• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 23/08/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cygan

• Toure

• Cole

• Hleb

• Fabregas

• Gilberto

• Reyes

• Henry

• Bergkamp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I was at the game last night and Cygan despite his goals wasn't that good, neither was Thierry tbh (in the first half, anyway). Reyes, on the other hand was outstanding. So him for me, it was a lovely assist for Thierry's frist goal. And what a goal that was.

Hleb continued being excellent, too.

Wenger14

Established Member
Reyes ran through defenders, played inch perfect passes and created a goal, finally after almost 2 years we are seeing the Reyes from Sevilla. Well done to the lad, hope he plays consistently throughout the season. My MoTM

Cygan defended well and scored 2 goals, but wasn't in the class of Reyes.

Hleb continued to show his brilliance and so too did Lehman.

Fabregas and Thierry are worth a mentioning too.

Gilberto was sloppy and Dennis isn't looking too good.

IBL

Established Member
Special mention to Cygan (never thought I'd say ever say that!) who had the game of his life and trebled his goal scoring tally. Also Lehman, Henry and Hleb played well.

My vote goes to Reyes though, he was a real menace throughout the match, great dribbling and crisp passing, keep up the good form Jose!

Mark

Established Member
Reyes looked really good from what I saw. When he does it properly, his passing is actually really good.

Credit to Cygan as well - solid at the back, and 2 goals, doubt we'll see that very often... :p

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I didn't watch the game, since it wasn't on TV here. So after reading several match reports, I think I'll go with the consensus and choose Jose Antonio Reyes. It seemed he has made one hell of a debut for the season. Now all we need is for another 35 more games like that from him.

I wanted to give it to Pascal Cygan though Its not too often the big lug gets a brace and wouldn't get my vote for the man of the match.

Wish I could've seen it. :cry:

Ricky_AFC

Reyes for me. He was playing with great confidence last night and beating defenders for fun, also hos passing was perfect and he had some decent shots. Keep it Jose.

Oh yeah and great game Pascal, we won't be seeing a brace from you again.

chandraraj

cygan for his first goal. that was a huge relief. i was a bit nervous the way arsenal was playing in the first half. cygan for his second goal, for proving the first goal wasn't a fluke. he is my motm. 8)

James

Established Member
Jose Reyes. Some of his passing was magnificent, made it look so effortless. Looked electric down the right, cutting in on his left peg. Deserved a goal, but created so many chances for us.

sabret00the

Established Member
Reyes without a doubt, i'm disappointed to see henry with even 6 votes as he couldn't even get into the game bar when they done **** and forgot about him, says alot to how he played preiously to both points.

Cygan was solid and is a great runner up.

But Reyes embodies what Arsenal's about, great runs, great movement, directness and pace, i loved watching him play against Fulham.

Feanor

Established Member
You have to go with Cygan, how many times is he going to be up for MOTM? Reyes was the best player.

qs

Established Member
Im giving it to Reyes, Bergy was excellent too and I thought Hleb had another great game. Cygan got 2 goals allw ell and good be he is a defender and he still looked a bit slow at the back.

Seed

I would love to say Cygan but although he scored two, there were some moments where he looked far from assured, Henry was quiet apart from his two goals which were well taken, but he didn't contribute at all apart from that.
So... Reyes! Looked skillful, pacey and a good range of passing. Terrorised the Fulham defence!

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The Official Arsenal-Mania Man of the Match award for this game goes to Jose Antonio Reyeswho had a great match; he made a great return from suspension and we all hope he keeps it up. He won the award with 52% of the votes, 2nd place went to goal scorer Pascal Cygan who had 30% of the votes and Alexander Hleb who had 6%.

10343.jpg

Well done Jose

Thanks to everyone that voted and those that left comments. Make sure you look out for the article which will be on the homepage soon.

TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom