• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - LC: Arsenal vs Wigan Athletic | 24/01/06

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lauren

• Gilbert

• Gilberto

• Hleb

• Diaby

• Reyes

• Henry

• van Persie

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegh

Established Member
In all fairness the penalty wasn't that bad, it was in the corner - good save. Still, I wouldn't vote for him anyway, didn't think he was all that last night.

sabret00the

Established Member
I gave it to Gilberto, he done alot of work, he was 50% when Flamini came on, but when Diaby was on, he was a monster. He won ALOT of vital balls.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
sabret00the said:
I gave it to Gilberto, he done alot of work, he was 50% when Flamini came on, but when Diaby was on, he was a monster. He won ALOT of vital balls.

i have one theory on this.

i reckon gilberto feels very pressured whenever he is paired with small built players ie: flamini or cesc but with diaby's presence (which is clearly visible and felt) he may think that he's with a safe partner.

all in all it's about confidence. that's what the team is lacking since the start of the season FFS :evil:

asajoseph

Established Member
Gilbert played well - he seems a very tidy and fast player, although I'm not quite sure he excels at anything.

My MOTM though was Reyes, despite the missed penalty. He was a total livewire for most of the evening, and was still sprinting around the pitch after 120 minutes - people who claim Flamini has a good engine should really spend more time watching Reyes, his effort was superhuman. He was doing the things that Henry half the time refuses to do, namely making runs through the middle when someone else has the ball wide, and harrying defenders on every single backpass. In attack he was sharp on the ball, and really looked like he was the player who held the key to the Wigan defence.

KingReyes

Established Member
Reyes was our best player until he got tired and then just started falling on his arse and diving all over the place.

Gilbert also did very well.

koivu

I voted for Almunia, he kept us in it and couldn't really be faulted for the goal. He's impressed me of late.

Gilbert impressed me as well, glad to see Henry recognise him after that cross for an easy goal.

Van Persie's strike looked a beauty from my seat in the West Stand.

sabret00the

Established Member
bojed said:
sabret00the said:

i have one theory on this.

i reckon gilberto feels very pressured whenever he is paired with small built players ie: flamini or cesc but with diaby's presence (which is clearly visible and felt) he may think that he's with a safe partner.

all in all it's about confidence. that's what the team is lacking since the start of the season FFS :evil:
nice theory, i'll have to give it a testing.

Tegh

Established Member
My theory is, he's a bottle-job, poor-ar$e player without Vieira next to him.

Make of it what you wish.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The Official Arsenal-Mania Man of the Match for this game is Kerrea Gilbert who has impressed in his recent performances and looks like a very good prospect. Kerrea won the award with 38% of the votes, Robin van Persie came in second with 14% and Hleb in third with 11%.

40297.jpg

Well done Kerrea

Next Up: Bolton FAC

TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom