• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Dynamo Kyiv v Arsenal | 17/09/08

Man of the Match?

• Denilson

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Song

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Walcott

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Toure

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Established Member
Right, it's not a brilliant match to bring it back, but i thought with the re-introduction of polls, the man of the match threads could become a regular thing again.

Not a fantastic performance by any means, so it was difficult to pick just 4. First half, we looked solid as a unit i thought, with song protecting the back four. Second half, and we were rocking again. Gallas had a nightmare, and Clichy had his worst performance for a long time.

For me, Denilson carried the midfield at times, particularly in the second half when we looked stretched. He certainly gave everything, and rarely gave the ball away too. His energy in the last two games has made Cesc look like his legs weigh about 10x the usual amount.

Poll closes in two days. Obviously use "other" for another selection, state who it is, and i'll tally those up.

Mobb Starr

Re: Man of the Match: Dynamo Kiev

Walcott is my MotM, he knows there's a first team spot there for him to cement and he is really going for it. Showed great maturity and put in supreme effort tonight. Going from strength to strength. Song gets an honorable mention. Deserves to start on Sat.

Lukazan

Established Member

Nice to see this back.

Denilson probably, although there was no one stand-out.

asajoseph

Established Member

Song for me, slightly over Walcott. Nobody played too well though, to be honest, but I think Alex was probably the best of a bad bunch.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Walcott for me, just above Denilson.

Brilliant assist nailed it

qs

Established Member

After reading the other thread I realise no one will agree with me but I think the man who made the big difference for us Adebayor. Not his best game but I thought he worked all game and was a very positive influence, winning plenty and causing many errors. Off the ball he did well and fought hard to make space, he was caught off side a few times again but last night alot of them were due to late passes more than early runs. I know he missed a good chance he should've scored early on but that happens everyone and IMO his touch for the equaliser was going in before Gallas got a touch on it.

Now thats not to say it was great performance but everyone else was fairly poor. I don't see any reason to even have Denilson or Toure included. Never thought either did anything worth talking about, Denilson was missing for large parts of the game while they over ran us in midfield. Toure made a few errors too and did little to redeem himself.

Song would come close and I did think he did his job well but his passing was just a little to sloppy and I never feel like he's working as hard as he could.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Song. Impressive display considering how little he has played, will be interesting to see how he does in a more traditional four-man midfield.

James

Established Member

1011 views, and 9 replies? I didn't realise it was that difficult really.

tam1886

Established Member

Defintely Song for me, just over Walcott. He gave away quite a few needless fouls, and had a few sloppy passes, but he was solid and did his job well. Better than most others did their's anyway.

Walcott came close, and I was impressed by how he came back time and time again despite the treatment he was getting, he wouldn't have done that last season. The boy is growing. He's on a high though, and playing through a confident spell. For Song to come in cold and play like he did puts him just ahead of Theo for me.

I think Adebayor played well in the second half, but I wasn't impressed by him much at all in the first half. He played like a man possessed in the second half, and I reckon if he had played like that from the start we may not have found it so difficult. I'm not wanting to be too critical of that though, as he was head and shoulders above some of the others, but it's just frustrating when you know what he can give you.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

James said:
You forgot 23 votes. :wink: Thing is, I bet if you made it who was the worst or crappest player yesterday (and this would apply to nearly all of our games) then you'd have several pages already. At least that's how I see it.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

Walcott, after all the bashing I gave him here last season it is justified to give him a great big thumbs up for the last two weeks. Stepped up brilliantly.

That first team slot is a great carrot/motivator ... that shows AW's intelligent side (haven't seen too much of this lately) ... never let Theo feel that he is there always keep him hungry.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

James said:
:lol:
I honestly couln't pick.

Im leaning towards Theo though.

qs

Established Member

He'd never have kept that frantic pace up for 90 minutes though.

James

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
James said:
You forgot 23 votes. :wink: Thing is, I bet if you made it who was the worst or crappest player yesterday (and this would apply to nearly all of our games) then you'd have several pages already. At least that's how I see it.
That much is true.

atmosphere

I voted Song. He kept things pretty tidy in the area just in front of our defenders. Did well considering his lack of first team action. Things were a lot different after he was taken off although granted we were throwing men forward in search of the equaliser.

nazo

Established Member

Good to see this thread back.

It was between Song and Denilson but i picked Song because i felt like it. He was consistent throughout the game and subbing him off had a huge impact on us for the rest of the game. Theo was good but inconsistent and vanished every now and then.

Top Bottom