• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 22/08/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Cole

• Pires

• Ljungberg

• Fabregas

• Reyes

• Henry

• Bergkamp

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 5 - Middlesbrough

Goal scorers:
Arsenal- Thierry Henry x2, Dennis Bergkamp, Robert Pires and Jose Antonio Reyes
Middlesbrough- Job, Hasselbaink and Queudrue

What a game :!: Leading 1-0 and playing so well and then BANG 3 goals conceded and the equalling of the unbeaten record looked in doubt but then Bergkamp took controlled and gave the boys belief that we could do this. 3 goals later the points were secured and we were able to equal the 42 game unbeaten record that has stood for so long.

What a effort boys 42 games :) We are all very proud

My MOTM: Another tough one this week, its between Bergkamp and Henry for me.

So who was your MOTM? Vote and leave a comment before Wednesday.

tg signing off :)

pome

i voted for dennis, he was superb again and his great goal got us back in the game, thierry, rayes and fabregas were all quality too and well done for bobby coming on and scoring again, its hard to choose when we have so much quality in the team :p

Ridge

Bergkamp for sure. He did whatever he could, whatever a captain should do.
~Dennis forever young~ :angel

beanz

Sorry TG, I'm saying BAAAA, and following the rest of the sheep in voting for Dennis (I'm only 25 really) Bergkamp, with Cesc (I play like I'm 25) Fabregas a close second.
Even though Titi scored twice and hit the bar with a super free kick, I thought he looked a bit below par, which is probably unfair and being hyper critical, but then he sets such high standards these days that we come to expect nothing less than awesome from him.
We're all lucky people to have seen such a mind blowing game :mrgreen:
ps. See you on Wednesday, I'll be there with No1 son in the North bank lower, to hopefully witness a new record in the making :clap

jeromelee

I know the whole team contributed to the win. The goal-scorers were Pires, Bergy, Henry and Reyes. As with the last game against Everton, Freddy also scored.

But this time round, even with so many different goal-scorers, I think the goal that changed the tempo of the game was the Bergy's goal.

It felt to me that Arsenal were about to lose all semblance of a team. It felt that Arsenal just lost steam at the critical 42th game to match Forest's record. It felt like Boro were going to be the hero's that stopped the gunners. The writing was on the wall. It felt all that till Bergy said, "enough of this bambi-ing around, time for the men to show the boys how football is played."

Within a minute he took the ball, passed a couple of defenders and reminded the team how a goal is scored. No nonsense, no dilly-dallying, no 15-20 one touches, no flair. Just straight to the point. "I run from midfield with ball to opponents goalpost and put ball in corner of goal."

"Bang!! Job well done. Business taken care off. Show this youngsters how to score again. Now lets remind Boro and the rest of the clowns in this league why we are the Champions."

And thus the game ended 5-3 to Arsenal. Wouldn't have been the same without the ICEMAN.

tbbosa

Tough one to call this one. Thought of Pires and Reyes and then almost voted for DB10. But decided on Henry for his 2 goals and the assist. He almost had a good free kick too!!

leongsh

Dennis Bergkamp. Awesome overall performance. A stand-in captain but a supremely inspirational captain that made the fightback possible. He must have thought, "Dammit, we are NOT going to lose while I'm captain" after Middlesbrough scored their 3rd goal and shortly thereafter, he scored Arsenal's 2nd goal that became the key turning point.

Deliberated hard as a few others deserved mention: Francesc Fabregas, Jose Antonio Reyes, Thierry Henry, Robert Pires and Gilberto Silva. However, Dennis Bergkamp gave such a stirring performance in attack and helping out in defense added to the responsibility of being the captain made him the clear MotM.

kNiteMare

definitly Bergkamp. Only he yesterday would have the mentality to pull one back straight away after going down 3-1. The act of the captain. Getting really scared now of what will happen if he leaves.

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Dennis Bergkamp (he's 25)
star.JPG
star.JPG
José Antonio Reyes
star.JPG
Thierry Henry

Special mention: Robert Pires I give him another
star.JPG
It's not easy to score 2 goals only playing half of a match.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Jose Antonio for me- a constant threat and unlucky, very unlucky not to have had a maiden Premiership hat- trick. His pass to Thierry for the goal was, well Bergkampesque. And what a goal on his "wrong" foot.

Dennis was f'king superb too. And Cesc. Despite Thierry's goals and assist (and what more do I want?) I agree with Beany, all round game seems to be missing something atm.

Taozhe

Many of us were worried that Dennis's going to enter the lowest point of his career like many aging stars but the shadow striker's contribution to the team's comeback was stunning. He has proved that in his age - experience and genius can make a difference. My hero has done Arsenal proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom