• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - FA: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 12/03/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Senderos

• Clichy

• Lauren

• Vieira

• Flamini

• Ljungberg

• Pires

• Reyes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Bolton 0 - Arsenal 1

Goal: Freddie

1-0 to the Arsenal :) So happy that are lads put the europe exit behind to focus on the silverware that we still have a chance to win. I hate the way Bolton play, they made it had for us and their tactics landed them in hot water with Diouf getting sent off in the opening 10 minutes. We played alright, defense looked a touch fragile on their HUGE throw ins but apart from that was strong. We could have made the scoreline much bigger but their keeper managed to save everything expect the goal. I couldn't beleive that Freddie missed that sitter at the end :shock: and Bergie's free-kick was just palmed over by the keeper.

A good win for the lads and another clean sheet for Lehmann.

My MOTM: Senderos was again strong in defense and Freddie also had a good game. Tough choice again.

Who was your MOTM? Whoever it was vote and leave a comment before Monday.

tg :)

asajoseph

Established Member
This was a tough one for me - I thought Freddie had a good game, making some excellent runs onto through balls, and really carving the defence open on a number of occasions. That miss deserves an award of its own too!

Senderos had another excellent game, really solid, but was beaten only a couple of times.

But my MOTM is Gael Clichy - lightning pace at times, fantastic getting forward and causing all sorts of problems. The link up play with Pires looked as if it had been practiced for a decade. Thrust into the spotlight because of Ashley's 'hamstring', he staked a great claim to be next seasons regular LB, should Ash decide to move on. And he's only 18???

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
It was a tough choice, and a very weird game. You would've thought we had a player sent off, but I feel had Henry played, we would've torched Bolton with the amount of gaps the had.

In the end, I went with Freddie Ljungberg, although Pires and Clichy were good also. Not only was he the goal scorer, but his control on the day was good and he was a real stalwart in my mind. Of course, he did miss that blatant chance in the end, which was a bit disappointing considering the beautiful play from Bergkamp and especially Pires.

In the end, Im just happy we don't have to experience anymore Gary Speed long throw ins, because I was getting sick of them.

And also, thanks El-Hadji Diouf! :p

Soler

Established Member
I gave it to Clichy. He ran well, got into good posisitions and constantly got beyond Nicky Hunt all game. Great performance.

omdtm

Senderos for me...

We're getting clean sheets in the last games, and it's mainly because of him... Great game against Bayern, and another great one against Bolton. He deserves it!

Now I'm looking foward to see him partner Campbell

OneProudGooner

Established Member
No one was really oustanding today but Bergkamp stood out cos he was awful for most of the game apart from the end Senderos didn't stand out as much as the Bayern game but he and Toure did well to cope with the long balls. Vieira seemed to be working his ass off and he is actually winning his headers nowadays everywhere whilst flamini worked hard but was clumsy at times (here's to hoping Gilberto returns soon to give some much needed experience we need)

pome

senderos has been excellent in the last few games and weve had the clean sheets to prove it!

beanz

Stepping from the shadow of the fans favourite player over the last few seasons, young French star Gael Clichy is growing in confidence with every game he starts. His blistering overlapping runs were a constant threat down the left flank and he just needs to polish up his defending, to be more than capable of filling in if Ash takes his handful of silver in the summer.

Sith_Gooner

Senderos, solely for the fact that not only did he have a great game yesterday, but he has come of age in the last few. GO PHILLIP hope you are the next Adams mate!

Mark

Established Member
Senderos had another great game, but I think I'll give it to Freddie for his good work tracking back and some nice skill going forward and of course his goal. I think he deserves a mention for his miss as well, not many people can do that! :wink:

sabret00the

Established Member
Senderos bar his performance we all individually had terrible games but i think that's mostly down to bolton's tactics rather than our lack of spirit.

Phillipe played a thinking man's game, his positioning was spectacular and though the opposition tried to bully him and make him irate. As i watched certain things i thought what a genius, especially as i heard comments like what's he doing there he should be on the front post, but nope he held the space and cut out run's by Stellios. This was no easy feat as Stellios used aggression and a basketball like spring in his jump but every time that Senderos couldn't reach the ball he done enough to prevent Stellios getting a clean header, it was footballing for pro's and even being the side under pressure his quick thinking allowed us to soak it up, something that would normally be beyond Arsena. Well done Phillipe without a doubt you're earned the award.

Aussie

Established Member
nicky hunt sounds great when you tipsy

any way i won a ****ing premiership today been on it since 12 and heading down the rammie just hope i dont gtt in a dight with the bouncer as we know what happend to thet last bloke :lol: :x

James

Established Member
This is a tough one between Phillipe and Gael, and any other day Clichy would get my vote but Senderos is playing out of his skin at the moment. Wouldn't believe he's only just came into the side, and look at our clean sheets since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom