• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle United | 23/01/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Toure

• Lauren

• Cole

• Vieira

• Flamini

• Reyes

• Pires

• Bergkamp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Patrick Vieira
star.JPG
star.JPG
Mathieu Flamini / José Antonio Reyes
star.JPG
Robert Pires / Dennis Bergkamp

guoxian

Vieira's performance spoke for itself
Vintage Vieira of old.

That said, the goal Bergy scored is also well taken off a Flamini flick.

omdtm

I don't know what happened to Henry, but he wasn't very good today...

Luckily, Bergkamp was there to do some of his magic. :D

joe3428

a lot of improvemnet from the team.
but for me 3 best performance last night are:
Reyes, Vieira and Flamini

shay given played very well too. too bad he's on the other side.

Chips&CurrySauce

It was an excellent performance from all our players. Good to see Reyes and Dennis back on form, Flamini also was excellent but Patrick was simply awesome, he ran the show yesterday and if Henry was a bit more clinical Patrick would have had a couple of assists to his name aswell!

Sammer

Established Member
bobbypires said:
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Patrick Vieira
star.JPG
star.JPG
Mathieu Flamini / José Antonio Reyes
star.JPG
Robert Pires / Dennis Bergkamp

I always agree with your MOTM votes, bobbypires :D

Spot on !

Special credits go out to Flamini. We might see a lot more of him in the next games.

Gurgen

Established Member
Mark said:
I voted for Vieira as he showed the kind of form that makes him unstoppable. Forget that 5-man midfield rubbish - if Vieira plays to the best of his ability we can deal with it.

You might want to note that Newcaslte was playing with a 4-man midfield in the 2nd half. But Paddy MoM for sure.

KingReyes

Established Member
Vieira for me, now thats what I call committment on a football pitch. I mentioned that Vieira is not a vocal player/captain and he showed that his leadership qualities is the way he commits himself and performs on the pitch. If continues to perform like he did the rest will follow.

JoseReyes29

Gurgen said:
Mark said:
I voted for Vieira as he showed the kind of form that makes him unstoppable. Forget that 5-man midfield rubbish - if Vieira plays to the best of his ability we can deal with it.

You might want to note that Newcaslte was playing with a 4-man midfield in the 2nd half. But Paddy MoM for sure.

no, that aint true.... whatever ginger strachan says......

JoseReyes29

Gurgen said:
Mark said:

no, that aint true-the 4 man midfield thing.... whatever ginger strachan says......

7CHP

Flamini worked well and had a great assist to Dennis. The young frenchman gets the nod from Norway

zodos

I note that there has been no mention of Lauren. Like Gilberto, before his injury, he is one of our most unappreciated players. With Lauren back and looking solid both in defence and attack, our team looked a great deal more balanced.
I have probably been the No1 Vieira basher, but he was absolutely massive yesterday. That was the performace of "the best CM in the world". Let's hope he stays consistent. Flamini was massive, Reyes back to his best, ageing Bobby trying his best. This shows how good we can be when we have our first choice players back and playing to their best. Long may it continue!

Gurgen

Established Member
JoseReyes29 said:
Gurgen said:
Mark said:

no, that aint true-the 4 man midfield thing.... whatever ginger strachan says......

Don't know what you're talking about, haven't even seen MotD.

kanuuu

Established Member
Strachan said that Newcastle switched to 4-4-2 in the second half and that's why paddy found it easier, interesting.

Sammer

Established Member
Chips&CurrySauce said:
Maybe so Kanuu, but I thought Patrick was also excellent in the first half despite some shocking tackles on him by the geordi boys!

For which they received only one :shock: yellow card. Reyes and Viera got both tackled pretty badly.

Funny enough, as soon as Reyes made his first fould (which wasn´t too bad in my view), he immediately received a yellow.

sabret00the

Established Member
Vieira match of the Season > Reyes who just looked unbeleivably awesome > Cole solid as usual and made some awesome runs.

Honourable mention to Flamini who had a good game but just went on to show he's not a defensive midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom