• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Bolton Wanderers | 18/09/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Cole

• Lauren

• Vieira

• Gilberto

• Pires

• Henry

• Reyes

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 2 - Bolton 2

Goal scorers:
A-Henry & Pires
B-Jaidi & Pedersen

We dropped our first points of the season to a Bolton team who deserve to be in 3rd place at the moment. They played very well and as much as i hate to admit it deserve the point that they walked out of North London with today. Us on the other hand looked very unlike ourselves and hopefully Wenger can sort that out before our game with city next week.

It felt really strange to draw a game after so long, i was so upset like we had lost. I went straight to bed after the game so angry, i wonder what i will be like when we eventually lose one (hopefully not soon). Anyone else felt like that?

Highlight of the game: Thierry goal, it was absolutely fantastic.

My MOTM: not sure :(

Who was our MOTM?

Vote and leave a comment before Monday night.

tg signing off :|

Canuck

Established Member
It was a tough choice this match since no one player put on a stand out performance. Of course it wouldn't be a defender, Freddie seemed to be one of the players who was getting stuck in a fair bit, or either of the goal scorers could be chosen, but I felt that Pires goal was as much lucky as anything (hey a goals a goal) but he didn't have much more to contribute. Henry's goal was a thing of beauty, and it was his partner in this that I ended up choosing. Vieira played a fairly solid match and his passing play to put Henry through was one of the best bits of the whole game. I'm glad that he's still a Gunner and that he's back on the pitch.

beanz

I totally sympathise with your feelings TG, it just shows how we've come to expect excellence from the boys, week in, week out.
I know we're not robots who can produce classic footy at the touch of a button, but there should be choice at the end of the poll, which says "None of the above" as no-one shone enough to be MOTM.

Spike

Established Member
I only watched the highlights on Football First.

I would have chosen Freddie, but as he's not on the list I'll go for Vieira. He made some good blocks and tackles.

slapz

I give it to Henry as he was constantly trying whereas the others werent really in it.

Overall man of the match should be Jaidi or Campo from Bolton

Henry's Girl

It felt really strange to draw a game after so long, i was so upset like we had lost. I went straight to bed after the game so angry, i wonder what i will be like when we eventually lose one (hopefully not soon). Anyone else felt like that?
me too and I'm still upset. I almost cried as I was leaving the stadium but ally was there comforting me:(

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Sammer said:
Ashley Cole.

He was the only consistant performer yesterday. Faultless !
He was hardly faultless. He handled the ball on the line for Jaidi's goal, and gave away a corner needlessly to Okocha because he tried to dribble the ball away from the by-line.

No real standouts for Arsenal yesterday, I thought Henry, Vieira, Gilberto and Ljungberg were okay.

bobbypires

Established Member
Very very difficult. Freddie, Gilberto or Paddy, but all the team could do much better.
My vote goes to Ljungberg.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Henry's Girl said:
me too and I'm still upset. I almost cried as I was leaving the stadium but ally was there comforting me:(

I felt the same. We haven't dropped points for quite some time. Imagine what a defeat will feel like!

My MOTM? Probably Toure. He made some good tackles and made some vital interceptions. Nobody was outstanding.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
sorry i forgot to add freddie to the poll, so i take it that everyone that voted 'other' are voting for freddie?

DOls

kaids said:
DOls said:
Kolo Toure. Solid as usual.
With the exception of both Bolton's goals?

Having thought about it some more, i've gone for Onray.

Well, it looked to me that it could have been worse if Kolo didn't make few clearances.
And you can't possibly blame Kolo for Bolton's goals, even Mr Wenger said that the whole defence sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom