• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 12/12/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Toure

• Cole

• Lauren

• Pires

• Flamini

• Fabregas

• Henry

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
_40601081_arschel.gif

Arsenal 2 - Chelsea 2

Goals:
Arsenal: Thierry Henry x2
Chelsea: John Terry and Eidur Gudjohnsen

Leading from the second minute by a beautiful Thierry Henry strike we were pegged back when John Terry unmarked in the box headed in from a corner. We regained the lead when Thierry cheekily took the free kick early which bounced passed Peter Cech but again Chelsea equalised through yes you guessed it a set piece this time through Gudjohnsen.

Who said Thierry wasn't a big match player?

Anyway the posistives are that we were stuck by injuries and a suspension while Chelsea were at full strength and that we had a very unexperienced midfield which held up very well.

Who was your MOTM?

My MOTM: tough choice between Thierry and Sol but Pires and the two youngsters in midfield did great aswell.

My highlight: Thierry's two minute opener

Make sure you vote and leave a comment before Tuesday so that i can write the article.

Thanx for your continued support with the polls BTW :)

tg :)

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Francesc Fabregas: A good performance by our very tired Spaniard. He provided the flighted ball that Henry scored from in the second minute. He also put Pires through for Henry’s great chance late on as well as setting up van Persie late on only to see the Dutchman fire wide. My Man of the Match

Mark

Established Member
The little Frenchman Mathieu Flamini. Finally getting some games and showing what he can do. Worked tirelessly and kept Lampard out of the game. Great prospect this guy is. Give him more games, I say.

quattro

the team was generally great and we had a lot of hardworking class acts on show last night. i'll give my MOTM to robert pires. he was everywhere.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Henry for me....he was absolutely great. Always menacing the Chelsea defence. The first goal was pure class. Absolutely no doubt he is the best striker on this planet in my mind.

Second, I have to go with Pires. He was absolutely sensational too. Always pushing forward and setting up the free-kick for the second goal after a great run. His runs were great and they opened up the play. What a legend...if only he was some 7-years younger!

Third had to be Sol Campbell just ahead of Fabregas. He was towering in defence, even though our defence totally sucked anus at those dreaded set-pieces. Honestly, how can a Champions League team be so bad at defending them!?

And on the side, it was great to see David Bentley make a man-of-the-match effort in Norwich's win against Bolton. Let's hope we see more of that through-out the season.

Rapid88

Thierry Henry was superb, with Fabregas a close 2nd. I was really surprised just how good Cesc was against Lampard and Makalele. His work rate, passing and even his tackling was so impressive.

MAK

I have to admit I was impressed by Terry. Did a very good job all round, bagged a vital goal and led his team from start to finish. Reminded me of a certain T. Adams.

I think Paddy could learn a thing or two from terry.

joe3428

but did you noticed that the 1st chelsea goal by Terry was because campbell blocked by TH14? he was just standing there wait for the ball...???? but the rest of the match he did amazing... and I like his comment after the game saying something like...

"everybody said that I could only score against small team.. so I guess I scored against small team again today.... " or something like that hahahahahhahaha... :D

A

Anonymous

joe3428 said:
but did you noticed that the 1st chelsea goal by Terry was because campbell blocked by TH14? he was just standing there wait for the ball...???? but the rest of the match he did amazing... and I like his comment after the game saying something like...

"everybody said that I could only score against small team.. so I guess I scored against small team again today.... " or something like that hahahahahhahaha... :D

That was very cheeky, but I thought he shouldn't have said that. Made him sound really cocky and arrogant.

Aussie

Established Member
Thierry was great. I would be in favour of giving the armband to him ahead of Dennis when Vieira is not playing.

bergy

go for Pires!
yah..our King was, of course, absolutely outstanding,
but Pires was so fantastic at both defending and attacking that the two younsters in the middle could manage it.
And often he is the mostly underestimated one in arsenal.
He deserve it!

Jinn

Established Member
Thierry. Pulled it out for a great performance, almost match-winning in a weakened side.

Sammer

Established Member
Fabregas for me: he was the motor of our attack - superb passing, great vision and (again) also great defensive work from Cesc. Chelsea was not able to shut him off.

Closely followed by:

- Flamini, Henry and Pires - all of them had a great game.

fuzz

Thierry - don't really need to elaborate

now as for the rest:

Cesc: play some lovely bal and link up play, especially the sitter that henry missed. Really held his own and wasn't fased by the occasion.

Flamini:Excellent to added a little more muscle and he really could hold it against three chelsea midfielders and once chelsea reverted to 442 we had 50% possesion that says something.

Almunia:With all eyes being on this guy today he managed to pull out an excellent performence under extreme scrutiny. He kept it simple and made some good/excellent saves. I really felt comfortable with his kicking and i haven't felt like that since lehmanns arrival. Let's hope almunia can build on this though one performance probably isn't enough no matter how big the game, but today he did well, very well.

bobby pires:how old is he now? seriously though he never lets up with consistantly good performances.

Chips&CurrySauce

Excellent performances from Henry, Pires Flamini and Cesc, though I would add in the first half Cesc found it very hard going, whilst Flmaini on the other hand was battling and fighting and showing great quality for the entire 90 minutes. Flamini looks a very good player to me.

Pires aswell was really up for this game, he showed great commitment which was a suprise and he won a few 50/50 balls which impressed me and he was a genuine threat on the right, which is why Mouinho had to bring on Parker in the second half!

Alumnia aswell deserves great credit. the media had portrayed him as a clown and he was playing under immense pressure, which he handled magnificently. Claimed all his crosses, made a couple of fine saves, and his kicking was superb!!! There is something about Manuel that I really like.

Overall though my man of the match goes for young Flamini.

Ratinho

Established Member
Fabregas.

In the last half hour of that match, he totally outplayed anyone in that Chelsea midfield, and nearly won the game for us with his sensational passing.

Closely followed by Thierry and Flamini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom