to shut up my flatmate much to my joy. Also we played them in the a cup game that season too and Rosicky score a superb individual goal taking from our own half all the way (I also watched this with my flatmate). Rosicky has always scored quality goals such as his double against pool and his wonderful team goal against Sunderland.

Koscielny - such blistering pace which enabled him be so good at anticipating and intercepting opposition passes and to be such a strong last ditch tackler. Kos was argubably the best CB in league for a couple of seasons in his prime. Criminally undderated during his time here and had some of best individual peformances given by Arsenal CB including his peformances against Chelsea in 2016 2-0 win, against Bayern in our 2-0 win and against Barcelona in our 2-1 win.

Denilson - technically astute player but didn't fit into many people's sterotyype of an Physical imposing DCM so people made him a scapegoat.

Benayoun - when we got him on loan people branded him as average and a pool reject. However Benayoun proved to be very useful squad player for us. Quick, very good dribbler, good link up play, decent finisher, very hard working and contributed a lot defensively.

Arteta- an extremely intelligent footballer with great positional awareness and distribution.

Sagna - Didnt get the recognition as being world class but he was.

Rosicky, Koscielny, Torreira, Arteta and Sagna have never been underrated though.

Chambers is a good shout though, I feel like he was getting better the more play time he got. He could have become a first team starter, much better than the likes of Sokratis or Mustafi.

BigPoppaPump

Monreal - Criminally underrated in England - hardly got a mention
Benayoun - successful loan spell here; scored a few important goals too I think

Not many underrated Arsenal players to be honest, we tend to overrate our players as our squad is filled with so many clowns that the decent players get overrated.

We havent had enough good players over the last decade or so to take any for granted :lol:

I only made this thread to balance out the other one lol but yeah most of our players tend to be overrated.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Rosicky, Koscielny, Torreira, Arteta and Sagna have never been underrated though.

Chambers is a good shout though, I feel like he was getting better the more play time he got. He could have become a first team starter, much better than the likes of Sokratis or Mustafi.

Chambers I feel is a good player when he’s fit but he’s hard to judge because he’s constantly injured when he’s not been on loan.

So many of our players even if they’re not average are just constantly injured.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Can't have hate without some love.

Adebayor and Nasri could have become world class if they didn't leave to Man City.

Ljunberg was just as important as Pires imo but never got the same plaudits.

At the peak of his powers, Freddie was revered as a god by Arsenal fans.

Ade still remains one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched. Capable of mind-boggling skills one moment and abject disinterest the next. Never had the mentality to become one of the greats and every club stint ended in acrimony if I remember?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How many centre backs played consistently well under Big Wengz...Adams, Keown, Bould, Campbell, Toure, Gallas, Koscielny and Mertesacker...is this it?

@BigPoppaPump one of the most well timed tackles I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
He’s had a few clangers at Valencia but I’d still have him above Luiz and Sokratis.

Watched him in Valencia for a couple of times and he looked very good.Probably La Liga is better for him with slower pace and less physical league.

Think that he would do better than those two to be fair.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Literally hate most our players since the year before we bought Auba. There’s maybe 3 decent ones.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How many centre backs played consistently well under Big Wengz...Adams, Keown, Bould, Campbell, Toure, Gallas, Koscielny and Mertesacker...is this it?

I feel he could set us up defensively at times, one of the best back fours that I’ve ever seen were the Champions League finalists.

Lehmann
Eboue-Senderos-Toure-Flamini

We didn’t concede a single goal in the knockout stage until the final and even then that was because Almunia couldn’t cover his near post.

It’s annoying because we were capable of making shift teams being rock solid but then prolapsing at others.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Carlos Vela is maybe underrated.Player with very good technique and talent.Had also speed and vision.

Shame that he never liked England and wanted to go to Spain.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom