• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - FA: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 21/05/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Senderos

• Toure

• Cole

• Vieira

• Bergkamp

• Ljungberg

• van Persie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double_H

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
kel varnsen said:
lehmann. toure and senderos did ok today, the rest were sh*te...

beg to differ on Toure & Senderos. They both failed to give the fullbacks any sort of cover.

actully the full backs were bad today beacuse The Right and Left Mid did nothing at all

Phill, Toure ,Vierra and Gilberto comes after Lemon
and the rest were bAD

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens, he won us the Cup, and for all his faults, he will always be remembered for this.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Double_H said:
leonardo santiago said:
kel varnsen said:
lehmann. toure and senderos did ok today, the rest were sh*te...

beg to differ on Toure & Senderos. They both failed to give the fullbacks any sort of cover.

actully the full backs were bad today beacuse The Right and Left Mid did nothing at all

Phill, Toure ,Vierra and Gilberto comes after Lemon
and the rest were bAD

It's either or:

Either the RM defends v Ronaldo and Lauren gives cover, when the RM can't/doesn't defend Ronaldo (which can always happen) & Lauren has to do it, 1 of the CD MUST give cover to Lauren; Ash should take over the CD's position and the LM should take over Ash's position.

rachael-8

jens! he was great, only the 1 error from the corner but he made up for it was some fine saves. ive always stuck by him,never had a problem,and im glad he was won us the cup. hope he sticks around 1 more year.

koivu

LEHMANN! LEHMANN! LEHMANN!

Easy choice, really...The match was going to make a legend out of someone, Jens deserves it.

kompany

lehmann by far
Did you see when Lehmann got taken out by Rooney i think it was, he did like a 360 flib and landed on his side, then just got up and walked back to goals!! Cristiano Ronaldo would have lied down dead then and there!!!

fabregas showed some good strength too when he collided with keane , he's deceivingly tough, especially for an 18y old

IBL

Established Member
Mad Jens by a mile! Easily his finest hour(s) in an Arsenal shirt. Made some brilliant reaction saves and kept us in the hunt to the death.

Felt sorry for our fullbacks as they were offered no protection at all. Fabregas should have helped Lauren more because Ronaldo clearly had the speed over him. Cole fared slighly better over Rooney but Rooney edged that battle.

Special mention to Reyes, tried his hardest against a packed ManUre defense and was on a one man wrecking spree. There was no G. Neville about so he decided to exact his revenge over every other ManUre players ;D Bit silly to get sent off though.

Spike

Established Member
Lehmann, and I think the results speak for themselves.

Who was our MOTM?
Lehmann 98% [ 60 ]
Senderos 0% [ 0 ]
Toure 0% [ 0 ]
Cole 0% [ 0 ]
Vieira 1% [ 1 ]
Bergkamp 0% [ 0 ]
Ljungberg 0% [ 0 ]
van Persie 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 61

Atr

I think there's only one Arsenal player that deserved to win the FA Cup, an d everybody knows who that is. It's nice though to see one of our most reviled players be the match-winner for our silverware at the end of the season.

Still, I'm not sure if it's enough to save him his place next season. My suspicion is that it is, though it'd be more down to Wenger's stinginess.

calvinngai88

One and only crazy mad one, Jens Lehmann. He saved the whole team from losing. Well Ljungberg did well to head the ball off. Senderos and Toure were pretty solid at the back, though at time losing out to those long balls during a period in the match. In fact Gilberto was the next man to keep out ManU. He was behind the scene, tackling here and there. Did you all realise ManU didn't get to initiate attacks from the centre, rather they went by the flanks, mostly at the left against Lauren, whom I deem is the weakest link in the team even though I do admit he's good at taking penalties.

Lukazan

Established Member
Erm I think it can only be one man in all seriousness and that is of course Lauren. :p Nah Lehmann! Proved that when he isn't being a crazy German he can be a really decent keeper.

Vieira second.

kanuuu

Established Member
It was Lehmann versus man U yesterday, and Jens won it with ease. ****ing quality performance. I hope this doesn't stop Arsène from buying a new younger keeper for next season though.

Officially the best thing to come out of Germany. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom