• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow | 01/11/06

Jkreffer

Established Member
Arsenal 0-0 CSKA

Again enjoyed vast amounts of possesion, but like against Everton, we just could not finish. Another frustrating game at the Emirates overall, but some decent performances.

On the positives, Van Persie gave his best display on the left wing so far and Hoyte looked good on the right side both defensively and offensively putting in some nice crosses.

No one really stood out, but I will go for Toure. The man just cannot be beaten for pace or power and his recovery was first class.

IBL

Established Member
Again, I'm gonna say Rosicky. His passing was sharp, his link up was great but it's his work rate and willingness to fight for the team which has really impressed me.

Cesc, Hleb and Toure were the other standouts for me.

awooga83

Established Member
Well its quite difficult because the whole team performed well but i'm going to have to say Rosicky he was great today, with superb link up play and great passing and just one unfortunate miss but he was so good and as Ice Berg Legend said he has a great engine on him.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Robins best display on the left flank and was our most dangerous player. He also looked most likely to score. Shame he went off.

Van Persie it is.

Lukazan

Established Member
Hleb for me.

Heavily involved in almost everything we created and the team looked a little lost when he went off.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Cesc/Hleb/Rosicky were fabulous. Toure was solid. But I think i wil go with Cesc..its just amazing how such a kid is so f*ing comfortable with the ball despite the pressure right next to him. Especially for his size, he really does a good job of protecting that ball. I am always thinkin he willl lose it..but he still makes that turn..with the ball at his feet. He just got tired later on..boy needs a rest.

nazo

Established Member
Hleb for me.
He linked up fantastically with Rosicky sometimes, and was confident in whatever he did.

Once Wenger took him off, you could feel that we lost something vital in the team.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Everybody was superb but we still drew, what a strange game of football. But I would have to go with Hleb as MOTM simply because of his incredible dribblings and the amount of passes that he created. Hleb, without a shadow of a doubt

hujja

Established Member
Robin or Aleks.

Everyone did well and did their best but this pair's contribution really shone.

regele

Established Member
Hleb, really bossed that right side, especially in the first half and created a number of opportunities to score.

morpho

Established Member
Rosicky without a doubt... the guy where everywhere, setting up players, dragging off defenders even defending himself... Too bad he didnt score on that open goal. He realy deserve a goal now!
Gilberto also impressed me today...

Biggus

Established Member
No! No! No! Rosickys miss in the first half was unforgivable.....That was the the equivilent of a goalkeeper letting a soft shot through his legs this is enough to rule him out of the MOM.....I know he wasn't the only one-Cesc and Henry were also guilty of missing VERY easy chances, for this reason none of the forwards are entitled to this honour. It should go to a defender.....Kolo maybe. :x

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
im going for hleb... although he wasted a good chance to give arsenal the lead, but his overall play was totally awesome...

shredding cska's defense, to-the-right-to-the-left leg tricks, sublime through-balls, spreading the game effectively and squizzing into needle-eye spaces, one must wonder if he's ronaldinho's long-lost twin brother...

rosicky, cesc, robin and the back four deserve some mentioning too...

p/s - anyone else thinks clichy had a good game? carvalho was in his pockets all night long (the very same guy who scored against us at lokomotiv stadium)...

Seabass

Hleb for me as well. He absolutely tore up the right wing in the first half, and although he wasn't quite as dangerous in the second half, I was a bit surprised to see him being the first player substituted.

Ricky_AFC

The fantastic trio Hleb, Fab, and Rosicky were brilliant again. They f**king amaze me how great they are, if we had our strikers in hot form at the same time as that trio the way we would rip teams to pieces would be scary.

Of the 3 I'll go for Fabregas.

Top Bottom