• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - FA: Leeds vs Arsenal | 04/01/04

Who was our best player on the field?

• Jens Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ashley Cole

• Martin Keown

• Sol Campbell

• Lauren

• Kolo Toure

• Freddie Ljungberg

• Patrick Vieira

• Edu

• Gilberto

• Ray Parlour

• Thierry Henry

• Kanu

• Robert Pires

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierrys_girl

Established Member
This is the first MOTM poll for the FA Cup, of this month and of this year :)

Leeds Utd 1 - 4 Arsenal

I didn't watch the game but judging by the scoreline we deserved a spot in the 4th round of the FA Cup. Coming from behind is not easy but our boys responded and got our FA Cup journey on track.

Who was your Man of the Match? Whoever it was vote and leave a comment to justifly your choice.

I hope you have all voted in the December Player of the Month, if you haven't please do so, it can be found in the sticky post section of Arsenal Talk

tg signing off

XxGoonaStuxX

For me it was Edu.
Henry played a great part aswell but Edu has proved to be very useful in these situations an dprovided good cover so that Pires could get some sort of rest.

Lukazan

Established Member
No one really jumped out at me in tonights game.

But Ashley Cole looked solid and was very careful when he had the ball so I'd probably give it to him.

Henry was a threat as always, with precise lobbed passes from the edge of the box.

Edu looked great aswell. I am really rating him so far this season, his vision has been brilliant and I think he should get alot more games than he does.

goonerdownunder

i too didnt see the game (bloody aussi television) but judging by the votes i think im going to go with kanu because he hasnt played much recently and has obviously played very well, i have always rated him but he just doesnt seem to be quite good enough for the first team anymore, but he has obviously played very well so maybe he is, i dont know how well he played but maybe he can get a few games in and we give bergy a little rest

Mark

Established Member
I thought Henry was excellent, scored a brilliant goal and set up two more very cleverly. He gets my vote.

Andrew

Why does it seem there is always a vote for Jens? I like him but for sure he didn't deserve MOTM in this match!

Lukazan

Established Member
lol I've noticed this too.

Somewhere on this site there's a REALLY BIG Jens Lehmann fan. :)

Archie The Leper

Henry, goal & 2 assists, but Leeds just couldn't get the ball of Kanu, back to his tricky best, does he want to stay? I'd keep him just for holding the ball up

jc8gooner

For me, its gotta be Vieira. He is pretty much back to his best now, and was commanding throughout the 90 minutes yesterday. His passing was superb, esp for the second goal, and he even did some tricks for us. If you combine this performance with the games against soton and Wolves before that, I think it is fair to say that we've got our captain back.

bobbypires

Established Member
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
Henry

i.p.fav.gif
i.p.fav.gif
Edu

i.p.fav.gif
Kanu

Gunner Ossie

jc8gooner

I dont know what game you where watching but yesterday viera was pretty awful.

Correct me if ime wrong but wasnt it him who kept giving the ball away, dwelling on the ball too long, passing to the opposition, dribbling and loosing the ball in his own penalty area? Did you not see when keown shouted at him.

No way was Vieira man of the match, I thought it shoul go to henry, if him, kanu, if not him edu. Kanu was creating plenty and seems to have gained a yard or two. Edu was hhis usual solid self wirth exellent vision and distribution, I only wish he would dribble more, coz he seems more than capable.

jc8gooner

I dont know what game you where watching but yesterday viera was pretty awful.

Correct me if ime wrong but wasnt it him who kept giving the ball away, dwelling on the ball too long, passing to the opposition, dribbling and loosing the ball in his own penalty area? Did you not see when keown shouted at him.

I did see when Keown shouted at him, but I don't recall it being him "who kept giving the ball away, dwelling on the ball too long, passing to the opposition, dribbling and loosing the ball in his own penalty area." You're not getting confused with Gilberto are you? :wink:

reggiepaul

Andrew said:
Why does it seem there is always a vote for Jens? I like him but for sure he didn't deserve MOTM in this match!

My vote goes to Jens.

Put Fatty Viduka in front of any World Classs Keeper and he will have difficulty with vision and skill.

Lehmann, in the fat boy circumstances was exceptional.

A

Anonymous

kanu and edu played well.

kanu has to be more consistent for me to like him again

i think the question should be who was ****e!!!!!!! , rather then good

my vote again goes for Gilberto. terrible player

kajej

Henry gets my vote for playing a part in all of our goals and being a constant threat. Kanu held the ball up well, his finishing wasn't as well. Edu was good as well.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom