• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 28/03/04

Who Was Our MOTM vs Man U

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clichy

• Campbell

• Toure

• Lauren

• Pires

• Vieira

• Edu

• Ljungberg

• Reyes

• Henry

• Gilberto

• Cygan

• Total voters

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal 1: Man U 1
` Henry Saha

` A tantalising encounter saw Arsenal stamp their authority on a game which was completely one-sided, contrary to what the score may say.

` In the first half we should have been 2, 3, or possibly 4 ahead, such was our dominance. We only allowed Man U to two shots in the whole of the first half, one which was a snapshot from Djemba-Djemba, and another in the dying seconds of the half by Keane.

` In the second half we continued to bring the game to them, and a spectacular strike from Henry put us ahead. He stepped, and blasted it from a long way out.

` We pushed on and could have gone even further ahead, had it not been for Carrol. Arsène Wenger then decided to rest on our lead, so he took off Pires, Reyes, and Ljungberg, and replaced them with Cygan, Gilberto, and Bergkamp.

` With their first real effort on goal in the second half, Saha scored what turned out to be the equaliser.

` We could still have gone on to win had Lauren not dwindeled on the ball. He ended up crossing to Henry, who could only guide his header wide. Lauren should have put it square for Henry, in what would have been a certain goal.

` Anyways the game ended up 1:1 and we are still unbeaten, so our nect big task is against Man U at Villa Park, where anything other than victory will not suffice.

` Vote for your MOTM and post your match reactions here.

goonerlove

I think Toure and Pires were both extremely solid.... I went with Toure b/c RVN was no where to be found.

I was also impressed with Reyes and Edu.

Disappointed with result but all will be forgotten with a win in FA semi-.

Goonerlove

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For me it has to be Clichy. Once again he proved to be a more than capable deputy to Ashley Cole. He was outstanding, proved to be very competent defensively, against the second best attacking team in the country. The boy has lightening speed, and I believe he is one of the fastest players in our team, and that is some achievement, as we are not a team of slow players.

Caused them a lot of problems, with his overlapping runs, and never gave up the cause, be it tracking back to in the ball, or to chase hopeless balls. Made some very good clearances late on, and gave us an attacking threat on the counter. And in particular since Cygan came on he was basically playing on the whole of the left by himself.

He is gradually improving to the standards that Ashley Cole has set,in terms to the link up play he has with Pires and Henry. I believe this will come in time.

All in all I believe that he is giving Arsène Wenger a very hard time in who to pick for that Left Back position, although Ashley Cole will have it guaranteed for a while yet, he has to be on his toes, ans this kid has the potential to become a world beater.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I thought nearly everyone played very well, nobody in particular stood out. Our finishing was very poor tho.

Lehmann 8
Clichy 8
Campbell 7
Toure 8
Lauren 7
Pires 8
Vieira 8
Edu 7
Ljungberg 7
Henry 8
Reyes 8

I voted for Toure.

kazu

pires.. he held the ball really well, nobody could get it off him, won a number of headers and his pass to ljungberg was wonderful!

reyes, clichy and kolo were great! sol was solid except for the penalty incident where we were lucky...

edu was ok tonite, not one of his best games i feel...

and can we remove gilberto and cygan, these 2 wankers make my blood boil... cygan has improved this season, but not as a left midfielder!!! as for gilberto doing his invisible work, i wish he would be really invisible and not appear in the team!

Mark

Established Member
Clichy is the only one I would consider voting for as he was the only one still making the effort towards the end of the game while the rest of our players were taking a breather. Brilliant performance from an 18 year old. We missed Cole's runs forward though. It wasn't quite the same down that left hand side.

I don't feel like Vieira and Edu did enough to be honest. I guess they were probably tired after a tough CL game with Chelski.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Excuse me, this is my job :roll:

Who told you to make the MOTM poll?

I woke up extra early this morning to post the poll and its already here :(

Explain

Mark

Established Member
I'm sorry but I just want to add this...

Although it's great that we have such talented youth at this club, it's very disappointing that our best player in a match like today was an 18 year old LB filling in for an injured first choice player. What does that say about the rest of our players?

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Pires
star.JPG
star.JPG
Toure
star.JPG
Clichy

Iron Monkey

toure can be man of the match if he can clear the man utd goal, the ball is pass infront of him, i'm very sad he not get the ball

A

Anonymous

thierrys_girl said:
Excuse me, this is my job :roll:

Who told you to make the MOTM poll?

I woke up extra early this morning to post the poll and its already here :(

Explain

Lol, there are much more important things to worry about in life than who has the right to post a MOTM thread on an internet message board. Get over it!

Clichy was excellent, untill OGS came on. He was given a hard by him, and I would have liked him to of got closer. Something for the mancs to work on for Sat imo, as we know he wont get much help from Bob.

bencey

Kolo for me with Clichy a close second. But i thought Jens had a supurb game, caught nearly every cross and made solid saves

Latest posts

Top Bottom