• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - LC: West Bromwich Albion vs Arsenal | 24/10/06

usheray

Aliadiere if he hadnt scored i think we probably could have lost this like they always say goals change games

Eezyprogress

I went to the game and am not blinded by two touches.

Must say my pick would have to be Alex Song.

He had a very good game. Always available. Reads it very well and was always able to fill in for Clichy and Traore when they were doing their Henry impersonations. He is very strong and as I stated before if people give him a chance to "grow", they will be pleasantly surprised.

Ali played well, looked sharp. As did Theo.

Denilson, good skills, just bedding in will take time to adjust to the tempo as dwells on it a little, and will need toughening up. But still quality is apparent.

Almunia, very sound good takes and handling. Very agile. Punches like Tyson!

Connelly, solid display. Was given a difficult time early on by Ellington, then after first 20, put him in his pocket!

Rest of Back - As would expect.

Flamini was also very good. At one point played a "Hoddle" which put Theo threw which keeper did well to save.

P.s Theo was like a bullet, which must have made his Dad and family proud as they were sat in with us Gooners.

Long may it continue!

Only downside is that Adebayor is out which is disappointing because he started well and we will need given injury to Baptista and games coming up .

P.P.S The actual M.O.M was wait for it ......................... Jonathan Greening, which had us in stitches. Obviously he then got it! :lol:

Ramy

Alliadiare no question
I was there and every time he was on the ball you could sense something
Theo looked really bright.
While song was pleasantly good.

jay-d

Established Member
Good performance for the lads, Aliadiare gave a good reminder of his talents, he was a constant threat all night. For me the standouts were:

Aliadiare - Well taken second and made penalty with great run made a few good runs as well and could have had a hattrick. MOM

Song - Solid, always breaking up play and even tried show boating a bit at the end.

Traore - The guy in front of me was creaming himself and was shouting " he's only 16" great pace, good touch one for the future for sure Clichy has a real fight on his hands.

Theo - Pace , Pace and more Pace, needs to demand the ball more but was a threat when he had it.

Denilson - a bit on the small side but showed some class touches and once he gets used to the pace and physicality, we could have a gem on our hands, I honestly thought he was taller, very similar in build and movement to Aliadiare before he bulked up.

Connoly - very good at defending.

Only performance I was really dissapointed in was Flamini, didn't impose himself enough and didn't look a quality above what was out there, considering his experience.

Zico

Established Member
For people who were there - where did Traore play? I am getting mixed stories in the press. Thanks.

Zico

Established Member
thanks, eezy.

the only time i've seen this kid was against ajax, and that wasn't a serious game. i've heard good stories about him. might end being a genuine left midfielder. else clichy better be scurred!

M+D

Established Member
My ratings for each player V West brom would be:

Almunia: 7 Coped with everything well, good save from a free kick.
Connolly: 6 Bit out of place at RB, but tackled well, didn't support theo on the right hand side much.
Djourou: 6 Did O.K, but looked a bit tired tired after playing so many games in a row.
Senderos: 8 Very impressive, never missed a header, distribution was good.
Clichy: 7 Did well considering how long he's been out, but was outshone by Traore on the left
Walcott: 8 Amazingly fast with the ball at his feet, tormenting the WBA defenders all night.
Flamini: 5 I think that this was his chance to shine, given his amount of experience compared to the other players, but never really got into the game.
Song: 7 Wasn't really expecting much from him, but did all the simple things well, constantly breaking up play.
Denilson: 8 Looked out of his depth at the start, but once he came into the game impressed me a lot. Showed a lot of calssy touches and skillful turns, and wasn't afraid of putting his foot in. Was the victim of some extremely poor tackles, but kept getting back up.
Adebayor: 4 Didn't have much chance to impress, but looked poor on the ball, and failed to hold the ball up. Arsenal looked better off without him.
Aliadiere: 8 Did everything that Adebayor didn't, holding the ball up, making good decisions, and scaring the defence with his pace and runs.
Subs:
Traore: 8 Extremely impressive, looked at least as quick as Theo, and may be able to make a name for himself on the left wing. With more composure he could have scored.
Randall: 7 Wasn't on for long but kept the ball really well, and showed a wide range of passing. Promising.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom