• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Fenerbahçe vs Arsenal | 21/10/08

Man of the Match: Fenerbahce

• Manuel Almunia

Votes: 47 77.0%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Abou Diaby

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Cesc Fabregas

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Established Member
It's a toss up between Almunia and Diaby for me. A very impressive return to fitness for Diaby, and a reminder what he can offer us in terms of going forwards. Few have mentioned how our midfield seems to tick when him, Cesc and Denilson play together. Almunia has also been fantastic this season. Proving many that he is an extremely capable goalkeeper, and he was brilliant again tonight. Despite scoring 5, our defence was poor, and some of his saves were crucial to our win, so he wins it for me.

arsmile

Established Member
Re: Man of the Match: Fenerbahce

diaby was close, but almunia was more vital to the victory today

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Almunia - long live the new 'capi'. Cesc was in with a shout for me too, because his two defence splitting assists really set us on our way and were very important regardless of how some feel he may have dropped off. But, yeah, Al for me.

Kain

Established Member

Diaby was really impressive for a game where he seemingly had no match fitness hasent played for god knows how long, yet was expected to fit in and perform infront of one of the most intimidating arena's in the game (abit like our backline though they stumbled somewhat :wink: !)

Almunia was something else though, i didnt know he had the aggresive side to his game but after the own goal went in you could tell he was pissed and started shouting commands that could be heard over the crowd + made great decisions on when to come out etc to stop Guiza thoroughly impressed, i hope he continues to show that form in the EPL we will no doubt need it.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

Almunia.

To have Song and Tweety defending in front of you, it must've been harder than climbing Mount Everest without an oxygen mask on.

tam1886

Established Member

Almunia gets it for me, no doubt about it.

Now that Diaby has finished his takeover of Man City and got back to the playing side, we seen how important he could be to the attack. He didn't seem like the same player who was criticised so much last season. Excellent performance and some lovely touches from him.

However I don't feel his contribution was as important as Almunia's. I feel that he needed to be at the top of his game with the defence he had in front of him, and he clearly was. Great reading of the game and awareness to snuff out the danger time and time again. But for him playing the way he did we could easily have drawn or lost that game. Not quick enough out of the blocks for Guiza's goal, but against the performance he gave that was a minor error.

Come on Biggus, you know you want to vote for him too :lol:

number_0

Established Member

I didnt watch the game neither the highlights, but i am going to stick my head out and say great Al.

Anzac

Established Member

Al for me too - I'll be VERY happy if he keeps that sort of form.

dutchMasta

Almunia, did almost everything perfectly, saved us loads, distribution was great, came out at the right times, stayed back at the right times, made all the right decisions. Not at fault for either of the goals imo.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Almunia saves us for not more goals condeded. great game from him keep it up lad.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Almunia surely. Very brave in catching and deny players to shoot. Didn't make those unbelievable saves from shot but made superb interception to throughballs.

Diaby deserve a mention too. Fantastic, especially coming back from a long lay off

TomasCR

Established Member

Almunia, then Cesc and Diaby.

Glad Gallas and Toure will be back soon, Song can comfortably settle down on the bench again. Good game from Diaby, I want to see him next to Cesc in the next game.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Own up, who voted Cesc? :lol:

For the record, I also picked Almunia.

ricky1985

Established Member

Almunia thoroughly deserves it in my opinion. Best perfomance for the club.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom