• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - LC: Arsenal vs Wigan Athletic | 24/01/06

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lauren

• Gilbert

• Gilberto

• Hleb

• Diaby

• Reyes

• Henry

• van Persie

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 2 - Wigan 1 (Wigan win on agg)

Goals: Thierry and Robin

Who was your MOTM? Vote and leave a comment before Thursday.

TG

Neo_McKane

Almunia for me, he did what he could, can't blame him on "that" goal. Gilbert was great, but not so great to be motm.

Lukazan

Established Member
Gilbert for me.

Steady and mature game. Brilliant run for the first goal too.

Almunia also deserves a mention. He is looking like a good keeper lately.

IBL

Established Member
Gilbert. What a string of impressive performances he's put in improving each time.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Gilberto was much improved... with Diaby alongside him mostly Gilbert was good but faded away a bit but that is no problem considering his age, Almunia was solid when called upon but wasn't really called into action much.

f4evo

i know it should be gilbert but i voted van persie just for that goal, and also the fact that he was outstanding while on the pitch

adjie

Between Gilbert and RvP.
But I choose Gilbert, he has more influence in this match result. :D

The_Prince007

I chose flamini...Though he didn't play the whole match, he was the only player who looked like he wanted to go the final along with gilbert!! :roll:

Zico

Established Member
I have to agree with The Prince that Flamini was the man. I'm one to usually claim that he isn't Arsenal material but we looked more assured with the lil fella on.

Not Man of the Match: Gilberto, Senderos, and especially Hleb. This guy's having a laugh at our expense

AV Gooner

i feel it has to go to gilbert played extremely well and look assured and confident when going forward and defending. but a metion should go to flamini, van persie & almunia

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
AV Gooner said:
i feel it has to go to gilbert played extremely well and look assured and confident when going forward and defending. but a metion should go to flamini, van persie & almunia

yup those three worth mentioning too...

how funny it is when it's the youngsters who showed more aggression in their games. maybe they have this "i don't care if it's a stupid cup, i just want to win it" mentality. you know when you're young, full of passion and enthusiasm.

Arsène even said that cesc's temperament is good for him. he's more worried for players without temperament.

patrick42uk

Established Member
gilbert? what the ****? he done alright in setting up the goal but MOM? i dont think he even played better than gilberto (who played well).

MOM for me was reyes. he cant play 90 minutes so he faded after about 70 but prior to that i have to say i was very impressed. at times he showed pires like intelligence with his little give and gos and showed good vision. he really enjoyed the freedom to roam from the left wing. maybe it was the dive but get over it ffs. everyone does it, even english players.

second is close between henry and van persie.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Gilbert for me, too. Great first touch, great cross for Henry (seems to be a feature of his game) and defended well.

Tegh

Established Member
Gilbert for me.
At such a young age he's recently put in performances of a veteran. He gets stuck in, passes the ball well, and gets forward whenever possible. He has a bright future ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom