• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Manchester City | 04/01/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Senderos

• Cole

• Hoyte

• Ljungberg

• Fabregas

• Pennant

• Henry

• van Persie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 1 - Man City 1

Goals: Shaun Wright Philips and Freddie Ljungberg

We managed to get a draw after being one-nil down on 31 minutes. I know that we really needed to win this game but a draw is better than a defeat. 7 points behind now, it seems to be a mountains climb away but Chelsea still have to play us and Man Utd away and hopefully some other team does damage to them too.

Who was your MOTM? Whoever it was vote and leave a comment before Friday.

tg :?
Keeping the faith

kanuuu

Established Member
I've gone for Senderos, i was only watching on a crappy internet stream so cant say for definate but i think he was our best player, looked strong, and quick to see danger.

KingReyes

Established Member
Noone really stood out but I can agree Senderos had a solid debut. Cesc did very well in the second half looked really hungry to get us back in the game.

its gotta be philippe senderos
excellent debut for us, but really the true man of the match was dunne who was inspirational (and i remember he was great against manutd earlier in the season as well)...I cant even say i hate it because he was so admirable today.... :?

MightyArsenal

Whats weird is I just watched the hour highlights on sky and hoyte had a good game, but everyone on here was slagging him off saying he was awful, he made 2 goal chances by late tackles. But he was awful going forward and didnt look very composed so overall he had an "ok" game but not awful like some think. I also thought van persie looked dangerous and should have maybe scored.

We could have won in those last 15 minutes, wasnt our day I guess.

sabret00the

Established Member
i never felt that anyone was really outstanding today bar Senderos, most arsenal fans were weiry of how the integration of someone so young would effect the team and if we'd be solid but his first tackle left me with nothing but excitement, then later to see him barking orders at other players after paddy said we needed him on the near post for a corner showed me just what he was made of, it takes someone with a real 'adams' mentality to be able to tell players to be where you wanna be after being told what to do. he showed character and even showed some amazing pace on one of the Manchester City counters, it had the person next to me asking if that was Henry, he had a fantastic game and for some reason even when he got his yellow i felt pround, does he deserve the arsenal-mania man of the match award? well he was our best player out there! if this is the future of Arsenal, i have nothing to worry about.

sabret00the

Established Member
Re: Man of the Match: Man City

thierrys_girl said:
Goals: SW Philips and Freddie Ljungberg
TG not to be a pompus git or anything but the guy deserves the respect of having his name written out, it's a double barrelled surname not a middle name :wink:

"S Wright Phillips"

A

Anonymous

I really couldnt give a motm for this game. Senderos looks a good prospect, but Macken is harldy Ronaldo.

Lukazan

Established Member
I couldn't really say to be honest.. if I said Hoyte it'd only be because other people on here have, if I said Senderos.. it'd be for the same reason..

Therefore I guess I'll go for Ljungberg! Another good goal getting us something from this game.

zodos

I was in Row A of East Stand Upper, freezing my butt off. I saw nothing to excite or warm me up. I have chosen not to vote this time as I do not think any of our players deserved it. Richard Dunne, Distin and Shaun Wright-Phillips were marvelous for city. Senderos had a good debut, but wasn't outstanding. Hoyte wasn't awful, but could neither cross the ball or make a simple pass. How we missed Lauren! Almunia had a decent game as well.

If there was a vote for the worst player, it would no doubt be our captain, who again gave away the ball a million times, one resulting in the goal! On the bright side though, he can't get any worse (or can he?).

Canuck

Established Member
Freddie for his goal and for sparing us the blushes of having ManUre creeping up behind us...

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Freddie didn't do too much apart from his goal.. oh and if you think Lauren can cross better then your crazy :shock: I don't think we've had a right back who can cross that well for ages even Dixon wasn't that brilliant at it.

brianfrance

Established Member
Fortunately we've got Philippe in the squad. Simply can't imagine how Cygan will play again, and even, can't imagine what would have been the result if cygan had played this match. Congrats to our swiss.

Ratinho

Established Member
Fabregas for me.

May not have been his best game, but when your playing in central midfield on your own, it's probably the most difficult job on the pitch. Probably Senderos, but he actually had a teammate next to him.

I see even Pennant's irrelevant stint even got ahead of shoving Vieira onto the list this time. Maybe some realism kicking in??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom