• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 18/12/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Senderos

• Campbell

• Lauren

• Fabregas

• Flamini

• Hleb

• Henry

• van Persie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurgen

Established Member
I don't remember Frank doing anything against us or ManU period. And they call Henry a big game choker.

RammiXP

Flamini for me, he did exactly what i expected him to do and more. Really composed performance today.

Toure gets a mention as well thought he pld well also.

IBL

Established Member
Between Toure and Flamini for me, gone for Flamini was an strong, brave performance.

Kept the fat guy quiet and got stuck in, was everywhere on the pitch. Toure had put in a good performance but was caught out a little for the first goal.

qs

Established Member
I went for Toure, no one really stood out as great though, but then again no one had a howler either(well maybe Sol)

Watching Toure yesterday Im almost tempted to agree that we should try him in the midfield. His power, speed and control running with the ball is super and we all know he can tackle so if Phil can play every game as well as he did yesterday(apart from the tackle that he shouldve been off for) it could be an idea. Im not sure though, i need to think on it more.

Chips&CurrySauce

I agree Toure had a good game but he was totally at fault for the first goal! He just let Robbne run straight pass him whilse he was ball watching.. Once Chelsea scored we wee always gonna lose but at 0 - 0 we had a chance.. Toure had a good game but ultimately it was his slack defending that cost us..

I'd give it to Senderos, even though I think these polls are pointless.. I'm convinced it we lost 10 - 0 we'd still have man of the match poll!

kamikaze80

Established Member
cmon guys, a few more for flamini and we'll get this right...

i cant believe people are voting for toure, he was responsible for their first goal. chelsea couldnt create anything up the middle, their most dangerous attacks came thru the flanks via robben and cole. what does that tell you?

James

Established Member
Toure.

The only Arsenal player who gave 110% for 90 minutes of the game. I mentioned after the Newcastle game he should be Arsenal captain, and i still stand by that.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Yeah, put his heart were his mouth was from the interview a day or two before the game.

ATM I would lurve Toure to be captain, with Senderos or Cesc penciled in as future candidates.

Still, had to give it to Flamini for owning the fat bastard.

longrufus

Established Member
Flamini for me by a country mile, had Fat Frank in his pocket the whole game, kit man has a big task fixing the seams.

Senderos played really well, kept drogba at bay the whole game.

Toure did great, but enthusism alone cannot win MOTM can it? Yea he give it is all but was seriously at fault for the goal. Toure would make a great captain i feel, hopefully it will happen when he moves to DM.

RammiXP

the irony here is that if Flamini played like toure he would have been crucified. Flam gives it his all everymatch and never gets the praise toure does.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
RammiXP said:
the irony here is that if Flamini played like toure he would have been crucified. Flam gives it his all everymatch and never gets the praise toure does.

Agreed. Mystifies me the stick he gets.

People ***** that he's ****, but when he gets to start a game, alongside Cesc NOT Gilberto, he actually shows he's not half-bad.

Some Gooners will still say he's **** no matter what though :?

Viper

Established Member
I voted Toure.

He worked his ass off and played excellent despite his error leading to the first goal. He would make a brilliant midfielder.. We don't really need to buy a midfielder, unless we get his brother, Yaya, who I like very much and does seem to be a great player. Wenger could just get a class CB and push Toure into midfield with Fabregas or someone..

Flamini also deserves a special mention. He kept Fat Frank quiet and he played very well.

Yeah I agree with you, YuenBiaoFan. When Flamini played crap it was because was along side Gilberto. He was with Fabregas yesterday.

I'd prefer to have a Fabregas-Flamini partnership instead of Fabregas-Gilberto if he continues to play as well just like against Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom