• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 18/12/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Senderos

• Campbell

• Lauren

• Fabregas

• Flamini

• Hleb

• Henry

• van Persie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 0 - Chelsea 2

We lost but I am proud of the way the lads played. The disallowed RvP goal should have stood and that would have changed the game. I liked the way our lads got stuck in there and had a go at Chelsea, it was great to see after the way we played in our two previous defeats.

I cant believe Mourinho didn't shake Wenger's hand, out of order :x

My MOTM: Toure, he worked his arse off today.

Who was our MOTM? Vote and leave a comment before Tuesday.

TG

DOUBLE-YOU

Toure was best player. although he was at fault for the first goal, he really took the fight to chelski

OneProudGooner

Established Member
I don't think our back four were that BAD today even though our defence lacked shape with 2 players playing out of position (Lauren at Left back and Toure at Right Back). I stopped watching the game after they scored the second but I think Lauren one mistake in the game in an otherwise commited performance despite playing out of position. It didn't help that we didn't have anyone in midfield who could hold on to the ball for an amount of time or run with it just to take the pressure off our defence but we lack the presence there at the moment.

Some people say Flamini was great but it was hard to notice a midfield that really struggled to take control of things and so it was very scrappy. Hleb started off playing through balls to the Chelski players but got slightly better as the game went on, Ljungberg was practically non existent, Freddie on form would usually help in our build up in moves and make his usual runs into the box but he seemed off the pace. He and Hleb (yes) need to find their feet quick.
Cesc seemed quiet I don't quite understand why we're relying on a 18 year old to be one of main central midfielders, he's good but no Rooney but even he didn't start everygame until later on. I did notice Chelski's central midfield were quite quiet which was thanks to Flamini but I don't think he is the answer, he is like the Grimandi of our team but he is still young and can improve hopefully.

I can't blame Van Persie's and Henry's effort, Henry was quite simply isolated as we played 4-5-1 for much of the game but he still managed to hit the post once! Van Persie tried hard and most definitely scored a legimate goal but otherwise I think we get the most of him playing upfront with Henry. They quite simply lacked much service especially in the second half.

It was hard to really assess our team as Wenger's constant formation changing was starting to confuse and annoy me.

Lukazan

Established Member
Hmmmm.

Lauren would have been a good shout if not for gifting Chelsea the second goal.

I think it's Toure, made those trademark runs down the right and really battled.

Flamini deserves a mention as well, kept it simple and was very composed.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Hmmmm.

I think it's Toure, made those trademark runs down the left and really battled.

You mean Right, Lauren was playing at Left back.

chandraraj

got to be toure. he was awesome. took the game to chelski and was more dangerous in attack too. flamini was also very impressive.

Lukazan

Established Member
OneProudGooner said:
LuKaZaN said:
Hmmmm.

I think it's Toure, made those trademark runs down the left and really battled.

You mean Right, Lauren was playing at Left back.

Yep. :D

But I changed my mind anyway, I vote for Flamini. Really impressed me today he did.

kamikaze80

Established Member
on a night where no one individual performance stuck out, i'll go with flamini for keeping chelsea's midfield anonymous and making lampard bleed.

cant go with either of the fullbacks because they were being caught out of position all night and were ultimately responsible for both chelsea goals. toure is a useful dribbler but hes clearly not used to linking up with the right side and his final pass is not there.

the rest of our attack was fairly anonymous, tho i couldve seen rvp getting MOTM in a more just universe where his goal is allowed and we hold on for the win.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I'm going with Flamini too. He did do a good job on Chelsea's midfield, especially Lampard and kept him largely out of the game. This is good signs for him and if he can continue this form, he may be pushing Gilberto for a starting birth which could even result in Gilberto lifting his game.

Fingers-crossed.

Army of Me

Established Member
Flamini for me, he actually played really bloody well, him and Cesc had a good time in the middle of the park - it was on the flanks we let ourselves down.

Toure gets a special mention for being the soldier who never gave up, but he did look quite rusty on the wing and was at fault for the 1st goal.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
wer said:
actually voted for Senderos. he kept Drogba pretty quiet.

me to. Phil seemed like da man in defence with Sol as his sidekick. Don't know if it was beacuse Mourinho had orderd more pressure on him but he worked thru it.

Sammer

Established Member
1. Senderos
2. Fabregas
3. Toure

My vote goes out to Senderos. Toure played well, but he was out of position too many times (no suprise, it´s not his natural position).

I thought Cesc had another excellent game. Good passing, grit and workrate.

Special mention to Flamini, who seems to play well with Cesc in the middle. I am not sure, if Gilberto would have done any better.

Gurgen

Established Member
Flamini for me. Intercepted well, passed well and looked composed. Kept Frank 'world class' Lampard quiet.

Army of Me

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Flamini for me. Intercepted well, passed well and looked composed. Kept Frank 'world class' Lampard quiet.
indeed, I don't remember Fat Frank doing anything at all in that match, good on the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom