• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Arsenal vs Porto | 30/09/08

Man of the Match: Porto

• Adebayor

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Van Persie

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Walcott

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Fabregas

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Established Member
Arsenal 4-0 Porto
Van Persie 31, 48
Adebayor 40, 71 pen

I've realised i missed the Hull game. Frankly because we probably didn't deserve to nominate someone when everyone was so pathetic. Anyway, the same players (bar eboue) picked themselves up tonight.

I've picked those that i felt contributed most towards our attacking play tonight, which at times was fantastic. Two goals from Van Persie, who looked favourite to be dropped, whilst Adebayor bagged the same. Fabregas showed signs of his best, but Walcott was electric at times, and probably just pips Cesc to it for me. Still, consistency as a whole is what we need.

Poll ends Friday night. I shall start a Player of the Month thread tomorrow also.

True Gooner

Established Member
Re: Man of the Match: Porto

Ergh...tough call, Adebayor, Fabregas and van Persie all deserve it.

I'll give it to Cesc.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Oooo I love this thread.

Dunno if he was the best player tonight but I certainly thought he was the most exciting to watch. My vote: Theo

Kain

Established Member

Gone for RVP, Walcott was immense aswell and Cesc had probably his best game for us this season, but RVP looked a completely different player from the lazy waster that played against Hull and Kiev, looked dangerous and hungry everytime he was on the ball, fantastic.

Rohit

Established Member

I agree, i loved watching Theo, he consistently beat his man and was our most dangerous player.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Then he really should get MOTM everytime he plays. He is a worthy contender but I personally thought others were better than him.

Still feel he is holding out on us and could step it up a notch.

IBL

Established Member

went for other: Clichy. Thought he looked really hungry and up for it and remained professional til the end

sabret00the

Established Member

The options are Walcott, Denilson, Fabregas, Nasri and van Persie. I'd probably go personally be stuck between van Persie and Nasri.

James

Established Member

Nasri and Denilson also had very good games. Difficult to choose between just four and please everyone.

giuliob

Easy...Walcott...Energy, pace, getting so much better at controlling the ball; stronger....Gave it his all.....

sabret00the

Established Member

James said:
Nasri and Denilson also had very good games. Difficult to choose between just four and please everyone.
I hear you, but two goals or not, it's ludicrous to have Adebayor on that list.

The Serialised Thoughts of a Togolese Forward in an Arsenal Shirt:
2008/09/30: Walcott gets the ball and likes to run at the defence from deep, i'll help him improve by dragging obstacles (opposition players) into his path and then asking him why he didn't pass when and if he finally gets through on goal.

And after the break, The Serialised Thoughts of an Ivorian Winger/Defender/Midfielder in an Arsnal Shirt.

:cry:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Voted for RVP. Classy, back to his best

Kain

Established Member

Adebayor scored two, his header was damn good and the penalty, also set up the first goal, but his second half alround performance wasent really up to scratch, he was wastefull and annoyingly despite goals to be had often he was on the wings... why? Everytime Theo/Sagna/Clichy is out on the wing ready to do some of there magic then supply a cross/pass we want to see Ade busting his gut to get into the 6 yard box danger zone where he should be most lethal, for his second half performance he didnt do any of this otherwise he may of quite easily had another hatrick to his name with a standout performance, thats just the way i viewed it anyway.

asajoseph

Established Member

Gallas was good, actually, but I voted for RVP in the end, for two goals of superb quality.

Shaded Theo, just about.

tam1886

Established Member

Van Persie gets my vote. He looked hungry for it, and took both his goals well. Hope he can keep this up, and keep on improving.

Walcott comes a close second for me. Used his pace fantastically well and really caused them problems, even if that Benitez had the defensive ability of a fart.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Clichy. Locked down the left, overlapped well, was involved throughout, complete all around performance, good to see him return to form.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom