• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle United | 14/08/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Cole

• Lauren

• Ljungberg

• Fabregas

• Hleb

• Henry

• van Persie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 2 - Newcastle 0

Goals: Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie

What a good way to start of the season; 3 points against a hard-working and defense minded Newcastle team. It took us 80 minutes to get onto the scoresheet but we deserved the win and played at a high level throughout. Captain Titi took another step closer to Wrighty's record with a penalty and Robin secured the win with a tight angled shot at close range.

My MOTM: Freddie, he was involved in everything. Running here and running there.

Who was our MOTM? Whoever you think it was vote and leave a comment before Tuesday.

TG

Ratinho

Established Member
Lehmann on the list? :lol:

Thought the whole defence played well, came out well with the ball and looked solid, but teh only man ahead of them that did anything really (before Hleb and RvP came on) was Ljungberg.

SydneyGunnerFan

i would have to say freddie aswell played a top game ran everywhere and set up the goal for van persie so he pleayed really well and i think he was involved with the penalty aswell.

Aussie

Established Member
No real standouts in this game.

Freddie for me. Worked hard as always and created some good chances.

Mark

Established Member
Hard to choose between Toure, Lauren and Freddie. In the end I've gone for Lauren because he was both solid defensively and looked good going forward too. Played a good part in our 2nd goal and generally worked hard all game and sent in a couple of good crosses. Great performance from Ralph.

Gurgen

Established Member
Freddie.

I got frustrated with his inability to deliver a decent cross but then he showed why he is one of the best off the ball runners around.

Army of Me

Established Member
The defence played well, but overall I thought it was an average performance from Arsenal before Hleb and RvP came on.

Freddie gets my vote for his involvement in the goals, plus he seemed to be the only one bothered whether we won or lost that match. Well, him and Toure.

IBL

Established Member
Has to be Freddie for me just above Lauren, Toure and Cole. Freddie was involved in most of our attacking play and had a hand in both goals. In general worked hard and put himself around the pitch with good effect.

James

Established Member
Where is Gilberto?

How can you have Lehmann on that list and not Gilberto :lol:

Anyway, Bert was my MOTM. Bossed the midfield even with Newcastle having 5 across the midfield. Emre, Parker and Jenas (whilst he was on) are 3 very good players, and Gilberto never looked troubled against them.

Hleb is a talent. But i wish people would calm down. How could you possibly give him MOTM? I know RVP and him changed the game when they came on, but come on!

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I liked Freddie, seeing as though he played a big part in both goals, but I went with Lauren.

I thought Lauren was extremely good for us on the right side, and just kept working. He and Ljungberg were fantastic together, as usual. We talk a lot about the link play between Pires and Cole, well, Lauren and Ljungberg are just as good at it.

Feanor

Established Member
It was a tought choice between Freddie and Toure but I went with Toure because I assumed everyone else would vote for Freddie (it's a problem I have)! Good game from the defense but I'm afraid a 35 year old Shearer isn't much of a threat by himself anymore.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Gilberto was my man of the match.

He has the best positional sense in the side.

Yesterday he rarely squandered possession, and his passing was neat and composed.

He lets the others do their thing. Smashing attitude to boot.

Crying shame he was omitted from that list.

James

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Gilberto was my man of the match.

He has the best positional sense in the side.

Yesterday he rarely squandered possession, and his passing was neat and composed.

He lets the others do their thing. Smashing attitude to boot.

Crying shame he was omitted from that list.
(Y)

Spot on

kamikaze80

Established Member
freddie and lauren were great on the right side for us. nothing was created on the left and middle until hleb came on for pires (and rvp for bergkamp). pires was truly awful today, and if he doesnt improve, i dont mind him leaving at all if we can bring someone else in to replace him. tbh, our defence didnt have much to do with newcastle packing their men in their own end, leaving a slow-footed shearer up front by himself.

so i vote for freddie. if hleb were on for longer, he wouldve gotten the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom