• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CS: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 07/08/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Cole

• Lauren

• Fabregas

• Ljungberg

• Gilberto

• Hleb

• Reyes

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Chelsea 2 - Arsenal 1

Arsenal: Cesc

While we lost I think we were played pretty well. Our only real faults being the two goals where our defence disappeared. Hleb (in his first Arsenal match that I have seen) looked good out there as did Cesc and Freddie. Drogba pissed me off as did most of their lot, getting away with tackles just like Utd. Phil was a bit out of sorts yesterday too :(

Like Wenger said its only a friendly and to be quite honest, I wasn't really that devasted that we didn't win it. Back to the serious stuff on Sunday, cant wait.

So who was our MOTM? Vote and leave a comment before Tuesday.

My MOTM: Cesc, got a goal and did well all throughout the match. Its really encouraging to see him playing so well in Vieira's departure.

TG

Ratinho

Established Member
I though Cesc was superb throughout, but when him and Gilberto were on, he was even better. Gilberto looked sharp, strong and ,wait for it, technically very good, and released Cesc to be even more creative.

Fabregas, by a mile tbh.

Gurgen

Established Member
Cesc without a doubt. Perfect passing, perfect composure, perfect mentality and a goal. What more can you ask of an 18-year old vs. Lampard and Makelele?
He played like an adult and that is the hardest part of fulfilling your talent.

Legend#1

Established Member
Cesc.. outperformed there midfield again, great composure, passing, took his goal well, brilliant work rate.. captains performance from an 18 year old.

Ricky_AFC

My vote goes to Cesc as well but i think Toure had a great game and IMO Reyes performance when he came on was very encouraging.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Cesc by a country mile... Toure played well but i thought was made to look better by the poor performance of Senderos... Reyes didnt do all that much.. (i think)..

IBL

Established Member
I have to go for Cesc. I only saw the highlights on Sky and Cesc stood out head and shoulders above anyone, capped off his performance with a well taken and deserved poachers goal. Such a mature head on young shoulders, great vision, so accurate and economical with his passes, holds the ball well.

Army of Me

Established Member
don't think too many folk will disagree with Cesc being our MotM, although I thought Toure played quite well too.

gstew

Ratinho said:
AxlGunners said:
Ashley Cole was great

True, he did play very well.

Cesc trying to kick off with Makelele >*

Both of you watched a different match than I did. IMO Cole was the worst player on the field. He was extremely disinterested for much of the game and his efforts seemed to revolve around keeping Chelsea onsides (luckily, the linesmen left their prescription lenses at home). Bad passing, ball watching, bad marking, jogging when beaten.....which of these equates to "play very well"?

Army of Me

Established Member
he was decent going forward but forgot to get his ass back and defend, I think i saw him lose the ball about the halfway line and robben started sprinting down the left towards where he was supposed to be and he just started walking back... walking back! the boos might have got to him at the beginning of the game (filthy chavs :evil: ) but thats no excuse really.

kel varnsen

Established Member
gstew said:
Ratinho said:
AxlGunners said:
Ashley Cole was great

True, he did play very well.

Cesc trying to kick off with Makelele >*

Both of you watched a different match than I did. IMO Cole was the worst player on the field. He was extremely disinterested for much of the game and his efforts seemed to revolve around keeping Chelsea onsides (luckily, the linesmen left their prescription lenses at home). Bad passing, ball watching, bad marking, jogging when beaten.....which of these equates to "play very well"?

exactly. especially in the 2nd half. cole looked tired and was caught out of position several times.

Canuck

Established Member
Cesc,
sized up to Makelele and looked good. He's shown time and time again that he can play with the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom