• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven | 14/09/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Lauren

• Cygan

• Reyes

• Gilberto

• Bergkamp

• Henry

• Vieira

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gash

Gilberto bottles it from too many 50/50 challenges. That may be the smart thing to do but I still like to see my footballers getting stuck in.

I also thought Cygan had a good game despite our own crowd giving him stick.

My vite is for Paddy, though it was a **** game to watch, its the 3 points that count.

asajoseph

Established Member
DB10 ,Reyes and Pires had bad game...they were the worst in the match

Sorry mate, that's simply rubbish.

I think DB10 was bad last night, just couldn't find his first touch, but still managed to provide a few excellent passes.

Pires also was not great, but replays show that his goal should have stood, so he did in fact score.

Reyes, on the other hand, was excellent. Even though he did not score (which happens rarely these days it seems!), he made very many excellent runs, and looked to be possibly our best chance of scoring. How many times did he cut in behind the full-back, and then Thierry finding him on several occasions? He was unlucky, and on another day could have had a couple of goals.

A

Anonymous

I dont know what game u guys were watching, because i saw Gilberto give the ball away too bloody often, for that matter so did toure, what was up with his passing yesterday, usually its pretty good, as for Cygan he was very shaky, i think Toure is not the same player when Sol is not next to him, we need him back asap.

Was anyone else going crazy when during injury time we were insistant on walking the ball out of danger, when booting the ball out and regrouping would have been better, especially when there was only 30 odd seconds left, it bloody hell nearly cost us.

beanz

KoLo28 said:
Haven't seen the match but going by comments on here I'll vote for Gilberto :D
Baaa Baaa, look at all those Lemmings jumping off the cliff, I think I'll just follow them. :roll:

juz7_pi12es

KingReyes said:
I thought these player ratings were pretty close to being good, but they did give Bergy a rating of 3!!!

The Standards ratings

Quote:
Robert Pires

His best game for weeks - and he even played right-back for a few minutes when Lauren was off injured and won a tackle! 7

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Gilberto Silva
star.JPG
star.JPG
Lauren
star.JPG
Kolo Toure

But Gilberto by miles. Great 'dirty' work.

sanyasi

Baaa Baaa, look at all those Lemmings jumping off the cliff, I think I'll just follow them.

:mrgreen: haha

i watched celtic v barcelona cause they didnt show the arsenal match, so ill just vote for ronaldinho :roll:

Double_H

Established Member
asajoseph said:

I think DB10 was bad last night, just couldn't find his first touch, but still managed to provide a few excellent passes.

Pires also was not great, but replays show that his goal should have stood, so he did in fact score.

Reyes, on the other hand, was excellent. Even though he did not score (which happens rarely these days it seems!), he made very many excellent runs, and looked to be possibly our best chance of scoring. How many times did he cut in behind the full-back, and then Thierry finding him on several occasions? He was unlucky, and on another day could have had a couple of goals.

sorry mate ..but they were the worst in the game ....name one player who played the match ...who played worst than them ..

pires goal was a goal 4 sure
Reyes gave the ball alot and didnt defence
Bergkam dont wanna Jump and use his head :roll:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Double_H said:
asajoseph said:

sorry mate ..but they were the worst in the game ....name one player who played the match ...who played worst than them ..

Bergkamp has a perfectly good right foot.

Maybe your definition of football differs slightly from mine, but if you think that Reyes was one of the worst players on the pitch, I suggest you readjust. The guy can't score in every frigging game can he?

Also, to talk about the worst players on the pitch and not include Frankenstein, sorry, I mean Cygan is ridiculous.

Double_H

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
Double_H said:
asajoseph said:

Bergkamp has a perfectly good right foot.

Maybe your definition of football differs slightly from mine, but if you think that Reyes was one of the worst players on the pitch, I suggest you readjust. The guy can't score in every frigging game can he?

Also, to talk about the worst players on the pitch and not include Frankenstein, sorry, I mean Cygan is ridiculous.

come on mate ...our attack was bad today I love Reyes ..but he was VeryBad today (who said he should score every match ) ..he didnt help Ash at all today ..beside 2 good Runs and one pass 2 bergy Nothin 2 mention

bergy WAS the worst of the 3 ..nothin 2 say here :)

pires was the best of the 3 though

and Poor Cygan ..what did he do wrong today??!!!

anyways mate its allright everyone has his own view :)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I know, but it's just that your view is wrong. :lol:

I'm kidding. I think you're being harsh on Reyes, he wasn't exactly getting the ball a lot was he? Why? Because Dennis was being squeezed so hard he was almost in our half most of the game.

Cygan proves the old adage "white men can't jump". I can't wait for the return of Sol.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gilberto. The mn was a monster in the middle for us last night, and I for one believe his performances this season deserve the praise they are getting. After starting his Arsenal career in explosive fashion he has somewhat fallen away, due to the fact that he had been played out of position. Now back in his usual position, he has shown a rejuvenation in form. If he keeps this up I don't see any reason for anyone else to want to hate on his game.

He ran nonstop, helped out in defence and attack, and also added a bit of creativity to our game. He was one of the few who had actually come out onto the pitch in the second half, and without him PSV might have gotten a draw out of this game.

I also liked his 360 spin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom