• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most underrated Arsenal players

9jagooner

Wenger named him as his best Jan signing. Also think he would be very suited to how teams set up and play today. Excellent player.

Don’t forget he came here on the back of a heart condition.
I remember the heart condition. He helped the country win the Olympics with that ridiculous goal against Ronaldo/Roberto Carlos/ Bebeto/Dida's Brazil. His attitude during and after the heart diagnosis was spot on. Though he didn't go on to have a great career at Inter Milan, I was overjoyed when he joined Arsenal. He's one of the reasons I started supporting the club

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
By other fans: Santi Cazorla

Arsenal fans know what he had to offer in both the original CAM/LM role and then even more so when he was more involved in the build up play.

Some fans of other teams just saw him as a 'good' player but he was more than that. He had so much quality.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if anyone mentioned him but I just remembered the most underrated player, and hes our manager.

He stayed at Arsenal well into his 30's, but we signed this guy and started playing him as a DLP. Until his legs went Arteta was our most instrumental player, he was at the centre of the way we played. When he was injured/suspended in that period I was always dreading the worst.

I know he is obviously nowhere near as good, but he acted like our own version of Xavi/Busquets in a way. He controlled the tempo of the game. Its something that doesnt come naturally to Xhaka for example (or many other players). Arteta and then Cazorla (in his own way) helped recycle the ball with confidence, making very few mistakes in possession or passes as well as being able to play incisive through balls.

Since Arteta and Cazorla left us we have been terrible at building up from the back, and its no coincidence.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I feel like Kieran Gibbs was under appreciated in the England set up. He was very injury prone in his early years and he was a bit rubbish in the final third but he lowkey deserved more than 10 caps for England imo. He was a good defender, comfortable on the ball and he even saved us from falling out of the CL once with that tackle against Newcastle in the dying minutes. I celebrated that tackle like it was a goal. Anyways, I mean it’s not like England had a bonafide world class left back since Cole called it quits. Who knows, maybe Saka can avenge us?
He’s nothing special btw, I still think he was meh but I still feel like he could have got more caps for England. The competition wasn’t that great when he was with us.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I feel like Kieran Gibbs was under appreciated in the England set up. He was very injury prone in his early years and he was a bit rubbish in the final third but he lowkey deserved more than 10 caps for England imo. He was a good defender, comfortable on the ball and he even saved us from falling out of the CL once with that tackle against Newcastle in the dying minutes. I celebrated that tackle like it was a goal. Anyways, I mean it’s not like England had a bonafide world class left back since Cole called it quits. Who knows, maybe Saka can avenge us?
He’s nothing special btw, I still think he was meh but I still feel like he could have got more caps for England. The competition wasn’t that great when he was with us.

Gibbs was lucky to get 10 caps for England, poverty player. Had to be the most brain-dead player I've ever seen at Arsenal.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I'm surprised I forgot about him but, Danny Welbeck is one player I feel was underrated because he didn't have the best technique. The way he played made him look way worse than he was because he was uncoordinated.

But really he as tough as nails and a physical phenom, could've been so much better if injuries didn't derail him. Both Arsène Wenger and Alex Ferguson rated him so he must have had something about him.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I'm surprised I forgot about him but, Danny Welbeck is one player I feel was underrated because he didn't have the best technique. The way he played made him look way worse than he was because he was uncoordinated.

But really he as tough as nails and a physical phenom, could've been so much better if injuries didn't derail him. Both Arsène Wenger and Alex Ferguson rated him so he must have had something about him.
Tough as nails but prone to injuries? He only had workrate going in his favour. He did give us some unforgettable moments though. The goals against United and Leicester are still etched in my memories.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
vXpkEUz.jpg

@American_Gooner that day to Danny...

tenor.gif

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Such a useful player to have. In the 16/17 season during the run in in both the league and cup he did a lot of unnoticed good work. He was stretching defences, which was enable Alexis and Özil to get the space required and they seemed to capitalise from it in a lot of ways. Giroud was the better scorer but I always felt we were a lot more fluid with Danny up front if we had to choose between the two, not a great choice for a club like ours but I think Alexis and Özil would rather have been playing with Welbeck up front than someone like Giroud in a lot of cases. In our victories over City and Chelsea in the cup, and United in the league Welbeck was excellent I thought. It's a real shame he had all those injury problems.

He's a managers dream, stick up front, alongside another striker, put him on either wing and he'll do a job. He's the definition of an excellent squad player. If we had a top striker like Auba earlier I think we may have appreciated Danny more if he was primarily used as a backup/rotation option. The problem was is that in the 15/16 run in he was tasked with being our main CF when Giroud was firing blanks and he just isn't a prolific goal-scorer and I think that soured a lot of peoples opinions on him.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Back in 2014, the only weakness in our team was in the CF. That we arguably our best squad of the last decade. We just needed an RVP for us to win the league. Surprisingly, we had fewer injuries than we've had in previous years. Hell, if we had an Auba we'd have won it.

Welbeck was a good squad option. He had no business being anywhere near the starting XI

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Back in 2014, the only weakness in our team was in the CF. That we arguably our best squad of the last decade. We just needed an RVP for us to win the league. Surprisingly, we had fewer injuries than we've had in previous years. Hell, if we had an Auba we'd have won it.

Welbeck was a good squad option. He had no business being anywhere near the starting XI

We needed one of Giroud or Welbeck and a top striker around that time, not both Giroud and Welbeck really.

Was still a very enjoyable time to watch Arsenal back then though.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We needed one of Giroud or Welbeck and a top striker around that time, not both Giroud and Welbeck really.

Was still a very enjoyable time to watch Arsenal back then though.
Used to outplay teams and create something like 8-10 clear cut chances per game.

Then went to appoint a manager who taught we were the underdog in every game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom