• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - LC: Doncaster Rovers vs Arsenal | 21/12/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eboue

• Senderos

• Djourou

• Hleb

• Gilberto

• Song

• Quincy

• Lupoli

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Doncaster 2 - Arsenal 2
Arsenal win 3-1 on penalties

Goals: Quincy and Gilberto

A nail biting finish to the Carling Cup clash between first division Doncaster and the Arsenal. Gilberto scored in the last minute of extra time to set up a penalty shoot out.

Gilberto, Cygan and Larsson converted for us and thanks to Almunia's heroics we scrapped through into the next round where we will face Wigan.

Who was our MOTM? Whoever you think it was vote and leave a comment before Friday.

TG

James

Established Member
Almunia.

Was partly to blame for Doncaster's opener due to poor positioning, but kept us in the game throughout with some great stops, particularly his double save in the second half. Great shot stopper, shame about the rest of his game.

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Almunia. He made some incredible saves throughtout the game. The craziest was when he saved it and got up in like a second to save it again. I was like OMG :shock:

And his ability to save PKS reminds me of the great HIguita who would always dive the right way and never guess. Yea he is a brilliant shot stopper but lacks Gk skills in other areas of his game.

wer

Almunia too.
hopes nobody votes for anyone else since he doesnt often get a chance to win a MOTM. :angel

hujja

Established Member
I'm torn between Manu and Alex. Manu made some good saves but Alex was really involved in the game and seems to be progressing from the 2-month lay-off.

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Which Alex??? Song or Hleb???

But I think Owusu was our second best player. Up until he got injured he had a real go at defenders with his trickery. The only thing is his finishing which is really his only weak point I find. He needs to start gaining sum power on those shots of his.

hujja

Established Member
GuNNerZ4LiFe said:
Which Alex??? Song or Hleb???

But I think Owusu was our second best player. Up until he got injured he had a real go at defenders with his trickery. The only thing is his finishing which is really his only weak point I find. He needs to start gaining sum power on those shots of his.

Hleb.

dysphoria

Established Member
has to be almunia for me. he kept us in the game with the double save then won it for us with the 3 correct guesses on the spot.

KingReyes

Established Member
Almunia with ease.

Even though he could have done better with their first goal. Funny that we have these players that have good games but seem to make a mistake during the game that makes them look bad. Senderos, Almunia etc.

Chips&CurrySauce

It wasn't a great performance but I thought some of our youngsters did well..
I thought Song played well, he was committed and showed some nice touches on the ball.. Totally outplayed Gilberto, who in my opinion, with the excpetion of the goal was a total shambles.. Quincy did well in the second half, but his shooting is poor and rarely finds the final ball.. Bendtner definately has something about him.. Has alot of potential, has nice touch and composure.. I also liked the look of Djourou, had to cover for Eboue countless of times, he's fast, strong and has a nice touch.. I do feel he could end up being the better player than Senderos!
You have to give the man of the match to Almunia though.. Made some outstanding saves, kept us in the game and stole the show in the penalty shoot out.. Also love his attitude and his interview with sky after the game.. How he wanted to do it for Senderos, so he wouldn't feel sad! Ahh bless!

AV Gooner

almunia was man of the match but lupoli, eboue and most definately bendtnar deserve a special mention for there hard work and commitment

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Hard to look past Manny Almunia. At least four top drawer saves and then the penalties... Brilliant stuff.

I also thought Quincy and Lupoli tried very hard, but seemed to be lacking a little quality in the end product.

But the best outfield player, well I agree with Chris Kamara- Nicklas Bendtner, by a "country mile". What a difference he made to us, which is interesting when you consider who he replaced.

Anyway, Almunia. Clearly.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Bentdner did ok. When he came to replace the injured vanpersie Arsenal looked more lively. Credit to him. I bet if RVP had played we could have probably lost. Bentdner was brave and energetic, he got his teammates peumped up with his headers and dribling. Bendtener for me.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Quincy was showboating like a drunken clown on the pitch. Luckily he scored that goal if not he would have been the centre of angerness today.

Tegh

Established Member
I've gone for Song, because everyone's gone for Almunia and I think Song put in a great performance considering he had to play alongside a pitiful Gilberto.

Tegh

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
Quincy was showboating like a drunken clown on the pitch. Luckily he scored that goal if not he would have been the centre of angerness today.

He got that from the Michael Flaherty school of Riverdance.

sabret00the

Established Member
Tegh said:
I've gone for Song, because everyone's gone for Almunia and I think Song put in a great performance considering he had to play alongside a pitiful Gilberto.
i wouldn't say song played a 'great' performance but it was good and i felt he done well enough in a midfield against two midfielders who play week-in/week-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom